Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What do you search for in the cheap bins?

13»

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Good sturdy build, enough space to rifle your fingers through the comics, alphabetically ordered and a GOOD cheap bin won't contain thirty copies of Bloodshot #4.
    Or Warriors of Plasm #1.

• Options
    FlintlockjawFlintlockjaw Posts: 247
    What do I search for in cheap bins?

Dead hookers.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    What do I search for in cheap bins?

Dead hookers.
    Everybody's gotta have a hobby.
  • Options
    comsorrelscomsorrels Posts: 10
    mutant x issues. it was my only series i collected seriously as a kid, and i have desperatly been trying to find them again since.
  • Options
    BetaRayBenBetaRayBen Posts: 50
    I have found that a comic shop that doesn't at least have a dollar bin is a comic shop I will rarely if ever go into. Out in Nederland Texas there was this great comic shop.
    I used to live in that neck of the woods! I used to go to Book Stan out in that area. I actually lived in Orange back then.

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    edited June 2012
    I have found that a comic shop that doesn't at least have a dollar bin is a comic shop I will rarely if ever go into. Out in Nederland Texas there was this great comic shop.
    I used to live in that neck of the woods! I used to go to Book Stan out in that area. I actually lived in Orange back then.

Nice see I use to goto the Book Stan that was on Gulfway in Port Arthur. This was back when the owner's mom and sister ran it. Then they moved to the Beaumont store,and some new guy ran it and I didn't like him. That is when I discovered Lynn's comics in Nederland. And it was seriously the best comic shop I have ever been in. The owner and his family were super nice and always gave me great deals. Sadly He ended up selling the store to some customers and the store quickly went downhill.

Just curious what years did you live out in that area. I lived in Port Arthur from Feb 1997 till November 2003. Then I moved to Nederland and lived there till around September 2007.
  • Options
    I never went to Lynn's. I lived in Orange/Beaumont from 1980 to 1993. Maybe before your/Lynn's time?
  • Options
    I never went to Lynn's. I lived in Orange/Beaumont from 1980 to 1993. Maybe before your/Lynn's time?

Yeah that is before my time out there. I didn't move to Texas till after I got out of the army.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd go to the one in Port Arthur once in a blue moon, but went to the one in Beaumont quite a bit. There used to be another store within walking distance of it and a store that I think was called Read Before Books right next door ... and a used CD store a block away as well. By far my favorite part of Beaumont!!
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd go to the one in Port Arthur once in a blue moon, but went to the one in Beaumont quite a bit. There used to be another store within walking distance of it and a store that I think was called Read Before Books right next door ... and a used CD store a block away as well. By far my favorite part of Beaumont!!
    Yeah I remember Read before books. I use to go to the Book Stan in Beaumont at least once a month to play in Magic tournaments. I want to say there was/is another Book Stan store in College Station. That is the one that the owner ran.

• Options
    I'm actually headed back to the GT this month for my high school reunion, and you can bet that I will be hitting all my old comic shops plus the new ones!! Haven't been there for about twelve years!