Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Ant-Man (Non spoiler)

Comments

• Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    AxelBrass said:

Least interesting off all the Marvel movies so far, but I've got my fingers crossed.

Nothing is more uninteresting than Iron Man 2
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    JaxUr said:

AxelBrass said:

Least interesting off all the Marvel movies so far, but I've got my fingers crossed.

I found IM2 more interesting then GotG.

M

• Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited January 2015
    Matt said:

Mihawk said:

It looks good but my biggest problem is that Hank is a 70 year old man. I've never liked Scott Lang and always liked Pym so this is gonna be tough for me. And not mention whatever there going to do with Wasp.

I really feel like they only did this so they could do an interesting story with Yellow Jacket as villain. Which is interesting so maybe that will save it for me

When you say "Wasp", do you mean the identity or Janet? If you're concerned about the identity, I'm sure Pym & Janet's daughter, Hope, will take up the mantle.

M
    Yeah I understand that Evangeline Lily/Hope will be Wasp I just think it sucks 2 of the Original Avengers Pym, and Janet won't really be apart of The Avengers. Especially Jan because she's in my top 5 Avengers.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Matt said:

JaxUr said:

AxelBrass said:

M

DISAGREE
  • Options
    rebis said:

Matt said:

JaxUr said:

AxelBrass said:

M

DISAGREE
    Will this replace the disagree options?!

M
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    Matt said:

rebis said:

Matt said:

JaxUr said:

AxelBrass said:

M

DISAGREE

M

As a forum member who was disappointed with the mods and/or Geeks for removing the "Disagree" button I sign on to this GIF becoming the new Disagree.

And to add to the Antman buzz, I do not mind a low key teaser and movie for that matter. If everything is world shaking, earth shattering, then nothing shocks. Antman seems the perfect place for Marvel to coast a little.
  • Options
    I have very low expectations for Ant-Man, in part because I don't particularly care for Paul Rudd, but I have to admit, the teaser has me intrigued.
  • Options
    And in 2007 I would wager that 99% of kids under 10 years old had not heard of Iron Man.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    shroud68 said:

Matt said:

rebis said:

Matt said:

JaxUr said:

AxelBrass said:

M

DISAGREE

M

As a forum member who was disappointed with the mods and/or Geeks for removing the "Disagree" button I sign on to this GIF becoming the new Disagree.

And to add to the Antman buzz, I do not mind a low key teaser and movie for that matter. If everything is world shaking, earth shattering, then nothing shocks. Antman seems the perfect place for Marvel to coast a little.
    Flipping one another off is one thing, just don't get caught referring to anyone as "noob" around here. Apparently it rhymes with boob or something...

Using a Star-Lord bird to denote disagreement with a comment is okay by me, but I'd prefer bringing back the "dislike" button. I could see @brydeemer‌ growing concerned if too many animated gifs began to eat up the forum's bandwidth ~ LOL

As far as Ant-Man's first (teaser) trailer, I'm encouraged. I like the low-key heist vibe. I can see this being somewhere between street level Daredevil stuff and bigger scale Avengers stuff, with a cornucopia of Easter-eggs for the fan-boys like us. I'm stoked.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I am very encouraged by the first teaser. Looks pretty awesome.
  • Options
    Lego may have just revealed a major plot twist in upcoming Ant-Man movie...

Current news: (SPOILERS)

Plot details trickling out suggest that in the movie, Hank Pym will be retconned as one of the "founding" MCU Avengers, interacting with Peggy Carter and Howard Stark. We've seen Peggy and Howard during the 1940's and Agent Carter is filling in the gaps that come after Captain America 1. Maybe the current tv series will end in 1974, when the Stark Expo takes place. And actor John Slattery is also back as Howard Stark in this film (he first played the role in Iron Man 2). And while "The Avengers Initiative" may have started in 2012, its beginnings are linked to the formation of the SSR and then S.H.I.E.L.D. So, could we possibly see a young Hank Pym alongside a young Anton Vanko (also from Iron Man 2) in Howard Stark's lab on Agent Carter before that series ends? Doubtful, but it would be so cool.

The modern portion of the Ant-Man film is said to take place during Phase 1 of the MCU - around the time Scott Lang is plotting to steal the Ant-Man suit from Hank Pym. As this movie is based on Robert Kirkman's "Irredeemable Ant-Man" run, then the theft may tie-in directly to Captain America: Winter Soldier, since that variant's theft takes place during a Helicarrier crash (issues #1-#3). Scott Lang stealing the suit while Rogers and crew are battling HYDRA, moves the movie into MCU Phase 2.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron is expected to change the Avengers team by the end of the film. And a civil war is brewing in the MCU, pitting hero against hero. An interesting time to launch a film like Ant-Man. Perhaps showing how The Avengers were created and why the world needs them. Remember, Thanos is coming... and we move to Phase 3.

I love this stuff!
  • Options
    Not much a spoiler; it was something I figured based on Hayley Atwell added to the Ant-Man cast a while ago. We talked about it on the last page.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Not much a spoiler; it was something I figured based on Hayley Atwell added to the Ant-Man cast a while ago. We talked about it on the last page.

M

The spoiler is mostly at the Lego link at the first portion of my comment, which seems to indicate we will see Douglas' Pym suit up in the movie and battle crime alongside his new protegee:

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944

The modern portion of the Ant-Man film is said to take place during Phase 1 of the MCU - around the time Scott Lang is plotting to steal the Ant-Man suit from Hank Pym. As this movie is based on Robert Kirkman's "Irredeemable Ant-Man" run, then the theft may tie-in directly to Captain America: Winter Soldier, since that variant's theft takes place during a Helicarrier crash (issues #1-#3). Scott Lang stealing the suit while Rogers and crew are battling HYDRA, moves the movie into MCU Phase 2.

Kirkman's Irredeemable Ant-Man? I doubt we're going to get much of that story.

When Scott Lang was originally introduced back in Marvel Premier #47, the storyline was about him stealing Pym's tech in order to rescue the doctor needed to preform an operation on his critically ill daughter.

Nice to see John Slattery return as Stark Senior!
  • Options
    Hex said:

Kirkman's Irredeemable Ant-Man? I doubt we're going to get much of that story.

When Scott Lang was originally introduced back in Marvel Premier #47, the storyline was about him stealing Pym's tech in order to rescue the doctor needed to preform an operation on his critically ill daughter.

Nice to see John Slattery return as Stark Senior!

I think the bad guy, the SHIELD connections, and the helicarrier disaster that took place in issue 2 or 3 will be components of this film.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited February 2015
    Matt said:

rebis said:

Matt said:

JaxUr said:

AxelBrass said:

M

DISAGREE

M
    Jamie D would have had a field day with that one.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Matt said:

M

The spoiler is mostly at the Lego link at the first portion of my comment, which seems to indicate we will see Douglas' Pym suit up in the movie and battle crime alongside his new protegee:

Or suited up in a flashback.
  • Options
    Most likely both scenarios
  • Options
    Douglas stated he does not don the suit; which doesn't mean dick in all honesty. They could just create a figure to give the notion he does, cast a young Pym for the flashback scenes, or Douglas could actually suit up. Couple months to find out.

M
  • Options
    Anyone reading the Ant-Man Prelude comic? It's set back during the Cold War with Hank Pym working for Peggy Carter at SHIELD.
  • Options

Anyone reading the Ant-Man Prelude comic? It's set back during the Cold War with Hank Pym working for Peggy Carter at SHIELD.

I read the first issue.

It was not very good.

Slightly informative, but nobody's A-Game was wasted on it.

If you saw the preview pages, you've seen everything of note.
  • Options
    Oh, I agree. It's not good. Just putting it out there due to the Peggy Carter/SHIELD discussion above.

Now, the new Ant-Man comic that just came out though? That's vaulted near the top of my favorite comics list. It's by Nick Spencer, same guy who wrote Superior-Foes and it's definitely "LOL" funny.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited February 2015

Oh, I agree. It's not good. Just putting it out there due to the Peggy Carter/SHIELD discussion above.

Now, the new Ant-Man comic that just came out though? That's vaulted near the top of my favorite comics list. It's by Nick Spencer, same guy who wrote Superior-Foes and it's definitely "LOL" funny.

It's in my "to-read" pile.

Nick Spencer, eh? So that means that it will be critically acclaimed, and have cult fan-base, but ultimately will be cancelled by issue 12-14.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited February 2015

So that means that it will be critically acclaimed, and have cult fan-base, but ultimately will be cancelled by issue 12-14.

Insert sad smiley guy ----> :-(

• Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    cool fan poster

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Yellowjacket about to pound Ant-Man

• Options

Yellowjacket about to pound Ant-Man

I must have looked at this five or six times before I saw Ant-Man.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    If the movie is only half as good as Marvel's new Ant-Man ongoing title, we are in for a real treat! My new favourite book!
  • Options
    Hex said:

If the movie is only half as good as Marvel's new Ant-Man ongoing title, we are in for a real treat! My new favourite book!

I'm with you 100%. "Ant-Man" is at the top of my "must read" list. This latest issue where he and Grizzly recruit Machinesmith to help him, and they find him working a kiddy party? Oh my God, so funny! Heck, I laughed out loud right now just thinking about it again.