Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Best Marvel for New Readers?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    I finally broke down and got Marvel Digital. Holy cow I almost feel overwhelmed, there are alot of comics to read. I'm reading Spiderman Brand New Day; I've been wanting to read the Dan Slott Spiderman for years.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited December 2014
    mwhitt80 said:

I finally broke down and got Marvel Digital. Holy cow I almost feel overwhelmed, there are alot of comics to read. I'm reading Spiderman Brand New Day; I've been wanting to read the Dan Slott Spiderman for years.

It can be a hell of a rabbit hole to go down (and enjoy-- except for me I am usually choosing it late at night over sleep).
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

I absolutely love it. There are so many stories I've missed out because I just couldn't afford them. You gotta be picky at these prices. So, for many years, Vertigo titles took priority over Marvel in the budget. But for 70 bucks a year you can read nearly everything from the last 15 years and a bunch of stuff before that. I think my wife is politely disgusted at the amount of comics I've read this year alone.

http://www.exploringmarvelu.com
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    It is ridiculous. There is 1 tweak i would like the app to have. These could be there already, and I haven't figured it out yet:

I would love to be able to sort issues by storyline, I want to read Spiderman for the last 4-5 years. I'd like to click on a Brand New Day link and add those issues to my online reading cue with one button push. I know there is the event tab, but I want a little more specialized way to read storylines.

I do really like the ability to add up 12 issues to read offline; that is really nice. I also love the giant rabbit hole of content (Mutant Massacre reread here I come). I'm really pleased with it so far.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    More cross-referencing and being able to sort items the way you like or some sort of reading order would be ideal.
  • Options
    I just want to be able to read single pages in landscape mode. It would make reading on my phone so much easier as I do not like guided view style reading for books that weren't designed for it. I enjoy maintaining the composition of the page.