Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Amazing Spider-Man 2

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    As I much prefer most of this cast to the Raimi movies, I'm looking forward to this sequel.

I just hope the movie doesn't suffer from all of the stuff they jammed into it.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131

As I much prefer most of this cast to the Raimi movies, I'm looking forward to this sequel.

I just hope the movie doesn't suffer from all of the stuff they jammed into it.

I agree. I enjoyed Raimi's take on the first two films partly because there was only one villain. ASM only had one villain. In this iteration it looks like we're getting three. Weren't there three villains in Spider-Man 3? Yikes.

That said, I had nearly the same reaction to this trailer as I had the ASM trailer, and I really ended up liking that film.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbp3Ra3Yp74

Looks like the parental secrets is going to play MUCH more prominently in this installment. I like what I see, but some of the action sequences look more CGI than the very first Spider-Man from Raimi. Thoughts?
  • Options
    And there's all KINDS of crazy cool news in this article. Feature films for Venom and the Sinister Six as well? How will THAT work?

http://www.hitfix.com/news/confirmedthe-amazing-spider-man-3-venom-the-sinister-six-movies-on-the-way
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I don't mind the Lots o' Villains approach, as long as the focus of the movie remains Spider-Man. Spare me multiple origins per film.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    First off, the Spider-Man costume has never looked better. I loved it. Was it me or did Harry seem a bit creepy in the trailer? I'm curious to see the motivations of Electro. I liked the look of Jamie Foxx and I loved the sequence towards the end of the trailer. I'm curious to see this movie. Looks pretty good from what I've seen so far.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

First off, the Spider-Man costume has never looked better.

Seconded.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

And there's all KINDS of crazy cool news in this article. Feature films for Venom and the Sinister Six as well? How will THAT work?

http://www.hitfix.com/news/confirmedthe-amazing-spider-man-3-venom-the-sinister-six-movies-on-the-way

Venom in #3, AGAIN?!

M
  • Options
    WetRats said:

jaydee74 said:

Seconded.
    Better then last movie, but too much like Ultimate Spider-man (yes, I know this series is based on that title), which I cannot stand.

M
  • Options
    azraelazrael Posts: 46
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

jaydee74 said:

Seconded.
    Better then last movie, but too much like Ultimate Spider-man (yes, I know this series is based on that title), which I cannot stand.

M
    eh. some of the Ultimate Spider-Man stuff is okay. I know Bendis is real bad about just taking old single issue Spider-Man stories and re-structuring them into 4 or 5 issue arcs for use in Ultimate Spider-Man, but still...It's not all terrible.

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I really enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man for awhile. There was a lot about it that I felt was good and even though a lot of it was rehashing stuff rom the 616 Universe, I feel it was told in a refreshing and interesting way.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I really enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man for awhile. There was a lot about it that I felt was good and even though a lot of it was rehashing stuff rom the 616 Universe, I feel it was told in a refreshing and interesting way.

I can't tell if this version of Parker is more or less whiny then the Ultimate version. I think that's part of the reason I don't care for this new rebooted series.

M
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    They have the German trailer over at CBR. Digging Jamie Foxx as Electro so far.
  • Options
    Matt said:

jaydee74 said:

I can't tell if this version of Parker is more or less whiny then the Ultimate version. I think that's part of the reason I don't care for this new rebooted series.

M
    Parker's always been kind of a whiny character, i've read some of the old stuff (i have some sort of trade, collecting some early Spider-Man issues, i think it's Lee and John Romita, i could be wrong), but Parker's always been a bit of a whiny character.

That said, i did enjoy Miles Morales for a little bit.
  • Options
    Matt said:

Venom in #3, AGAIN?!

M

According to our market research from 1996, Venom is extremely* popular.

*Heh. "extreme"ly. I crack me up.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

Venom in #3, AGAIN?!

M

According to our market research from 1996, Venom is extremely* popular.

*Heh. "extreme"ly. I crack me up.
    ^This. All of it.

:))
  • Options
    azrael said:

Matt said:

jaydee74 said:

M
    Parker's always been kind of a whiny character, i've read some of the old stuff (i have some sort of trade, collecting some early Spider-Man issues, i think it's Lee and John Romita, i could be wrong), but Parker's always been a bit of a whiny character.

That said, i did enjoy Miles Morales for a little bit.
    Then it must be Garfield's delivery that's extra whiny.

M
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    Here's the international trailer for the film with a lot of new footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z61rmiN35E
  • Options
    Is cleaning the chimney more of an international joke?

Kidding aside, I liked that trailer a LOT better. The traffic jam joke at the beginning of the first one was a bit silly.
  • Options
    That costume... it is like the filmakers have come together and said, "Yeah, that costume in the first film was a mistake... so we are just going to go back to this. Let us not dwell on it."

As an audience member, I accept this. I don't need a big mea culpa from them, just the fact that they ditched the costume made from sewn together basketballs is enough.

I am genuinely excited to see this film, something that never, ever happened with the first one.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Haven't seen the first Amazing Spider-Man yet. :\">
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I fell asleep twice trying to get through the last movie so I don't have high hopes for this one. I am ready to be proven wrong but the three villain thing has me worried.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    I keep reading these comments about the costume being altered but it looks the same to me. What's different that I'm not noticing?
    BTW: I much preferred the Andrew Garfield Spidey to mopey Tobey.
  • Options
    JaxUr said:

I keep reading these comments about the costume being altered but it looks the same to me. What's different that I'm not noticing?

The costume in ASM looked slapped together with spare costume swatches. This one actually looks like his costume.

I'll take a mopey Tobey over a whiny Andrew any day of the week.

M
  • Options
    JaxUr said:

NEW:

OLD:

Totally different.
  • Options

Silver slippers?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Silver slippers?

That's who the Wicked Witch traded to for her ruby slippers before Dorothy stole them!

M
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I really like the new costume. Tons better than the first and I actually think better than the Raimi version. Ill never understand how Spidermans costume is always comic accurate in every incarnation to date, yet when other costumes are discussed (such as Supermans) its "no no no, that simply cant and or wont work on film. those colors Etc. just silly".
  • Options
    batlaw said:

I really like the new costume. Tons better than the first and I actually think better than the Raimi version. Ill never understand how Spidermans costume is always comic accurate in every incarnation to date, yet when other costumes are discussed (such as Supermans) its "no no no, that simply cant and or wont work on film. those colors Etc. just silly".

How's the suit in ASM look any different then in Spider-man 2?

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

batlaw said:

How's the suit in ASM look any different then in Spider-man 2?

M
    The eyes are bigger, less pointy. The webbing is thinner. Slight cosmetic changes that would never have been noticed if it weren't for the ASM costume in the middle.