Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Flash

Comments

• Options
    Oo, that's good to read. Victor Garber is pretty much golden in everything he touches.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Yeah, I think it's amazing casting.
  • Options
    So even after tonight's great episode we still get the Arrow half of the crossover tomorrow? Excellent. They could have stopped there. I like putting distance between Iris and the Flash. I can see her working for a tv station and going anti-Flash now I guess. Like how they changed Eddie's direction. Making him a nemesis but not evil.
  • Options
    The episode was awesome. I love the direction that Eddie has taken. My theory is that Eddie is the Reverse Flash. Somehow, his resentment of the Flash is going to grow and somehow he's going to become the Reverse Flash. He then will somehow time-travel and that's the person who kills Barry's mom.

I also loved the call-back to an Arrow flashback where Ollie's mom bribed a woman that Ollie got pregnant to move away and stay away. I liked that she went to Central City and I'm very very curious as to the name of her son. Does anyone think it could possibly be Connor?

Anyway, I really liked this episode and I can't wait for the second part on Arrow tonight.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

The episode was awesome. I love the direction that Eddie has taken. My theory is that Eddie is the Reverse Flash. Somehow, his resentment of the Flash is going to grow and somehow he's going to become the Reverse Flash. He then will somehow time-travel and that's the person who kills Barry's mom.

I also loved the call-back to an Arrow flashback where Ollie's mom bribed a woman that Ollie got pregnant to move away and stay away. I liked that she went to Central City and I'm very very curious as to the name of her son. Does anyone think it could possibly be Connor?

Anyway, I really liked this episode and I can't wait for the second part on Arrow tonight.

I was wondering who she was! Forgot.
  • Options
    @matchkitJOHN Yeah. I believe that happened last season in Arrow to show how far Ollie's mom would go to protect her family. @Torchsong Yup. She sure did.
  • Options
    And we finally got a glimpse of Firestorm!!
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited December 2014
    I enjoyed the first part of the crossover well enough but realized I still don't care about any of the Arrow characters (sorry Felicity fans, I seriously don't get it). And I wanted to know if I'd be missing anything if I skipped Arrow, Flash-centric storywise.
  • Options
    Mark Hamill to guest star as "The Trickster" later this season:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=112101
  • Options

I enjoyed the first part of the crossover well enough but realized I still don't care about any of the Arrow characters (sorry Felicity fans, I seriously don't get it). And I wanted to know if I'd be missing anything if I skipped Arrow, Flash-centric storywise.

You missed Flash and Arrow taking on one of the Flash's oldest foes... plus some more interaction between both heroes' support teams.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Spoilers for episode 9.

Great episode best episode so far. We got Flash vs Reverse Flash awesomeness. We got to see Firestorm fly. We got to see Wells get crap kicked out of him be Reverse Flash. Barry told Iris he loves her. A pretty cool Tina McGhee cameos.

And we get an awesome nod to the Flash Ring that holds his costume but instead of containing it it just unlocked it.

And where totally going to see Barry go back in time to try and save his mom.

And Wells is the Reverse Flash? Or is a Reverse Flash? Because maybe there are already multiple ones? I kinda getting a Biff from Back To The Future vibe from this.

• Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    My head pretty much exploded at that episode. So. Much. Comic. Goodness.
  • Options
    The episode was awesome. Watching Flash vs The Reverse Flash was really quite cool. I loved seeing Ronnie Raymond as Firestorm and I am very curious to see more of him and his progression. Also, the flying was very cool. I loved that Barry finally told Iris and I'm looking forward to seeing the triangle get complicated. I loved the interaction between Joe and Barry and the ending? GEEZ! I saw it coming but I wasn't prepared for it to happen. I'm also a bit confused as to whether or not it was Wells in the yellow costume who beat himself up or if it was someone else. This show is probably my favorite show on television right now. This was awesome. Loved it.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I'm also a bit confused as to whether or not it was Wells in the yellow costume who beat himself up or if it was someone else.

Me too. I want to know the answer now, but I have a feeling that a straight answer won't even come at the beginning of the next half-season, but probably the end of that. How far away is it?... January 20th.
  • Options
    I think so. I mean, yeah. We see the Flash ring that Wells has and it unlocks the Reverse Flash costume. We hear him use the voice that the Reverse Flash had but is it as simple as that? I'm not sure and I'm curious to see what happens.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    edited December 2014

jaydee74 said:

I'm also a bit confused as to whether or not it was Wells in the yellow costume who beat himself up or if it was someone else.

Me too. I want to know the answer now, but I have a feeling that a straight answer won't even come at the beginning of the next half-season, but probably the end of that. How far away is it?... January 20th.
    Yep! By the end of the season I expect to see Flash Barry travel back in time to either save Young Barry or his mother... and we saw how Young Barry ended up a few blocks away in the middle of the street. As the Reverse Flash said, it's her destiny to die. At least that's my prediction.
  • Options
    Yup. I agree that it will be Barry who saves himself from the Reverse Flash.
  • Options
    Excellent mid-season finale. I'm really enjoying this show thus far. It hits just the right note in my opinion as to what a "superhero / comic book" TV show should be like.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Still don't think Wells is the Reverse-Flash. I'm still convinced that's a Thawne in the suit. Note the pause when he's face to face with Edward. (Hi Gramps!)

This doesn't mean Wells isn't pure evil, but he's playing a bigger game. Reverse Flash exists to force Barry to become better...but better for what?
  • Options
    I agree. I think all this stuff with Wells is a red herring, a distraction.
  • Options
    One of the key moments in the season thus far seems to be when Wells murdered Simon Stagg. Why was this act necessary? I think it would be difficult for the writers to justify this move in the long run.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    edited December 2014
    Torchsong said:

Still don't think Wells is the Reverse-Flash. I'm still convinced that's a Thawne in the suit. Note the pause when he's face to face with Edward. (Hi Gramps!)

This doesn't mean Wells isn't pure evil, but he's playing a bigger game. Reverse Flash exists to force Barry to become better...but better for what?

It's because of this that I like Metron, which CageNarleigh said before...

Alright FINALLY other people get to see it.

Long ago (July) I posted my review of it online HERE. But I want to get something out here NOW so I can officially say I called it when it actually happens.

Theory: Dr. Harrison Wells = Metron.

random73 said:

Wow, Wells got seriously villanous quick. okay Reverse Flash is looking more plausible to me now.

I still don't think he's Reverse Flash. Does Metron seem more unlikely now? Definitely, but Metron COULD be capable of villainous intent. Even if my guess of him being Metron is COMPLETELY off base (it's a stretch to begin with) I REALLY think and hope they don't make him Reverse Flash. I feel like that is just WAY too obvious and I'll be a little let down if they DO make him that.
    Reverse Flash doesn't kill Eddie Thawne because he's a relative and thus it "could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy."
  • Options
    I think they're going Zoom with Wells, and Reverse Flash with Eddie.

Is that what I want? Not in the freakin SLIGHTEST. I was SOOO pissed when I saw the final scene of the latest episode. There's still a slim chance of a red herring, and I REFUSE to give up on my theory until it's confirmed 100%.

Do I want to be right? Sure, Metron would be AWESOME. But mostly? I just DON'T want him to be Reverse Flash OR Professor Zoom. It's just TOO obvious and I don't want it to be obvious.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    When time travel is in then anything is possible. I think more than likely we could get 2 to 3 RF lol. I definitely think the one that beat up Wells is a future Eddie. And I think we can already start seeing why current Eddie would want to eventually destroy Barry.

And Wells is more difficult is he from the Future? Or just somehow got access to knowing the Future? And is he just building the RF suite that Eddie will eventually wear? Or is it for himself? Or maybe it will be both?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    So, this was kinda funny. On this week's episode of "New Girl," Jess (Zooey Deschanel) is waiting at the airport bar for her flight and she ends up sitting next to a guy she thinks may be Santa Claus. Long story, short ... he turns out to be a perv who invites her into the bathroom so "she can sit on his lap and check out his North Pole," and then at the end, he steals all her presents from her. In a moment Flash fans will love, she refers to him as "the Reverse Santa" ...