Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Amazing Spider-Man 698 - SPOILERS AHOY!!~!

13»

Comments

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

dubbat138 said:

dubbat138 said:

dubbat138 said:

Greg said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

Did anyone else find the art work really bad? Parts of it really hurt the eyes.

I really enjoyed the art quite a bit.

Same hear, I thought the art was pretty good, would like to se more of it.
    That's fair enough, maybe I'm being a bit picky but this

is just plain awful to me.
    See to me that is decent artwork. Nothing amazing but far from awful.

To me this image

is awful.
    I dont think its that awful, dated sure but I mean, it gets the job done.

Also you have to be impressed that the woman in the lower right is essentially naked and they STILL managed to give her pouches.
    I find the artwork to be 5th rate Chap Yaep.

and also the fact that it's not in one of the flag ship comics of Marvel makes it more acceptable.
    I disagree,all comics should have at the very least average artwork. That issue of Team Anarchy sums up all my issues with 90s indy artwork.

I agree that all comics should have at least average art work but I can live with indy art work being a little rough. On the other hand when I'm spending good money for one of the biggest selling Marvel books I expect the art work to not look like the characters have flat faces or out of proportion bodies.

I understand what you are saying. But that issue of Team Anarchy came out in 92 or 93 and had a $2.75 cover price. Which back then was really high. I can just imagine what the inside artwork looks like. I think I might have to track down some issues next time I am diving into the cheap bins.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited November 2012

I am waiting to get a Redbox coupon to only pay $1 for ASM on blu-ray. I would like to hear your thoughts in detail on the show or here.

I added my thoughts to the episode thread (episode 1246)

Just read it. Thanks for saving me my dollar.