Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Ten More Titles of the New 52 on the Bubble?

124»

Comments

• Options
    The only one of those I am reading was Legion Lost, I enjoyed the first six issues but I am a big Legion fan so I am a little biased. I haven't heard many other people saying they are enjoying it.

Reflecting on some other comments here, there are an infinite number of place the Legion could be "Lost" so having them stuck on 21st century earth does show a lack of imagination.
  • Options
    LibraryBoy said:
    I think DC Comics Presents was really mishandled. Even if he had a lot of positive buzz coming out of Brightest Day, you don't lead off your new anthology book with 5 issues of Deadman! And from the sound of it, not very good Deadman, either.

I think all anthology books have been mishanded since the first two volumes of Marvel Comics Presents. Also, wasn't the recent (a few years ago) series of Marvel Team-Up considered to be really good. I think Hickman wrote it.

I had trouble with the Deadman story too, which really disappointed me because I really like Paul Jenkins' work.

They probably should use it to highlight other titles as well as drumming up interest on other characters.
    I really enjoyed the early years of MCP as a teen collecting comics. I had a large knowledge of Marvel at the time, but still there we're a lot of characters I had never seen before and enjoyed reading about, also a lot of up and coming talent worked on the stories. Additionally as someone mentioned about DHP earlier they were eight page stories so if you didn't like something you were quickly on to something else.

I also really enjoyed the latest incarnation of Brave and the Bold from a couple of years ago, especially the Waid and JMS issues.
  • Options
    DesertHermitDesertHermit Posts: 80
    edited April 2012
    @chrisw I have a question on the Frankenstein book... I read the first one and it wasn't for me but I always wondered if they ever created a story element or reason for the kind of silly shrinking to enter the base which was also shrunk down to be tiny. It kind of seemed like a dumb aspect of the world/story, but I would love to know if it was ever used in a cool or even important way.
    They haven't made it an overt story element yet that I can recall, but I thought the idea was quite clever. Its just meant to give S.H.A.D.E. a veneer of super secrecy and security. How can you find it if it's a floating ball the size of a nickel, and even if you did how could you get inside? It's little details like this that made me love the comic.

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The only one of those I am reading was Legion Lost, I enjoyed the first six issues but I am a big Legion fan so I am a little biased. I haven't heard many other people saying they are enjoying it.

Reflecting on some other comments here, there are an infinite number of place the Legion could be "Lost" so having them stuck on 21st century earth does show a lack of imagination.
    I've been reading the regular Legion book and have been enjoying it. One of my resolutions was to start reading more Legion stuff but I had to pick one or the other titles. So far I've really been enjoying it - particularly the last two issues where they just strung together a series of short stories focusing on a few core members (probably your best bet when there's what..30+ members of the group?) I started out reading both but let Legion Lost drop off as I was enjoying the regular Legion title more.

Both were/are good books though. Just couldn't justify spreading my comic book $$ allotment to TWO Legion titles.

• Options
    @Torchsong I had to make the same economic decision about many of the other titles on the possible bubble list. With the second wave of New 52 came out I had to make some hard decisions with my DCBS order last month. Dan Jurgens JLI writing just isn't making me excited after 7 issues no matter how much I like that concept so I dropped that and a few others so I can get some of the new books. At least if they do drop Legion Lost it will free up an opportunity for me to pick up another series/miniseries.

I have also been enjoying the regular Legion book and I think the Secret Origin miniseries is particularly good.