Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    I didn’t have to drive anywhere, so that was nice. We kept it pretty low-key this year. My wife’s parents brought marinated turkey breasts which I grilled, and it was pretty darn good if I say so myself. Hope yours was great as well!
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613

Merry Christmas to you filthy animals

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    So, apparently my original review of Force Works mysteriously developed audio issues.

Here is a new and improved version.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

New comicbook idea.

The Lindbergh Babies - an alternative history in which Charles Lindbergh's illegitimate children in Germany become the actual master race.

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

Completed my first ever Pokédex in Pokemon Sword. Took me a while, but pretty happy I actually completed the grind this time.

• Options
    edited January 2020

I want superhero and wrestling figures using little gi-joe figures bodies. Gi-joes are still the best designed action figure ever made.

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    When you say G.I. Joe figures, I realize you mean the 3-3/4" figures, but my old 12" figures from my childhood will always pop into my head first. Now those guys were truly fully posable.
  • Options

My daughter wanted to get my two year old boy a Ken doll for Christmas so they could play Barbies. I tried my best to find a 12 inch Gl Joe at a reasonable price. Even the remakes from a few years ago were out of my price range.

We settled on a big Batman. So part of Christmas was Batman cooking with the Barbie pioneer woman (we got on clearance after Christmas last year and hid away for this Christmas). I wish I had a picture

• Options

The wife and i started watching Dr. Who and last night we watched the episode "Blink" from season 3. I've been waiting to watch this episode with my wife for a month; she had no clue. The weeping angels freaked my wife out.

That's been one of my favorite episodes of the series to date.

• Options

Roll Call gentlemen!

How has everyone been?

• Options
    Hasn't been a great month so far, to be honest. I have gotten a decent amount of reading done at least.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Had a rough go recently with family health issues - lost my father-in-law 6 weeks ago. Almost lost my dad two weeks ago - still an uphill battle there.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

I'm sorry guys.

I've been so busy with work and had a bunch of funerals to attend the lately. I have not been good about checking in with guys the last few months.

Have you been reading anything good @nweathington ?

@hauberk I'm sorry man, and I hope your dad keeps improving.

• Options
    mwhitt80 said:

I'm sorry guys.

I've been so busy with work and had a bunch of funerals to attend the lately. I have not been good about checking in with guys the last few months.

Have you been reading anything good @nweathington ?

@hauberk I'm sorry man, and I hope your dad keeps improving.

I really liked the first issue of Protector, mostly for the world-building, but the writing and artwork is top-notch as well. I'm almost caught up on the Black Hammer universe now, just have the JLA crossover and the first issue of Skulldigger & Skeleton Boy left—all that stuff is great. I'm currently trying to catch up on Manifest Destiny, which I'm waaaaay behind on. I don’t like a lot of horror, but this is the kind of horror I can get on board with. Good stuff.

@hauberk, ditto what Matthew said.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Discovered a Marshal Law: Origins text anthology (duology?) with two stories written by Pat Mills with some illustrations by Kevin O'Neil. Halfway through so far. It's not deep by any stretch, but it does fill in a few blanks with regard to the Zone. I'll take what I can get, but I really miss all of the things that O'Neil would bury in the backgrounds.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    The big external hard drive that I had for over ten years died resulting in the loss of every video I made, podcasts I downloaded, pictures I scanned, the backups of that webcomic I tried to write (don't ask).

Obviously the videos I uploaded to YouTube can still be viewed there, and I was able to copy over a few files to a couple of other hard drives. But, everything else is now gone forever.
  • Options

When you say G.I. Joe figures, I realize you mean the 3-3/4" figures, but my old 12" figures from my childhood will always pop into my head first. Now those guys were truly fully posable.

One of the greatest things about growing up in the Late 70's/ Early 80;s is that you could cruise around with your mom on Saturday mornings to yard sales and ALWAYS pick up 12 inch GIJOE figures, accessories and vehicles for pennies. I had a crate full of them.
  • Options
    Tonebone said:

One of the greatest things about growing up in the Late 70's/ Early 80;s is that you could cruise around with your mom on Saturday mornings to yard sales and ALWAYS pick up 12 inch GIJOE figures, accessories and vehicles for pennies. I had a crate full of them.
    That’s what happened to my Star Trek Megos. My mom sold them at the flea market one weekend while I was at college.
  • Options

I hope everyone is having a better week than last time I asked.

• Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Ironically, back in the surgical waiting room - tumor in process of being removed.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    hauberk said:

mwhitt80 said:

Ironically, back in the surgical waiting room - tumor in process of being removed.
    Sorry to hear that. That is a really hard room to find yourself in. I know that post was from a few days ago. I hope everyone is recovering well.
  • Options

Tonebone said:

That’s what happened to my Star Trek Megos. My mom sold them at the flea market one weekend while I was at college.
    @Tonebone, you should give @nweathington his Star Trek dolls back. Even though you paid good quarters for them, fair and square, it would only be right.
  • Options

it was a long surgery - over eight hours. Unfortunately only able to clear between 50-60% so radiation and chemo need to be on point.

so far, we’re not seeing any cognitive deficits and he seems to be moving fairly well so there’s the big plus for leaving 40% of it in place.

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    edited March 2020
    The day job's been kicking my ass (which is why I haven't been on much) but I'm gainfully employed and it's work I enjoy doing even when it's busy so I try not to complain (too much) about it. :)

- Came across a whole batch of old First comics from the 80s/90s (Evangeline, E-Man, Elric) (Whole lotta "E"s) I never read First when they were coming out. I was pretty stupid that way. These were and are everything I loved about funnybooks growing up.

- I'm honestly cutting way back on comics because the "to read" stack is getting huge. I'll never give 'em up entirely, but it's definitely time to pare back on buying new stuff unless I "need" it. :)

- I've become a total vinyl addict now. Been rebuying a lot of my albums from when I was a kid - whole lotta Bowie, Zeppelin, Beatles...already have the hipster beard, I just need to start drinking imported water and bitching about how craft IPAs aren't as good as they used to be. :D

• Options

I found out yesterday that a guy i have become friends with over the past year (through a wrestling chat group) had a heart attack and died. He was a few years older than me and we text or have a phone call at least once a week.

In case I don't say it enough. I like you guys and have enjoyed talking to/getting to know you over the years. I hope everyone has a better go of it because it sounds like we have had a rough few months.

This probably doesn't apply to most on the forums/CGS, but my wrestling people are mostly single dudes in there 30/40 that use each other for support. If you guys need to talk or are just bored pm and I will get you my number.

• Options
    hauberk said:

it was a long surgery - over eight hours. Unfortunately only able to clear between 50-60% so radiation and chemo need to be on point.

so far, we’re not seeing any cognitive deficits and he seems to be moving fairly well so there’s the big plus for leaving 40% of it in place.

Sorry for this late reply. That sounds like a hell of a day, and a lot of work ahead. But glad to hear that there is still hope ahead.
  • Options
    David_D said:

hauberk said:

Sorry for this late reply. That sounds like a hell of a day, and a lot of work ahead. But glad to hear that there is still hope ahead.
    Continuing to take two steps forward and one back... Seizures started back up last week. Back under control, but it pulled him out of rehab and back into hospital proper. Hoping to get him back to rehab yet this week so that we can get started with oncology.
  • Options

Mycomicshop.com just got a Batman #1 cgc 4.0 signed by Bob Kane. It's really a cool comic. They are putting on auction April 6.