Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Flash

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Oh yeah that's firstorm all day long. To be played by Stephen Amell's brother.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Robbie Amell was cast as Ronnie Raymond back in July.
  • Options
    Brack said:

Robbie Amell was cast as Ronnie Raymond back in July.

What he said
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I tried to look and see if it was mentioned in the thread, but didn't see anything. Guess I didn't go back far enough. Not knowing someone was cast as Ronnie, and hearing his name mentioned was a great surprise nonetheless!
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Yep, Robbie Amell (cousin of Stephen Amell) as Ronnie Raymond and Victor Garber as Prof. Stein.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Wait. What? Victor Garber as Professor Stein? Is that confirmed? I would be so happy about that. This show is probably my favorite show on right now. I am loving what they are doing with the characters and just everything. It's just great.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

Wait. What? Victor Garber as Professor Stein? Is that confirmed? I would be so happy about that. This show is probably my favorite show on right now. I am loving what they are doing with the characters and just everything. It's just great.

Yep. Confirmed. Here's one article from E! Online
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Wow this show is so good. And Felicity next week too?
  • Options
    Damn this show is good. I love that Barry vibrated his face to obscure his identity. That was total comicy goodness.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    kgforce said:

jaydee74 said:

Yep. Confirmed. Here's one article from E! Online
    YES!

I am loving this show so much. Every episode has me so much more excited for the next one.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I'm liking but not loving this show. Barry needs more personality. I wanna say i enjoyed him more in the arrow. He and the show Needs to be a tad lighter / more humor?. Just a little at least. Need to explore his abilities beyond just running (I know... It'll happen). I actually see the guy dating iris as a pretty perfect live action Barry Allen. So far the show is just way too similar to smallville. Maybe I've just been a fan too long and have watched too much comic related stuff but I feel like I've just seen it all before? Still, only 3? Episodes in I'm not groaning like I have with arrow or am wirh Gotham. Just wish it was a little more... something.
  • Options
    It's interesting. I could see the guy who plays Eddie as a good Barry Allen. Actually, the guy who plays Barry would actually make a pretty good Peter Parker.
  • Options
    random73 said:

Damn this show is good. I love that Barry vibrated his face to obscure his identity. That was total comicy goodness.

Loved that! And I got a kick out of the movie marquee at the beginning -- name dropping Blue Devil and Rita Farr (Elasti-Girl). Nice touch.
  • Options
    Am I the only one just WAITING for Barry to plummet from an immense height to see if they do the whole "Barry 'flies' by moving his arms" thing? (or maybe not flying but slowing his descent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erbrmBddF38
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Makes sense for Ronnie to be Firestorm. Caitlin's probably going to become Killer Frost at some point.
  • Options
    Caitlin and Cisco almost HAVE to become their alter ego counterparts. The question is, were they affected by the explosion or will they get their powers somehow else?
  • Options
    I would imagine they get their powers some other way. Considering it seems that Ronnie "dies" in order to protect everyone else, I would imagine they weren't affected. At least not yet.
  • Options
    batlaw said:

I'm liking but not loving this show. Barry needs more personality. I wanna say i enjoyed him more in the arrow. He and the show Needs to be a tad lighter / more humor?. Just a little at least. Need to explore his abilities beyond just running (I know... It'll happen). I actually see the guy dating iris as a pretty perfect live action Barry Allen. So far the show is just way too similar to smallville. Maybe I've just been a fan too long and have watched too much comic related stuff but I feel like I've just seen it all before? Still, only 3? Episodes in I'm not groaning like I have with arrow or am wirh Gotham. Just wish it was a little more... something.

I think your concern might be solved next week! Or maybe "temporarily alleviated".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPnfb6VJiFg
  • Options

batlaw said:

I think your concern might be solved next week! Or maybe "temporarily alleviated".

Somebody help me out... Around the 7 second mark Felicity says "My team has a similar setup but with more ......" I can't understand the last part of the sentence.

• Options
    kgforce said:

batlaw said:

Somebody help me out... Around the 7 second mark Felicity says "My team has a similar setup but with more ......" I can't understand the last part of the sentence.

"My team has a similar setup but with more pointy objects."
  • Options

kgforce said:

batlaw said:

"My team has a similar setup but with more pointy objects."
    Aha! Thanks!
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    On a similar note: I still can decipher all the words in the CGS theme. What's that line that sounds like "la bamba?"
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited October 2014
    "Go and turn the volume up"
  • Options
    I am loving this show. I can't wait for Felicity and Captain Cold on the same episode. It feels like it should be their "Very Special Episode" or something.
  • Options
    According to Variety: ‘The Flash’ Premiere Stands as Most-Watched CW Telecast Ever

In a blur, “The Flash” premiere has become the CW’s most-watched telecast ever.

“The Flash” had already looked very impressive in the same-night numbers, with its Oct. 7 premiere drawing the best ratings for a debut on the network in the five years since “The Vampire Diaries,” and drawing more young adults than any program that night on ABC (including “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD”) or Fox.

And Nielsen now estimates that an average audience of 6.8 million watched “The Flash” in Live+7 numbers (full week’s worth of DVR playback), adding 1.96 million viewers (about 40%) to its same-night total of 4.84 million.

It’s the largest audience ever for any telecast on CW since its launch in 2006, breaking the previous record held by a season finale of “America’s Next Top Model” in 2007 (6.69 million). “The Flash” also logged the highest-rated premiere ever for the network in men 18-34 (2.5 rating).

Across all platforms, including initiated streams on digital platforms and total unduplicated viewers on-air over two airings the week of Oct. 7, the premiere was seen more than 13 million times.

• Options
    Should we create a new thread for "Krypton"?
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    This latest capt cold ep was pretty good. That Felicity actor/character just seems to make everything better.
  • Options
    Chills ran up my spine when he lifted his hood over his head... no pun intended. :P
  • Options
    This show was just absolutely awesome. I loved the little comment about Leonard's name being even worse than Bartholomew which I took as little in-joke thing about Bart Allen. I also loved the ending of this with the little end scene. Seems like we're getting our Rogues. I'm super excited for this show and it's probably my favorite show on television right now. It's just comic book goodness.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    I really enjoyed this one & it will be good to see Wentworth Miller teamed up with Dominic Purcell again.

I know everyone loves the Felicity character but isn't she just another version of Chloe from Smallville?