Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Welcome to the new forums!

Comments

• Options
    Jeebus, I'm behind in my episodes so I had no idea that the last crash was the end of yet another forum (I just assumed it was down and Deemer was busy).

From what little I have seen of the new digs I likey ... My only disappointment is the fact that I was in/near the top 10 posters, alas I have fallen to the bottom. Time for some more juvenile postings from me. ;)

Someone break out a bottle of Dom and bust it on this new ship and let's see where the tides take us.

the Tiki :tiki:
  • Options
    TALTAL Posts: 8
    I promise to try to like this new forum. I don't at the moment.
  • Options
    Jeebus, I'm behind in my episodes so I had no idea that the last crash was the end of yet another forum (I just assumed it was down and Deemer was busy).

From what little I have seen of the new digs I likey ... My only disappointment is the fact that I was in/near the top 10 posters, alas I have fallen to the bottom. Time for some more juvenile postings from me. ;)

Someone break out a bottle of Dom and bust it on this new ship and let's see where the tides take us.

the Tiki :tiki:
    Tiki! Now the party can start. As long as I order my "soda pop" with ice on the side. ;)
  • Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199
    I have to say, I don't really like the new forums. Its just not appealing to me. The layout. The organization. The look. I think its harder to look at. Harder to read. Harder to find what I want. I don't know if I'll be visiting these forums very much any more.

Best Wishes Everyone,

The Forum Member Formally Known As Sandman
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Good to see everything is working again.

On a personal note, I know haven't posted in a long time myself. But, I'm trying to rectify that.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Looks like we've got some Spam, Egg, Sausage and Spam (only without the egg and sausage) going on here today.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    edited March 2012
    I have to say, I don't really like the new forums. Its just not appealing to me. The layout. The organization. The look. I think its harder to look at. Harder to read. Harder to find what I want. I don't know if I'll be visiting these forums very much any more.

Best Wishes Everyone,

The Forum Member Formally Known As Sandman
    I'm sure the forums can be customized, but that kind of stuff takes time. I'm not a huge fan of the fonts, but I am glad the CGS forums are back.

• Options
    KoeteKoete Posts: 3
    And so we return and begin again.
  • Options
    you know there is a musesum dedicated to spam?

They got the Guggiham
  • Options
    Whats with not being able to go to the first unread post?
    That's like a must-have in any forum these days...
  • Options
    Love the new forums. Maybe it'll spur us old-timers to be active again. What do you say Spano!!
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Whats with not being able to go to the first unread post?
    That's like a must-have in any forum these days...
    If you click on the link from the discussions page, it seems to usually take you to at least close to the first unread page, but overall, navigation is my biggest complaint about the new forum. Something about it feels off. But I do admit to kinda liking the look of the forum just because it's different than other forums I've been to. I've been to forums that look almost identical to the old A4F forums and it takes away some of its uniqueness.
  • Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    I don't think the forums are as asthetically pleasing as they have been in the past, but this might be a product of complacency as much as anything else.
  • Options
    Personally, I like the font and the lightness of the page. It's simple and easy to read – I'm all for it.

One minor issue: I've successfully confirmed my e-mail address about three times, but the "You need to confirm your e-mail address" box persists. And I don't have permission to add a profile picture. These things may be related, I don't know...

• Options
    JoeSergiJoeSergi Posts: 78
    I was only gone for a couple of weeks and everything is new.

I'll be rocking in the fetal position if anyone needs me. :-)

Seriously though, it looks good.
  • Options
    Maybe it's just me, but I can't read any of the gray on gray text... maybe make it a little darker?
  • Options
    number6number6 Posts: 2
    thanks for bringing her back bryan, even though I don't post at all anymore its nice to know that its here. You could have very easily let the forums die and its great that you have put the time and effort to start all over again for the fifth? sixth time? I was on the first boards and the community here has always been the best group of fans. You done a man's job, sir

cheers, and Be Seeing You

p.s. CGS WESTCOAST ASSEMBLE!!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    @brydeemer : I was wondering - in order to keep this forum up and running, are you guys in need of donations? I have no clue how you guys are keeping things afloat.

I'm not loaded - but for the CGS experience I just might give a little once in a while ;)

Is there a forum specific beggar's hat, waiting for some coins?
  • Options
    You could always donate at the donation page:
    http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/donate.php
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited April 2012
    @EdChambers : thanks for the hint. Guess I used that ages ago :\">
    Just needed word that there is still a valid place to donate.

Will send some cash asap ;;)
  • Options
    @EdChambers : thanks for the hint. Guess I used that ages ago :\">
    Just needed word that there is still a valid place to donate.

Will send some cash asap ;;)
    Do the once a month donation option. It's painless, you'll never miss the dough, and it fills you with an elevated sense of moral superiority.

• Options
    TobyToby Posts: 91
    Hey Fellas. Love the change. White is hard on my eyes for reading, maybe I can change that on my end?

Toby
  • Options
    KilmarockKilmarock Posts: 174
    I just signed up for the $2 a month donation. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • Options
    DmanDman Posts: 163
    This is my first time on the new forum and I love it. Great job Bry!
  • Options
    smadzsmadz Posts: 6
    Love Love Love this new software.. i will have to get more involved in the forums now.. !!
  • Options
    I like this forum setup. Glad I decided to give it a try. Thanks, CGS! :)
  • Options
    JGalaJGala Posts: 19
    cool beans! Better to be here late than never eh? (Super nublet speaking)
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    How do you accept or reject an answer to a question posted on the new forum? I can't seem to stop getting that message whenever I log in.
  • Options
    TaCkTaCk Posts: 4
    wow, no one stole my username! (rolls eyes) :))