Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

52! - 52 finished

124»

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    hauberk said:

Someone really ought to do a Suicide Squad podcast...

=))
  • Options
    luke52 said:

I don't know how you guys could have read this as a weekly

Honestly, I think the weekly aspect was the biggest strength of the series.

52, as published, wasn't just a series, it was an experience.

And thanks to the lucky timing that it came out at the point when CGS and this forum were in full swing, it was a shared experience.

We got to dissect each issue and speculate about what was coming, and it moved along fast enough that it never devolved into dead horse beating.

For me, the 52 experience was the highlight of the CGS Era.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    You should try Generation Lost next. Yes it skips over the 76 Green Lantern events DC published in a 3 year span, but it was pretty great (and deals with the JLI characters and Max Lord fall out).
  • Options
    Hey @David_D‌, remember black armband Puppet Buddy?
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    WetRats said:

luke52 said:

And thanks to the lucky timing that it came out at the point when CGS and this forum were in full swing, it was a shared experience.

We got to dissect each issue and speculate about what was coming, and it moved along fast enough that it never devolved into dead horse beating.

That sounds awesome. Unfortunately I haven had time to listen to the 52 podcasts as I went. But I am hoping to listen sometime in the future.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

You should try Generation Lost next. Yes it skips over the 76 Green Lantern events DC published in a 3 year span, but it was pretty great (and deals with the JLI characters and Max Lord fall out).

I must admit I have been thinking if there is another storyline I could go something like this with. Maybe something Marvel next. I'm open to suggestions, although I won't be starting anything else major until after the summer. Getting married in August so my time and money is beginning to get used up radially now!
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169
    WetRats said:

luke52 said:

I totally agree! I remember this getting me into the comic store at my earliest opportunity every Wednesday, and I would sit in the car to read it. Then, to the forums that night for discussion!

I can't think of a series since that has had me that excited.
  • Options
    Well I've read The Crime Bible, The Four Horseman and Black Adam mini series over the last few days. I must admit I didn't enjoy The Four Horseman mini. Seemed a little pointless to me and not a great deal happened.

I did really enjoy The Crime Bible and Black Adam minis though. But that is probably because they both centred on two of my favourite storylines from 52. One problem with both though is the ended very abruptly. I say they ended, but they didn't really. Even though both said 'The End' on the last page of the last issue, they both ended midway through the story. A little confusing and disappointing. My question to house guys is do these story lines continue else where? I'm enjoying these stories immensely and feel the need to continue reading.

So I think this is the real end to this reading project. Although there are a few loose ends to wrap up. Along with the potential above I've got a couple Shadowpact trades to read and am also looking to go back and get the Secret Six trades too, that's about it for this.

I must admit I've really enjoyed myself and its been fun sharing this experience on the forums. If nothing else I hope I've brought back some good thoughts of DC for you!

• Options
    luke52 said:

A little confusing and disappointing.

Pretty much sums up the post-52 DC experience.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    edited July 2014
    Did you get to Booster Gold post-52? That series was a great spiritual sequel to 52 with Rip Hunter, SuperNova, the new Multiverse, etc. It was a nice tour through the DC Universe. And if you want to continue the DC/Crisis narrative, I think you already mentioned Sinestro Corps War. It's a great read as well! I don't remember when the new Batwoman series started but that also was a nice continuation of that character. This is the era that made me a DC fan. It's been great reading this post! Thanks for sharing with us!