Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Original Sin: Guesses and Speculations

13»

Comments

• Options
    I thought one of The Watcher's eyes exploded? How many does the dude got?
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946

I thought one of The Watcher's eyes exploded? How many does the dude got?

Not in the traditional sense. It just released the secrets held witihin.
  • Options
    Gotcha. Thanks.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Well, this series finished.

Overall I thought it was well executed, if perhaps a couple of issues too long. There was an enjoyable ludicrousness to some of the status quo changes we were left with at the end.

And I liked that they were all written in such a way that should anyone wish to reverse them in the future, it can be done without insulting anyone's intelligence (unlike the changes in some of the mini-series' spin-offs).
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited September 2014
    #8 spoilers

Well, that was an interesting series. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it overall. The initial mystery was a lot of fun...and where some of the characters ended up is pretty cool. The art was great, of course. Some of those middle issues feel pointless in hindsight.

3.5/5
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Rumors - Possible Spoilers - Rumors

Another podcast I listen to said they read online that a rumor going around is that somehow Nick Fury Sr. becomes the new watcher...

That rumor turned out to be spot on.
  • Options
    Well, that whole thing turned out to be clear as mud!
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Ugh. I HATED how this played out. Poor Nick Fury (Sr. - and I hate that I even have to type that too) has been "retconned" into a ridiculous caricature of his former glory.

Don't even get me started on what happened to poor old Dum Dum. total BS.

The only interesting thing to come out of this over-hyped, ham-fisted storyline is that Winter Soldier will take Nick's place "on the wall". I'm keen to see if we will get more cosmic story lines in his new series.

Too bad Uatu had to go out this way. Really hoping that this all gets swept under the rug sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Sounds like a traditional Marvel event to me!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    fredzilla said:

Sounds like a traditional Marvel event to me!

Nah. It was weird with some weird consequences.

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm reading this now.

It seems pretty interesting. I have all the tie-ins, so we will see if they're good or not.