Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Ant-Man (Non spoiler)

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Following script revisions after Edgar Wright's departure, actors Patrick Wilson (Watchmen), Matt Gerald and Kevin Weisman have now dropped out of the superhero heist flick.

According to Deadline, Wilson left the project after it became delayed in light of Wright's departure -- and he could no longer fit the film into his schedule. Both Gerald and Weisman's characters were reportedly nixed from the revised script by Adam McKay (Step Brothers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSkH-ohjr-o
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2014/08/14/ant-man-movie-filming-in-s-f-next-week/

San Francisco will be the backdrop for another blockbuster movie that is set to start filming in the city next week.

It’s been called “Bigfoot” on filming notice fliers and permits and will shoot next week in the Tenderloin and around Buena Vista Park. The movie stars Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas, both of whom will be in town for the shoot.

Many have noted that “Bigfoot” appears to be “Ant-Man,” a movie based off a Marvel comic. The IMDB page for Ant-Man lists Rudd and Douglas as stars.

Even though it’s an action film, said Lauren Machado, a spokeswoman for the San Francisco Film Commission, the San Francisco scenes will mostly involve characters walking and talking. One of the main characters’ homes is set near Buena Vista Park, she said.

“This is fantastic for the city,” she said.

There will be street closures in the Tenderloin location and “soft” closures near Buena Vista Park. From Tuesday to Friday, Muni will be allowed to pass, but cars that don’t belong to residents in the Buena Vista Park area will not be permitted entrance.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    I think I saw that this starts filming this week. I was surprised to hear that considering people had dropped, script changes were being done, etc. They must really be in a rush to get this thing rolling?
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    RepoMan said:

I think I saw that this starts filming this week. I was surprised to hear that considering people had dropped, script changes were being done, etc. They must really be in a rush to get this thing rolling?

Well, they have a date to meet, places they have likely negotiated for in their stars (and crews) schedule, and all those people already on the pre-production payroll. So there is always a reason to keep things on schedule, and any money spent holding people and waiting ends up being less money they can put on the screen (and less time and money they can spend on post).

And while there have been some changes during pre-production, and that is a thing, of course, but there are also a lot of people that haven't changed. And it could be that they changed the shooting schedule around to put some of the easier stuff up first, to give the new director more time to get up to speed. It could still all work out. I'm bummed to not get an Edgar Wright Marvel movie, but if the new person succeeds, and Wright gets back to more original material (or finally moves forward with The Boys), then as an audience member that is win-win for me.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    Super psyched. Great for my favorite city. Biggest thing to film there since 'Full House'!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    AxelBrass said:

Super psyched. Great for my favorite city. Biggest thing to film there since 'Full House'!

Bigger then Inspecter Calahan's career? What about Bullitt or The Rock?

M
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    Matt said:

AxelBrass said:

M
    I admit, those were good, but :

What ever happend to predictability?
    The milk man, the paper boy, evening T.V
    You miss your old familar friends, but
    waiting just around the bend.

:))
  • Options
    AxelBrass said:

Matt said:

AxelBrass said:

M
    I admit, those were good, but :

What ever happend to predictability?
    The milk man, the paper boy, evening T.V
    You miss your old familar friends, but
    waiting just around the bend.

:))
    Yeah...I was never a fan. When I'm with my wife & she watches old reruns of the show, I'm reminded why I wasn't a fan.

M
  • Options
    First look at actor Paul Rudd in the role of Ant-Man which just began filming in San Francisco

• Options
    I know she's playing Pym's daughter. Doesn't mean she won't be Wasp. Hell, Yellowjacket is the villain & its not Pym, so looks like this movie will get more tweaks then your average Marvel comic book movie.

M
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    bamfbamf said:

evangeline lily is HAWT

Tell me something I don't already know!

;)

• Options
    i think ant-man is going to b0mb...

i just dont think the 10 second pitch... of a Paul Rudd heist film... has much appeal at all...

the only saving grace might be a semi-naked evangeline lily and amazing CGI of ants and shrinking powers and the POV of a tiny person... but i doubt it
  • Options
    I think it has the potential to be huge. Marvel used to know how to make fun of themselves. They can pull off an action-dramedy using the Marvel U as the vehicle, much like they made a 70's conspiracy thriller using Captain America and SHIELD. It could be funny, refreshing, and still remain in continuity.

Then again, it could fail too I suppose. I admire their willingness to take some risks of late. Maybe the Strange movie will rely on elements of horror?
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    If they could pull off GotG they should have no problems with Ant-Man. This isn't going to be "Honey I Shrunk the Superhero." The potential for humor and ass kicking sfx is staggering. I have total faith in Marvel Studios at this point.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Misfit Space Western pitch is a lot more interesting to me than... Paul Rudd Comedy Heist film...

that's all im saying...

i hope it's good too
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    bamfbamf said:

Misfit Space Western pitch is a lot more interesting to me than... Paul Rudd Comedy Heist film...

that's all im saying...

i hope it's good too

I think the heist aspect is only part of the premise. I recall somewhere along the line 'espionage' was part of the plot. I don't see Rudd doing Brian Fantana: Ant-Man. I can see this movie more in the voice of RDJ Iron Man.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

bamfbamf said:

that's all im saying...

i hope it's good too

I think the heist aspect is only part of the premise. I recall somewhere along the line 'espionage' was part of the plot. I don't see Rudd doing Brian Fantana: Ant-Man. I can seeing this movie more in the voice of RDJ Iron Man.

M
    I see it the same way.
  • Options
    John Slattery joins the cast Does this mean he'll appear as Howard Stark in during the Young Hank Pym era of the movie?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

John Slattery joins the cast Does this mean he'll appear as Howard Stark in during the Young Hank Pym era of the movie?

Woohoo!
  • Options
    This is a thought provoking read on the possibilities of Ant-Man's place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in light of yesterday's announcements: The Film that was Ant-Man
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318

This is a thought provoking read on the possibilities of Ant-Man's place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in light of yesterday's announcements: The Film that was Ant-Man

interesting article but premature, I think.
  • Options
    I agree. Just had a few things worth considering...
  • Options
    Surprisingly no Ant-Man sequels in the next batch of movies. I wonder if this is very successful will they crowbar a sequel into the mix.

M
  • Options

Does this type of rampant fan speculation bore the balls off of you? It does me! Remember when these same cats damn near swore Coulson was going to be the Vision?
  • Options
    random73 said:

Does this type of rampant fan speculation bore the balls off of you? It does me! Remember when these same cats damn near swore Coulson was going to be the Vision?
    I have to admit, I don't. I remember fans believing it, but not Marvel.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

random73 said:

I have to admit, I don't. I remember fans believing it, but not Marvel.

M
    And there's nothing wrong with liking cool sounding theories. .. it just some of these cats try to make it seem like their ideas are fact....

• Options
    I hear ya random. I love all the speculation about this stuff, but some folks get kinda militant about it.