Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Or is it a dream after being knocked unconscious?!

M
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    y is superman so mean??????????
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Matt said:

M

Are you 'calling it now' @Matt?
  • Options

Matt said:

M

Are you 'calling it now' @Matt?
    Sure. We see him fight in the desert. I can foresee him getting knocked out & dreams about that moment. Could explain the military personnel bowing to him, unable to fight back, & the unmasking. All potential "fears" of Batman motivating him to stop "superman."

M
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I've heard that it's Bruce dreaming of a world where Superman rules.
  • Options
    So Batman is Sarah Connoring it?! Interesting.

M
  • Options
    ...I never thought of it like that but...yeah. Kind of.
  • Options
    Sounds like a compelling argument has been made for this being a dream sequence then.

@Matt has called it, for the record :)
  • Options

Sounds like a compelling argument has been made for this being a dream sequence then.

You'll have to let me know how close I got to it. There's a good chance I won't be able to see the movie until its blu-Ray release.

M
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Matt said:

You'll have to let me know how close I got to it. There's a good chance I won't be able to see the movie until its blu-Ray release.

M
    That reminds me that I'm just not sure if I am to see this movie in the theaters. I Feel he same way about this as I do when Man of Steel (which isn't Much of anything)

Granted, I enjoyed that movie on Bluray. (mostly)
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    It could be that @Matt has called it, but I hope he's wrong. Because dream sequences are a little lame. (And using them in a trailer when they are not the reality of the movie would feel like a bit of a bait and switch.) Personally, I hope something as weird as that scene is actually in the real given circumstances of the movie. I'm game for seeing Batman vs. Superman conflict that we've never seen before, and that definitely looks like that. But, we'll see.

Personally, even though there were a lot of things I didn't enjoy about MOS, I know I will be seeing this in the theater. I'm game. What I am seeing of it so far has me intrigued.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    Similar to Episode 7: TFA, I'm interested in seeing the movie in theatres, but not certain it'll happen. I won't see either opening week, because neither interest me enough to fight the crowds. BvS:DoJ is set to come out around the ETA for our son's birth, so being a dad takes precedent.

Unlike MCU, my wife has zero interest in these movies (which aside from the Kent movies, I really don't have an interest in them either). If a window of opportunity opens to see BvS:DoJ, I'm not certain I'd take it with Meg stuck at home.

Hence, more likely this'll be a Netflix viewing.

M
  • Options
    For me, if I can spare the time, I want to go to the movies I'm most excited to spend actual money on.

Star Wars, Civil War, and Suicide Squad fit that bill. I don't know why I'm so hesitant (or is it ambivalent?) about BvS.

Help me, Cgs faithful. :p
  • Options
    I'll be disappointed if it's a dream. Would much prefer it to be an "alternate reality/timeline" type of thing. Idk, perhaps some Olympian god shows to Wonder Woman?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I'm wondering if the lifeless body of Zod we see in the trailer had something to do with Superman's demeanor.
  • Options
    I don't have an issue with Superman being pissed or unmasking Batman. They'll need to do some 'splainin' on why Superman is being worshiped though (and why he doesn't seem to mind).
  • Options

I don't have an issue with Superman being pissed or unmasking Batman. They'll need to do some 'splainin' on why Superman is being worshiped though (and why he doesn't seem to mind).

Probably because that's how this Batman sees Superman.
  • Options

For me, if I can spare the time, I want to go to the movies I'm most excited to spend actual money on.

Star Wars, Civil War, and Suicide Squad fit that bill. I don't know why I'm so hesitant (or is it ambivalent?) about BvS.

Help me, Cgs faithful. :p

Don't look at me. I plan on avoiding this turd like it's a ... turd.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I liked the trailer though it's probably my least favorite of what's been released. Still I'm not quite sure what exactly Eisenberg is going for.
  • Options
    Wow. That new trailer was garbage. Like they decided to go lighter in tone and it did not look good on them. Also, Doomsday? Really... Ok. Well I'm 100% out on this one now. Not even on cable.
  • Options
    It definitely felt like they wanted a lighter tone (it could be the only scenes in the movie, but I've been predicting it since the criticism of MoS). Not sure how I feel about it yet.

Really not sold on Eisenberg as the Lex I always picture. His reminds me of Pollux Troy from Face/Off.

A lot of people complaining Batman has a gun when the Trinity faces Doomsday (why Snyder, why that crappy character?!). Again, need more info to see if it's an actual gun or a weapon that's designed like a gun.

Still holding full judgment until I see the final product. I've been staring all along, if the movie is mostly like the first 2/3rds of MoS, I'm in. If it's mostly the last 1/3rd, it'll be a rough 200-ish minutes to sit through. Unfortunately, the trailer is showing a lot of things mirroring the last 1/3rd of MoS.

M
  • Options
    I'm not out. I am going into this with my eyes wide open though and zero expectations. I don't have the faith in the DC Cinematic Universe as I do with the DC Television Universe. I'll see it because I love the characters but the creators don't give me much hope.
  • Options
    Second viewing thoughts; Kent's costume looks brighter, that unmasking scene looks more like a dream then before (notice the fight between Batman & those soldiers includes a sleeve ripped off the Batsuit...seems unlikely), & Batman will have a bit of a potty mouth.

M
  • Options
    You're talking about this trailer? http://www.slashfilm.com/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-trailer/

Lighter in tone, yes, and fine with me. It's a trailer and not the whole movie. Hell, after hearing endlessly here and elsewhere how it sucked how MoS was too dark and the same for the first BvS trailer, it's hilarious how that was the first comment I heard about this one before I even saw it, and it was a negative.
  • Options
    It's a Netflix queue for me, still.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Doomsday...but created by Lex...so Bizarro-Doomsday?

I can't believe this hot mess will also have Aquaman, Flash, etc..
  • Options
    It's Superman and Batman together. Of course I am going to go. I just going to go on a media blackout. I saw too much in that 3 minutes. I'm so glad Batman is wearing some grey. No more all black costume.
  • Options
    I'm going to see it. Not sure what kind of tone this Lex is supposed to be but it seems to have a bit of potential. I kind of wished that Doomsday was a thing that wasn't revealed so soon. I think he looks great but it would have been an awesome surprise. I'm still not impressed but I'll still see it because I like these characters and I'm curious about this movie for the first time. Ever.