Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Secret Wars #2 of 8 (Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    spid said:

I know why Marvel choose these universe to explore, but I am curious why Doom would choose these worlds to use to craft his Battleworld. Or is Hickman dipping back to Secret Wars again by giving Doom the fatal flaw exposed in the original series. No matter perfect a world he creates a way to trip himself up.

I was thinking that myself. How would Doom even be aware of some of these worlds?
    Can't see Doom having any inkling about WeirdWorld.
    Not that I care, I'm glad some of these D-listers are included.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    DCBS box arrived today. I can't wait to get home so I can read the issues(and this thread!).
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    Hex said:

spid said:

I know why Marvel choose these universe to explore, but I am curious why Doom would choose these worlds to use to craft his Battleworld. Or is Hickman dipping back to Secret Wars again by giving Doom the fatal flaw exposed in the original series. No matter perfect a world he creates a way to trip himself up.

I was thinking that myself. How would Doom even be aware of some of these worlds?
    Doom knows because he is Doom.
  • Options
    popestu said:

Hex said:

spid said:

Also because New Avengers #33 revealed Doom has been visiting alternate universes for years.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    luke52 said:

I'm getting worried about Secret Wars. Not the content mind you, I'm loving the series and the mini's I'm reading are all pretty good too.

I'm worried about the release schedule. I'm hearing #4 has dropped two weeks and #5 has dropped 6 weeks. Because of this a lot of the tie ins have also dropped due the content within.

I really hope they pull this together and keep up a regular release schedule.

I just saw this. Which explains the push of dates. That's a bit of scheduling nightmare.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/31/secret-wars-4-slips-two-weeks-takes-other-crossover-series-with-it/
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Well, if it and the tie-ins end up late, then that's a bummer.

But, judging from the first two issues? Worth the wait. More important to me that it is great than it is punctual.
  • Options

popestu said:

Hex said:

spid said:

Also because New Avengers #33 revealed Doom has been visiting alternate universes for years.
    Doom needs not "also" statements.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    popestu said:

nice... one of my favourite issues of all time.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
  • Options
    Hex said:

popestu said:

nice... one of my favourite issues of all time.
    Mine, too...mine, too
  • Options
    RepoMan said:

Giving this one more issues just because the cover is so good.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/secret-wars-3-marvel-comics-2015

I like the Doom and Sue cover...not enough to pay 10.00

Its a good issue . I am very happy with the series so far
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Hickman is my favorite comic writer. I've been reading his Marvel work since day one and boy is Secret Wars a pay off. I'm sure you can enjoy it without having read his past books but you are missing out. The guy is a freaking genius. I can't help feeling a little down knowing Secret Wars is the last thing he'll be writing for Marvel for a long while. His take on the MU has been a mind bending blast. Thankfully his Image books are amazing as well.

I didn't catch the ASoIaF(Game of Thrones for you TV noobs) influence until they got to The SHIELD. If only the "Thor Corps" wore black.

I'm trying to remember but was Molecule Man with Doom and Strange when they faced The Beyonders in the Avengers book? Might go a long way into explaining how Doom was able to accomplish his world building.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    So, I see "Secret Wars" #3 stars the Professor from Gilligan's Island as Reed Richards, Beverly D'Angelo as Sue (or maybe Carol Danvers?), Ray Liotta as Namor, and Raymond Massey as Maximus.

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited June 2015

... and Raymond Massey as Maximus.

Actually, I think that's Jim Carrey... although @WetRats would argue for Christopher Lloyd

Previously mentioned here: http://thecomicforums.com/discussion/comment/79191/#Comment_79191

• Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Hickman is my favorite comic writer. I've been reading his Marvel work since day one and boy is Secret Wars a pay off. I'm sure you can enjoy it without having read his past books but you are missing out. The guy is a freaking genius. I can't help feeling a little down knowing Secret Wars is the last thing he'll be writing for Marvel for a long while. His take on the MU has been a mind bending blast. Thankfully his Image books are amazing as well.

I didn't catch the ASoIaF(Game of Thrones for you TV noobs) influence until they got to The SHIELD. If only the "Thor Corps" wore black.

I'm trying to remember but was Molecule Man with Doom and Strange when they faced The Beyonders in the Avengers book? Might go a long way into explaining how Doom was able to accomplish his world building.

I stumbled onto Hickman with his 1st SHIELD series. Love it!

Since then, I look for his work regularly and as budget allows.

And yes, Molecule Man was with Doom and Strange at the end.
  • Options
    BondoBondo Posts: 57
    Dear mister Hickman, I read this issue today and you can have my cash monies forever.
    SO.
    GOOD.
  • Options

... and Raymond Massey as Maximus.

Actually, I think that's Jim Carrey... although @WetRats would argue for Christopher Lloyd

Previously mentioned here: http://thecomicforums.com/discussion/comment/79191/#Comment_79191

I think he looks like Christopher Lloyd

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    luke52 said:

I'm getting worried about Secret Wars. Not the content mind you, I'm loving the series and the mini's I'm reading are all pretty good too.

I'm worried about the release schedule. I'm hearing #4 has dropped two weeks and #5 has dropped 6 weeks. Because of this a lot of the tie ins have also dropped due the content within.

I really hope they pull this together and keep up a regular release schedule.

Secret Wars 6, 7 & 8 have all been pushed back again. What a disappointment. Loving the series, but has felt a bit disjointed due to the gap between issues.

Come on Marvel, you can do better!!