Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options

I'll be disappointed if it's a dream. Would much prefer it to be an "alternate reality/timeline" type of thing. Idk, perhaps some Olympian god shows to Wonder Woman?

Listening to the latest "Fatman on Batman" podcast with Kevin Smith and they were speculating on there that the "dream" sequence is actually Wonder Woman being shown what the future beholds if Superman and Batman continue their animosity towards each other. (inserts "thumbs up" emoji guy here)
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited December 2015
    jaydee74 said:

I think it was the worse in Dark Knight. It's just ridiculous at times. I think Keaton did it well but also, he was written very well because he barely speaks as @Matt pointed out. I think Kevin Conroy did it best. He had a great Bruce Wayne voice and then as Batman is was deep and different and it was very cool. I think Bale overdid it with the voice but I remember him in interviews giving the reason why. Ah:
    cinemablend.com/new/Christian-Bale-Reveals-Origin-His-Batman-Voice-How-His-Wife-Found-It-Dumb-40353.html

The Dark Knight was the worst. They really went overboard with the voice enhancer; maybe to save Bale's voice. TDKR was less enhancement & sounded strides better, but I thought he did it best in Begins. It was a different approach (or at least sounded) then the prior actors.

People like to incorporate Conroy into this discussion, but I always separate him. I don't equate his vo with live action. That's nothing against Conroy. I want him to always to the vo for the character & is the voice I "hear" whenever I read modern Batman. Just like "hear" Olan Soule whenever I read pre-DKR era Batman.

M
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    @Matt you make an excellent point and it's not a very fair comparison when you consider that Conroy is in a studio reading the dialogue where as the actors in a live-action movie are doing it on set. I think I still like Keaton's voice the best. Yes, it's a low, deep voice that sometimes sounds like he's just talking very softly, but it works for me. Bale's best performance agin as @Matt says is Batman Begins. It's really well done and just enough to make him scary but heroic and then it just gets worse and he goes overboard with it.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    Here’s a theory that the big villain we see in Batman v Superman isn’t Doomsday.

• Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    jaydee74 said:

@Matt you make an excellent point and it's not a very fair comparison when you consider that Conroy is in a studio reading the dialogue where as the actors in a live-action movie are doing it on set. I think I still like Keaton's voice the best. Yes, it's a low, deep voice that sometimes sounds like he's just talking very softly, but it works for me. Bale's best performance agin as @Matt says is Batman Begins. It's really well done and just enough to make him scary but heroic and then it just gets worse and he goes overboard with it.

But in most cases, actors actually re-record a lot of their dialogue, in a studio, just like Conroy. I'd be very surprised if most, if not nearly all, of Bale's Batman dialogue was re-done after the fact, especially since much of it involved action sequences that would have been hard to mic properly.

So it's more likely that Bale actually sat in a quiet studio and did take after take, and that was what they decided to go with.

Maybe it's just been too long since I've been Begins, because I remember finding the voice off-putting even back then, but it definitely got worse with each film. For a film striving to be taken seriously, it made dramatic lines sound ridiculous. I just kept imagining him barking and spitting at people when he's trying to say something important.
  • Options
    I recall watching Dredd & thinking "Urban nailed this voice". I think it goes back to minimal dialogue that were simple sentences.

I think in the entire Nolan trilogy Bale suffered from unnecessarily wordy dialogue. Aside from his conversation with Flask, his best dialogue in Begins came when he visited Gordon in his office, told Dawes about rattling the cage, told Dawes about the threat, & his ending conversation with Gordon (basically all of his conversations with Gotdon aside from the 1 in Arkham). They were simple, & he didn't have to roar.

M
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Watching the trailer again, I did see some fun parts that I look forward to, but I have to say that, as someone who has edited a lot of videos, the editing and music of the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer skates dangerously close to parodying an epic battle film rather than supporting one. The music, the quips, etc, are all a bit much.

And I'm not the first person to suggest this, but are we sure that's Doomsday and not New 52's Wraith?

• Options
    ...I have no idea what that is. It looks pretty cool though.
  • Options

Watching the trailer again, I did see some fun parts that I look forward to, but I have to say that, as someone who has edited a lot of videos, the editing and music of the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer skates dangerously close to parodying an epic battle film rather than supporting one. The music, the quips, etc, are all a bit much.

And I'm not the first person to suggest this, but are we sure that's Doomsday and not New 52's Wraith?

He jumped ship from Marvel to be in a DC movie? I wonder if Charlie Sheen is returning to the character. I haven't seen the credits on who's playing the character yet.

M
  • Options
    Like, I can't be 100% sure. But it's Doomsday. Are they really going to include the two most iconic superheroes of all time and have them go up against a 2nd-rater? People know who Doomsday is. Even if they don't know much about comics they know that he was the guy who killed Superman. Which means this movie is serious. It's kind of like everyone who wanted Venom in a Spider-Man movie.
  • Options
    ...and why is Aquaman still not in the latest trailer? I really like that Khal Drogo guy.
  • Options
    Don't click here if you're avoiding potential spoilers...
  • Options

I don't believe him; "the greatest comic book movie of all time"? I highly doubt that.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

I don't believe him; "the greatest comic book movie of all time"? I highly doubt that.

M
    I knew you couldn't resist, @Matt :)
  • Options

Matt said:

M
    I've already seen all of that previously. It's redacted there, but I've seen who Scoot & Jena are suppose to play.

M
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Matt said:

Matt said:

M
    I've already seen all of that previously. It's redacted there, but I've seen who Scoot & Jena are suppose to play.

M
    It's not really redacted. Move your mouse over it and it shows up(for people who may not realize it and want to know what it says).
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

I believe him as much as I believe the guy who said Green Lantern is going to appear at the end of Man of Steel.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Matt said:

Matt said:

M

M
    It's not really redacted. Move your mouse over it and it shows up(for people who may not realize it and want to know what it says).
    I was viewing on my iPhone & it wouldn't redact. I figure it's the same "spoilers" about the plot & actors I've seen right before Christmas from someone with a similar story.

M
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Having just sat through a chunk of MoS on FX last night, I can't imagine any way possible BvS could be the "best super hero movie ever".
  • Options
    I'm curious as to just how many potential "cameos" we are actually going to see in this movie.
  • Options

I believe him as much as I believe the guy who said Green Lantern is going to appear at the end of Man of Steel.
    But I hope it is true...
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    David_D said:

I hope this isn't a spoiler, but it seems that Batman will be chocolate strawberry and Superman will be caramel.

What does it say about me that I"m actually more excited about the cereal than the film?

I mean, come on, caramel? In my cereal? That sounds awesome.

And chocolate strawberry? No longer will I have to combine Count Chocula and Frankenberry.
  • Options
  • Options

Superman tears open the batmobile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgQrxGV7Brk

I've seen the Batmobile toy at Target. I think he purposely crashed into Kent to get a new model.

M
  • Options
    Lol.

Is it just me or does Batman's voice sound a little over-processed in this clip?
  • Options

Lol.

Is it just me or does Batman's voice sound a little over-processed in this clip?

Yup. Way worse then in TDK.

M
  • Options

Lol.

I don't remember, does the Bale batman have some sort of distortion device, or does he sound like a douche on purpose? I heard this one does use an electronic voice device.
  • Options
    zikaatlaw said:

Lol.

I don't remember, does the Bale batman have some sort of distortion device, or does he sound like a douche on purpose? I heard this one does use an electronic voice device.
    No, it was digitally enhanced in TDK, then less so in TDKR.

M