Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Received all six trades of Locke & Key as a gift.

I'd only heard good things from people and boy were they right. Easily one of the best stories I've ever read.

• Options
    DAR said:

Better Call Saul, I'm on board

Same.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited February 2015
    shroud68 said:
    So did I.

I had no idea this was being done as a period piece.

My interest went from zero to 100% in two minutes 19 seconds.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    WetRats said:

Poncho!

Cisco!
  • Options
    WetRats said:

shroud68 said:
    So did I.

I had no idea this was being done as a period piece.

My interest went from zero to 100% in two minutes 19 seconds.

I saw this trailer and thought for the first time, wow this guy would make a really great Superman.

Actually my interest went from 0 to 100% in 2 minutes and 17 seconds, then was cut down to 50 when I saw that Guy Ritchie wrote and directed. Still interested but more than a little worried it will be all flash, no fire.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    The latest 30 for 30 Of Miracles and Men about the Miracle on Ice from the Soviet point of view, outstanding
  • Options
    I agree @DAR. It was phenomenal. The Soviet hockey program was so amazing. It's unbelievable to think that within 25 years or so of its creation, they were arguably the greatest team in the world.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617
    Quick question I was going through some boxes of old stuff nd found an old hawks pennant and a braves 1991world series pennant and braves world chmpion pennant. Is there a way to put them on my wall without using pins; I don't want to put anymore holes in the wall.
  • Options
    Double sided tape?
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Has anyone started using scribd since they added comics? If so, is it any good?
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    mwhitt80 said:

Quick question I was going through some boxes of old stuff nd found an old hawks pennant and a braves 1991world series pennant and braves world chmpion pennant. Is there a way to put them on my wall without using pins; I don't want to put anymore holes in the wall.

If these things have sentimental value to you, and you can afford the cost, I would take them to a framer and have them put under glass.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    The SNL 40 special was a bit disappointing. I thought it would be more clips though always welcome to see Celebrity Jeopardy. But the Californians sketch was mind numbingly awful. And Kanye West's performance just turned me into old man shaking my fist with kids and their music
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    DAR said:

The SNL 40 special was a bit disappointing. I thought it would be more clips though always welcome to see Celebrity Jeopardy. But the Californians sketch was mind numbingly awful. And Kanye West's performance just turned me into old man shaking my fist with kids and their music

I think it was representative of what SNL was/is : inconsistent. SNL is at times great, at times unwatchable. Last night was no exception.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    shroud68 said:

DAR said:

I think it was representative of what SNL was/is : inconsistent. SNL is at times great, at times unwatchable. Last night was no exception.
    There have been a lot of times over the years when the show was nigh-unwatchable and featured moments strongly lacking in talent and entertainment value. Ultimately, it seems appropriate to have had Kanye there to celebrate that part of the history of the show.
  • Options
    Bill Murray and Paul Shaffer doing the lounge act was worth the price of admission.

Likewise the Three Amigas at the Weekend Update desk.

And I loved seeing Aykroyd doing Bass-O-Matic again.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    DAR said:

I liked the musical opening, as well as Celebrity Jeopardy. But I had to mute Kanye.

And I say that as a DJ who's played his music in the past. I'm no stranger and there's a few songs I like. But what he did on SNL was painful.

"Artist" my ass.
  • Options
    I have the first five seasons on DVD, and for the most part, that is all I really want. The show went from dangerous and subversive to silly comedy show after Michael O'Donoghue left, and while it's been entertaining at times since, it never captured that danger ever again.

Besides, I'm tired of shows that have the same music acts...hasn't Kanye been on TV every week for the past three months or so? It was four hours I spent on other things. Sorry to be a hater, but when I saw what they were doing and lost all interest.

Here's Eddie Murphy!: "Hi, my limo is double parked and still running, so thanks, goodbye!"
  • Options
    @SolitaireRose, while I agree that the first few seasons were by far the best, and I sorely miss the days when SNL exposed upcoming musical acts to the country, rather than booked the biggest names they could, there still have been some great periods in the last 35 years.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

@SolitaireRose, while I agree that the first few seasons were by far the best, and I sorely miss the days when SNL exposed upcoming musical acts to the country, rather than booked the biggest names they could, there still have been some great periods in the last 35 years.

I'm not saying they haven't been ::funny::, but that level of danger is long gone. It's now the Carol Burnette show, which is perfectly fine for what it is.
  • Options

WetRats said:

I'm not saying they haven't been ::funny::, but that level of danger is long gone. It's now the Carol Burnette show, which is perfectly fine for what it is.
    That's fair.
  • Options
    I swear, every other question on Trivia Crack is either about Frozen, Harry Potter, Abe Lincoln, D-Day, Pearl Harbor, or Renaissance artists who share the same name as members of TMNT.
  • Options

I swear, every other question on Trivia Crack is either about Frozen, Harry Potter, Abe Lincoln, D-Day, Pearl Harbor, or Renaissance artists who share the same name as members of TMNT.

My problem with that game is that all of the questions are player submitted...so the types of questions are narrowing as the game is played by more people between 16 - 22.
  • Options
    Yup. Also, part of the problem with submitting questions is if people don't know the answer, they vote it down. Huh? What? Just skip over it! I've submitted about 100 questions, with about 75% of them being history/art/geography (as those are the areas they say need more) and I've had *zero* get approved.
  • Options
    Wait... this show is still on!?
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    mwhitt80 said:

braves 1991world series pennant

Can you use this pin?

• Options
    edited February 2015
    No thanks. Somewhere in my stuff I have my ticket and program for the pirates series that proceeded that world series. Man that was a crazy time, hopefully the Hawks will get to the NBA finals this year and atlanta will catch the fever again.

Ps - The twins suck and are a bunch of cheats. I stand by 11 year old Matt's opinion on that team.
  • Options
    Also I stand by belief that the only legit arguement one can use against Barry Bonds HOF campaign is that he couldn't throw Sid "the Speedster" Bream out at home.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

No thanks. Somewhere in my stuff I have my ticket and program for the pirates series that proceeded that world series. Man that was a crazy time, hopefully the Hawks will get to the NBA finals this year and atlanta will catch the fever again.

Ps - The twins suck and are a bunch of cheats. I stand by 11 year old Matt's opinion on that team.

That may well be, but we made a hell of a lot of money selling their stuff for the next two years at the comic shops I worked at. And I didn't watch any of the game.