Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I'm sure people here are familiar with it but I ran across the site Mike's Amazing World of Comics. It's pretty much put me in a time suck for most of the day
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    DAR said:

It's interesting but I've been looking at different Batman artists and the one whose work I appreciate the the most is Jim Aparo

:x :x :x

Aparo is *my* Batman artist. He was the guy who brought me into the Bat-fold.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Torchsong said:

DAR said:

It's interesting but I've been looking at different Batman artists and the one whose work I appreciate the the most is Jim Aparo

Mine, too.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

DAR said:

Same here.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Neal Adams for me.
  • Options
    David_D said:

Tonebone said:

fredzilla said:

Actually, I looked it up and there were a couple that won "lesser" awards (sound editing, vfx, etc.). Great film and up against some great competition: How to Train Your Dragon 2, Boxtrolls, Song of the Sea, and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya.

The Boxtrolls is the worst, most unwatchable movie I have ever seen. And I've seen Batman Returns.
    From a story and character point of view, I completely agree. I thought the actual craft and animation in Boxtrolls was remarkable. Unfortunately it was in service of a really lame story.
    Agree, totally.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    So Chris Borland linebacker for the 49ers decided to retire because he was worried about the long term effects it could have on his life. It's pretty amazing the amount of Internet tough guys that would call him soft. I'm guessing they've never strapped on a helmet
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    DAR said:

So Chris Borland linebacker for the 49ers decided to retire because he was worried about the long term effects it could have on his life. It's pretty amazing the amount of Internet tough guys that would call him soft. I'm guessing they've never strapped on a helmet

Very well said!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Spiderverse is the final straw. Goodbye ASM, catch you later.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited March 2015
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Spiderverse is the final straw. Goodbye ASM, catch you later.

You waited that long? I checked out with Spider-Island. I bought until 700 and it's only because I knew I'd have a round number to end my run.
  • Options
    I skipped Spider-Island because the story sounded stupid. It might have been great, I don't know. I loved the Superior Spider-Man arc and its initial fall out. Then this came along and it looked like Spider-Island all over again. Olivier Coipel is my favorite artist so I kept buying..sorry I did. I'm a big fan of the idea of a multiverse in comics but this was just bad. On top of that this type of story isn't what I want to see in a Spider-Man book.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    I never even got that far, having dropped the book after JMS' departure and the One Last Day fiasco. I might have come back -- maybe -- but the book went nearly weekly, and my wallet just couldn't support that. And then I filled in the void with other titles.
  • Options
    I run an NCAA pool with 300+ people. Just couldn't pull the trigger on Kentucky.

Wisconsin over Duke.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

I run an NCAA pool with 300+ people. Just couldn't pull the trigger on Kentucky.

Wisconsin over Duke.

Kentucky won the SEC. That puts favorable odds on us not winning the NCAA. Had we lost the SEC, there'd be no stopping us. None.

I'd like to see it happen (as my blood bleeds UK blue) but you're probably okay not picking them.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    WetRats said:
    I was only going to check this out for a few minutes and I ended up watching the whole thing. Great stuff.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    Looks like Neil Gaiman is going to be a daddy... again.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    Getting ready for the eclipse tomorrow, 85% coverage round these parts.
  • Options
    I'm afraid the eclipse won't be visible in California. Hopefully, those of you who are able to see it will have clear skies.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Marathon said:

Getting ready for the eclipse tomorrow, 85% coverage round these parts.

Think it's meant to be cloudy in the morning down here in Portsmouth. I've got my fingers crossed for clear skies though!
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    I clearly need to start pounding the pavement for my YouTube shows a little more and start guesting on some podcasts...
    @SolitaireRose Solitaire Rose Radio?
    @Fade2Black Wanderers in the 4th Dimension?
    @i_am_scifi Comic Timing?
    @Corwin Earth's Mightiest Podcast?

Is anyone there? Am I dead? Or Merely on Television?
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    @RedRight88 Sure, man! Got any specific topics you wanna discuss? We can make that happen.
  • Options
    @i_am_scifi Well, I could say the obvious and talk about any of the upcoming movies (or review if they were already out) or maybe the difficulties in trying to do a YouTube series about comics.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I clearly need to start pounding the pavement for my YouTube shows a little more and start guesting on some podcasts...

RedRight88 (et al.) we welcome guest reviewers. Previous guest podcasters include Jess Hall (Infinite Longbox podcast), Toby Sidler (The Comic Conspiracy podcast), and Justin Haywald (The Geekbox podcast). However, one need not be a podcaster to do a guest a stint on the the show. Recording sessions are usually conducted on Friday nights. Sometimes those recordings run past the midnight hour. We record over Skype, and use Google Drive/Docs to outline our discussion before hitting the record button. Each track is recorded via Audacity and a backup recording of all the audio tracks is done via Pamela. We reside on the West Coast (California Bay area), so our late night sessions sometimes can be a potential issue for some. On the last Friday of the month, we often attend a Doctor Who fans meetup at the local IHOP. On the weeks we attend the fan meetup, we usually conduct our recordings the following Saturday afternoon (a good thing to keep in mind if the West Coast time zone is an issue). We record several weeks in advance for we like to have 4 to 5 episodes in the can at all times. We watched the first Jon Pertwee story arc this week as well as a bonus Avengers episode that guest starred Pertwee. If there are any upcoming Pertwee story arcs you'd like to discuss with us, I suggest you shoot us a PM on our Facebook page and we'll go from there.
  • Options

RedRight88 (et al.) we welcome guest reviewers. Previous guest podcasters include Jess Hall (Infinite Longbox podcast), Toby Sidler (The Comic Conspiracy podcast), and Justin Haywald (The Geekbox podcast). However, one need not be a podcaster to do a guest a stint on the the show. Recording sessions are usually conducted on Friday nights. Sometimes those recordings run past the midnight hour. We record over Skype, and use Google Drive/Docs to outline our discussion before hitting the record button. Each track is recorded via Audacity and a backup recording of all the audio tracks is done via Pamela. We reside on the West Coast (California Bay area), so our late night sessions sometimes can be a potential issue for some. On the last Friday of the month, we often attend a Doctor Who fans meetup at the local IHOP. On the weeks we attend the fan meetup, we usually conduct our recordings the following Saturday afternoon (a good thing to keep in mind if the West Coast time zone is an issue). We record several weeks in advance for we like to have 4 to 5 episodes in the can at all times. We watched the first Jon Pertwee story arc this week as well as a bonus Avengers episode that guest starred Pertwee. If there are any upcoming Pertwee story arcs you'd like to discuss with us, I suggest you shoot us a PM on our Facebook page and we'll go from there.
    1. I live in North Dakota
    2. I'm not on Facebook.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

1. I live in North Dakota
    2. I'm not on Facebook.

Well, if you don't mind doing a Friday night recording that could potentially last until 3AM your time that's one option. Alternatively, you could plan on joining us for one of our once-a-month Saturday sessions (about 4PM - 7PM your time). My co-host, David, usually handles the guest scheduling. We conduct much of our correspondences via FB, but you can also contact us at: podcast@wanderin4d.com

~Trevor
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    My wife set up a gofundme.com page for our son Logan. Please check it out. :)

EDIT: First, to those who have donated..THANK YOU!! Also, please do us a favor and share this through your Facebook, Twitter, etc. Even if you are unable to give at this time we could really use help getting the word out there, thanks!

dm2.gofund.me/pi7pdo
    Logan Tichy is an 8 year old super hero. He is the happiest, sweetest, most smiley boy ever! Logan has severe spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy (no ability to purposely move his arms or legs.) He is unable to walk, talk, roll over, sit up alone, and is partially blind. He has seizures, respiratory tract issues, and many other medical complications.

Logan's favorite pastime is going for walks in his wheelchair when it's nice outside :) Logan would LOVE to have the ability to go for a bike ride with his twin brother (Luke), and big sister (Sydney.) This is the only bike he will ever need and it would add so much more quality to his life.

If we order by June, the bike is $1,000 off!! This bike would surely be a lifelong blessing for Logan!!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping this dream come true!! :)
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    My wife told me two jokes I enjoyed.

Shrordinger's cat walked into a bar... or maybe it didn't.

How many surrealists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    Fish!
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Schrodinger’s cat gets run over by a car, and he rushes it to the veterinarian. After two hours of pacing and hand-wringing, the vet comes out and says to him, “I have some good news, and some bad news.”