Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Now with SPOILERS)

Comments

• Spitballing here, but I can see the Vision's story arc coming about due to Ultron "liberating" Jarvis from being Tony Stark's slave. At the end, Vision/Jarvis turns on Ultron saving the day. Would it be too much to ask that we see him shed a tear in the final scene?

• WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    AMENDED:

Cap
    Iron Man (Tony Stark, anyway)
    Thor
    Hulk
    Black Widow
    Hawkeye
    Nick Fury (unless he dies in Cap2 -- Fat chance!)
    Maria Hill
    Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Vision
    Iron Patriot/War Machine
    Falcon?
    Some/All of the Guardians of the Galaxy?

• bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

I'm not sure how long this teaser will stay up (I was told it's the Comic Con teaser, but I have not confirmed this).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDMU4R_e2xk

How can ANY Marvel fan NOT be pumped about the possibilities brewing with this sequel. That Ultron teaser has me chomping at the bit to see this.
  • A bit more info ...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=94150
    "Bettany and Jeremy Renner, who plays ace archer Hawkeye, were at Shepperton Studios just outside London this week, meeting with director Joss Whedon. They did a series of costume, hair and make-up tests and worked with stuntmen and armourers."

They go on to say that "Make-up experts were using various powders and potions on Bettany’s pale skin to bring about the Vision’s chalk-white complexion." Now I'm sure any Avengers comic fan will know that the character's face is usually red..but, The Vision was depicted early on as being completely "chalk white", fitting the above description. Incidentally, the working title for the Marvel sequel is apparently "After Party", but the Mail is pretty sure that will change now that the info is out there.
    JarVision can even incorporate the original Human Torch body. Remember it was at the World's Fair in the first Cap movie.

*fanboy glee*
  • WetRats said:

JarVision can even incorporate the original Human Torch body. Remember it was at the World's Fair in the first Cap movie.

Genius!

WetRats said:

*fanboy glee*

That's a great idea.

• MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

*fanboy glee*

I could see Howard Stark having bought it & the unit is currently in storage.

M
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Matt said:

random73 said:

Paul Bettany as the vision? I guess if Tony built Ultron this makes perfect sence.

Whoa. I was unaware they were casting for the Vision. If they're able to pull his character off properly, this could be amazing.

I'm not sure if they were even casting for the part. It makes sense to use Bettany, especially if the Iron Man movies are done. I picture the origin along the lines of:

With Tony no longer Iron Man, he creates Ultron to fill his place (which will probably look a lot like an Iron a Man suit.) Either Ultron will create Vision using Jarvis (since he's tied into Stark's infrastructure) or Tony will create Vision using a reliable AI, Jarvis, to combat Ultron.

Hopefully, Tony constructs the Silver Centurian suit.

M
    i agree, given the cinematic universe they've built up to this point, this makes perfect sense.
    IM3 SPOILERS!

After the Iron Man suit got hit by the truck in IM3, I was initially shocked that such a thing would happen after Iron Man had skillfully saved all of those airline passengers. Then when it was revealed that Stark wasn't even in the suit, you realize that this is the perfect jumping to Ultron point. He proved that he could make suits fly and act on their own without anything more than a few directives, and his Jarvis seems to be an exceptional example of AI, so I think you guys are onto something.
  • I absolutely believe they'll make him chalk-white - remember, Paul Bettany played the murderous albino monk in The DaVinci Code, and he was pretty dang freaky looking in the role.
  • Here's a little more...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=94180
    "It has a helmet akin to the Iron Man armor, but it’s designed more like a face than a smooth Stark helmet. The iconic yellow and green are present in the design, but it’s more metallic shades than bright ‘comic book colors.’ They said it reminds them somewhat of the T-100 from Terminator 2 but it’s not as shiny. The yellow metal “liquid” bits seem to light up. This may or may not happen since there are two designs for that section. One lights up the other doesn’t. That’s the only difference. The cape is present, but they say it appears to only “pop out” when in flight mode. The cape sports some similar shades of yellow as the body. The “neck pieces” are the same yellow but they seem to shift positions from “standing” (for lack of a better word) to “flight mode
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Whirlwind said:

I absolutely believe they'll make him chalk-white - remember, Paul Bettany played the murderous albino monk in The DaVinci Code, and he was pretty dang freaky looking in the role.

But, I don't want the Vision to be chalk white.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    Give it me.

All of it.
  • chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    Seeing as I didn't even know the Vision was going to be in this movie, this is all a very pleasant surprise. Casting Bettany, who seems perfect for the role, is even better.

I don't normally hope for films to be longer (if anything, I think most films today are longer than they need to be), but I hope they allow time for all these characters and plots to work.
  • Here's some fun/insightful speculation on where things may be going with Age of Ultron:

http://www.newsarama.com/18819-crazy-theory-theater-the-avengers-sequel-ultron-and-the-vision.html
  • This blurb form Comic Book Resources links to 2 articles on the Avengers 2 movie. One discussed the Scarlet Witch's uniform, and the other talks about an expanded role for the Black Widow.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50876
    AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

Superhero Movie News has posted quotes from the latest issue of Total Film Magazine, which contains an interview with "Avengers: Age of Ultron" cast member Elizabeth Olsen -- and the actress discussed the current look of the Scarlet Witch in the anticipated sequel.

"We’ve done some costume

stuff, yeah!" Olsen told Total Film. "My favorite piece is my secrecy cloak that prevents anyone from seeing what I’m wearing. There’s a hood, and a robe -- it protects the image! I don’t think Joss ever would have hired me, honestly, if he wanted me to wear those outfits; I am not a professional athlete and nor am I a model. Wearing those costumes wouldn’t be fun for anyone who wasn’t those things. He already had a different idea. It respects and involves the comic-book character but it’s different, more rooted. It’s for someone today. … Well, if someone walked around wearing what she wore in the comics, people would stop and say, ‘What the hell… she thinks she’s a superhero!’"

Meanwhile, Comic Book Movie has posted quotes from the same Total Film issue, this time by Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige about Black Widow's expanded role in "Age of Ultron" and the landscape of the MCU.

"We start filming the next Avengers film at the end of March," Feige told Total Film. "[Black] Widow's part in that is very big. We learn more about her past and learn more about where she came from and how she became in that film. The notion of exploring that even further in her own film would be great, and we have some development work with that."

"We start filming the next Avengers film at the end of March," Feige told Total Film. "[Black] Widow's part in that is very big. We learn more about her past and learn more about where she came from and how she became in that film. The notion of exploring that even further in her own film would be great, and we have some development work with that."

Sweet.

Black Widow is the first role I've ever liked ScarJo in. And I really like her in the role.
    WetRats said:

Sweet.

Black Widow is the first role I've ever liked ScarJo in. And I really like her in the role.

Acting or looking? I can stare at ScarJo all day.

M
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited February 2014
    She has great "talents & abilities."
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Sweet.

Acting or looking? I can stare at ScarJo all day.

M

There's tons of physically attractive actresses out there.

All the characters I'd seen her play before were so passive that I didn't find her interesting. As those dull characters, she just seemed like another Hollywood actress out of the vat, and I didn't understand the reason for all the hype.

A couple of smart, intelligent scripts, and now my whole perception of her has changed.

Her performance anchors The Avengers. She's the one baseline human encountering all the craziness throughout the film. Especially her interactions with Banner & The Other Guy.

And yes, she's very nice looking and wears the catsuit well.
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I've been enamored with Scarjo since Lost In Translation, happy to see them telling Black Widow's backstory. Hopefully this means Hawkeye will get the same treatment later.

• I find myself looking more and more forward to the Scarlet Witch in this movie, for several reasons: Besides the fact that a red-obsessed witch with a Romany background should be visually interesting on screen, she and Pietro have an interesting dynamic, the addition of another major female superhero will hopefully make Black Widow seem like less of a token, she's a polarizing figure with massive influence in the Marvel universe, and I have a soft spot for anyone who was in the first comic book I ever bought, in which she treats Erik Josten to a face full of sewer water. Ka-sploosh!
  • Despite rampant media speculation, no, I had nothing to do with this:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/PastoSitting/news/?a=95456

AVENGERS Star Scarlett Johansson Is Pregnant
    Why am I telling you this? Well, with Avengers: Age of Ultron gearing up to film at the end of this month, Johansson (who will play Black Widow) will likely be showing her baby bump as production proceeds. Will this affect her role in the movie?

Despite rampant media speculation, no, I had nothing to do with this:

Why am I telling you this? Well, with Avengers: Age of Ultron gearing up to film at the end of this month, Johansson (who will play Black Widow) will likely be showing her baby bump as production proceeds. Will this affect her role in the movie?

I saw a picture of her fiance...it's one of those moments when you realize you (Average Joe) had a shot!

M
    Matt said:

Despite rampant media speculation, no, I had nothing to do with this:

I saw a picture of her fiance...it's one of those moments when you realize you (Average Joe) had a shot!

M

More of a Jacques D'Average.
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited March 2014
    A couple of interesting tidbits here:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=95658

* Korean actress Kim Soo Hyun has been confirmed as appearing in the movie. As for her character? “It would be a spoiler, so we can’t tell you which character she will play. Marvel always prohibits telling too much about the story. Her character is already decided and the scene is already written so we cast Kim Soo Hyun, but we can’t let you know about her character. We only can say that her character is a substantial supporting role.”

* Elizabeth Olsen on her role as the Scarlet Witch, “she has mind-control powers and she’s one of the most bad-ass characters; It’s really cool.” (Me: *sigh*)

* The Black Widow's scenes are reportedly being “fast-tracked” as Scarlett Johannsen is due in August. And I quote this directly from the column:

Chiming in on the matter Tuesday, notorious Marvel movie scooper Elmayimbe of Latino Review took to Twitter to tease: “I wonder how Avengers: Age of Ultron will handle Black Widow being pregnant since in the script she is dating ************ :)
  • chriswchrisw Posts: 792

A couple of interesting tidbits here:
    * Elizabeth Olsen on her role as the Scarlet Witch, “she has mind-control powers and she’s one of the most bad-ass characters; It’s really cool.” (Me: *sigh*)

Honestly, as a long-time comic reader, even I'm not entirely clear on what the Scarlet Witch's powers are. As a very young kid, I always just thought she was a sorceress, then I got that she could apparently cause bad luck. I guess she can actually adjust probabilities for good or bad, but in recent years writers have used that as an excuse to give her the ability to alter reality itself.

So, I'm not surprised to see that either A) They're re-defining her powers for the films, or B) Elizabeth Olsen doesn't understand them either, so she just calls them "mind control".