Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    mwhitt80 said:

Now that cbr is dead, what's the place to sdcc "news"?

CBR is dead? I didn't know it was sick.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    aquatroy said:

mwhitt80 said:

It caught a permanent list of the blows.
    The current domain of CBR is still functioning, but CBR died years ago.
    mwhitt80 said:

aquatroy said:

mwhitt80 said:

That's a good point.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

Tried to look at some prime day deals and the site was uncooperative. So I picked up a fire stick for $20.00 and gave up. Maybe next year.

Barnes and Noble is running a sale buy two marvel or viz trades get 3rd for free. Also you can add a 10% off code to the deals.

Don't forget this week is Chris Makepeace Day so go enjoy a classic film from his cannon or give the Elder a listen.

I picked up a Fire stick as well for the studio. They also had a 2 TB external drive for about $60 and I really need to back up my computer files off my main machine. So not a total wash.

I never need an excuse to listen to The Elder. :D

It's all quiet on the Western front today.

Anything interesting happen?
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    edited July 2018
    mwhitt80 said:

I had to get a new recliner...again. This time the power supply shorted out so I couldn't recline...in my recliner & the model I had was discontinued (meaning they couldn't replace it). The good news is that the old chair was still under warranty, so I was able to get one of equal value for nothing.

Also, I managed to get the scripting done for my Warlock Masterworks Volume 1 review.
    Now that's some bad news turned good news.

I've been watching Babylon 5 on the Amazon it's been pretty good .
    We've been going through a health scare with Dad the last few days. It's been a little hard on me; our family has been through a lot and I am tired.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    mwhitt80 said:

Now that's some bad news turned good news.

I've been watching Babylon 5 on the Amazon it's been pretty good .
    We've been going through a health scare with Dad the last few days. It's been a little hard on me; our family has been through a lot and I am tired.

The first season of B5 is pretty hit or miss, but it gets much better. I've been hesitant to rewatch it though. Not sure how well some of it holds up.

Hope things turn out okay with your dad.
    I was at a restaurant last night and came up with name of book 3 of Queso Problemo.

1) Queso Problemo
    2) Queso Problemo: Holy Guacamole
    3) Queso Problemo: Carnage Asada
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    RIP to John Schnepp. Was a great contributor to Collider. But also made a documentary on the ill fated Nic Cage Superman film. Was always a passionate fan.
    DAR said:

RIP to John Schnepp. Was a great contributor to Collider. But also made a documentary on the ill fated Nic Cage Superman film. Was always a passionate fan.

And let's not forget he directed some episodes of Venture Bros. I met him a couple of years ago at Wonder Con through a mutual friend. Seemed like a good dude. And too young for a stroke. What a shame.
    Going through my orders and realized the Young Animals line was finally cancelled in May.
    I've been waiting on it, bit it still is a little sad. Ohh well it was a fun experiment with a few good books and an early vertigo feel.
    mwhitt80 said:

Going through my orders and realized the Young Animals line was finally cancelled in May.
    I've been waiting on it, bit it still is a little sad. Ohh well it was a fun experiment with a few good books and an early vertigo feel.

I wasn't buying every book in the line, but I bought the majority of them just because I wanted to encourage DC to keep doing something different.
    aquatroy said:

mwhitt80 said:

I wasn't buying every book in the line, but I bought the majority of them just because I wanted to encourage DC to keep doing something different.
    I really like that DC is trying all the curated lines like young Animals, Warren Ellis Wild Storm, gaimans sandman. I'm not reading all of them, but I really like that they are trying
  • mwhitt80 said:

aquatroy said:

mwhitt80 said:

The only thing on CBR worth reading is the stuff Brian Cronin writes... he's the best.
  • mwhitt80 said:

Nothing we're allowed to talk about.
    edited July 2018
    Tonebone said:

mwhitt80 said:

Nothing we're allowed to talk about.
    Not even a hint of the next project? Is it going to be as cool as the last one?
    I'm set up at the Raleigh SuperCon this weekend. Booth 226 if you happen to be coming to the show.
    Talked with Keith Giffen for a few moments this morning, but he was not in a good mood. Tom King swung by the booth this afternoon though, and we had a nice chat, so that made up for it. It was a long day. Show didn't end until 8pm. It's going to be another 10-hour day tomorrow too. Bleh.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Saw Teen Titans GO! to the Movies with the family tonight. I know it's not for everyone, but if you like the TV show, you should enjoy the movie. Lots of DC character cameos (like DC's Challengers of the Unknown!) and even Stan Lee as himsedon't worry, it's not really a spoiler)! I thought it was funny too that Nic Cage was the voice of Supes.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

Talked with Keith Giffen for a few moments this morning, but he was not in a good mood. Tom King swung by the booth this afternoon though, and we had a nice chat, so that made up for it. It was a long day. Show didn't end until 8pm. It's going to be another 10-hour day tomorrow too. Bleh.

I'm a fan of both, but I have to ask: Is Giffen ever really in a good mood? He seems very curmudgeonly from this distance.

Now you are just humble bragging.
    mwhitt80 said:

Now you are just humble bragging.
    Nothing humble about that post, but thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt. :)
    hauberk said:

I'm a fan of both, but I have to ask: Is Giffen ever really in a good mood? He seems very curmudgeonly from this distance.
    That may well be. I've never really had the opportunity to interact with him much at all. He seemed particularly perturbed yesterday though.
    We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you...

A Football Game.

:wink:
    "Anybody can have a bad century" - Jack Brickhouse former longtime Cubs announcer
    "Folks, if you promise to visit our sponsors & purchase their products...then you don't have to watch the rest of this game"
    -Skip Caray
    Well, I have had to cancel my Moviepass membership. The recent policy changes make it impossible to do weekly movie reviews. No one cares about a movie that is two weeks old.

I am looking to use the AMC Stubs plan, but I have to wait as my credit card expires tomorrow & I have yet to receive it. If all else fails, I will use my debit card for the first month or so (even though I don't really want to).

:frowning:
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I’m surprised Moviepass lasted as long as it did. It never seemed like a feasible business model
    DAR said:

I’m surprised Moviepass lasted as long as it did. It never seemed like a feasible business model

I think it could have worked if they started offering a tiered model for couples/families (like $40 for a family of four). Instead, they kept tweaking the single plan (ie Peak Pricing & now blackouts for two weeks).