Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    David_D said:

David_D said:

I was sourcing HR managers in India for my technical recruiting job that I do for someone I barely ever have to see in person or talk to on the phone

Um...if they need HR managers in Minnesota, I'd rather get back into that job than the wiping behinds job I currently do while looking for an HR job...

:-/
    I wish I had something I could give you a lead on, but the only HR search we have is this role in India, and the person would have to be on-site. And the person I work for usually doesn't do HR manager searches, this is a one-off for a client we usually do technical searches for. Sorry. Wish I could be more help.
    So...if I move to India...

Does DCBS deliver there? ^_^
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

David_D said:

David_D said:

I was sourcing HR managers in India for my technical recruiting job that I do for someone I barely ever have to see in person or talk to on the phone

Um...if they need HR managers in Minnesota, I'd rather get back into that job than the wiping behinds job I currently do while looking for an HR job...

:-/
    I wish I had something I could give you a lead on, but the only HR search we have is this role in India, and the person would have to be on-site. And the person I work for usually doesn't do HR manager searches, this is a one-off for a client we usually do technical searches for. Sorry. Wish I could be more help.
    So...if I move to India...

Does DCBS deliver there? ^_^
    They might, but you would be busy learning Hindi.

• Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    David_D said:

I was sourcing HR managers in India for my technical recruiting job that I do for someone I barely ever have to see in person or talk to on the phone, while listening to some nostalgic 90s favorites on Spotify, and took a moment to procrastinate and check an Internet comics forum about the funnybooks. In the bedroom, my wife is watching Friday Night Lights via Netflix on the iPad. And our daughter is simply asleep in her room, (the only unplugged thing that is happening.)

Ever have a moment where you feel like technology has made your life a lot different than you imagined 10-15 years ago?

Twenty one years ago I started in private/industrial Security. I had a walkie talkie. Now I have a bat belt including smart phone, IPod touch, kindle, walkie talkie and some assorted electronic accessories to do the same job that my feet and eyes did in 1992. And I'm just as bored.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited August 2013

DCBS order scheduled to arrive tomorrow...
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Mr_Cosmic said:
    That is awesome. some of those contracts, if you read them and can understand them are open ended, able to be altered in any way at any time without notice and not by just the bank.

I do not know if it is still in business but there was firm in L.A. that would legally take over credit card debt from people and pull this type of switch. When the banks took them to court, these guys had never lost a case because of the way the contracts are written up.

This bank is mad because this guy pulled on them what they pull on us. Good for him, hope he wins.
  • Options
    Hey all, haven't posted in a dogs age! (Pretty much since the new forum version)

Just rewatched the jurassic park trilogy. Still liked number 1, but liked 2 and 3 way more than I remember liking them before!

The sequels had a lot of cheesy elements but man they were fun!
  • Options
    Last night I was my desk working when my son (12) walked in and started asking questions about Led Zeppelin. He then asked to listen to some Pink Floyd and as we were listening he says, "I bet this sounds even better on the record player, do you have any Pink Floyd records?" And then came the request for some Styx.

Made my day.
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    Greg said:

Last night I was my desk working when my son (12) walked in and started asking questions about Led Zeppelin. He then asked to listen to some Pink Floyd and as we were listening he says, "I bet this sounds even better on the record player, do you have any Pink Floyd records?" And then came the request for some Styx.

Made my day.

It's funny how they get a certain age and they just start asking about what they have absorbed for years. I was going through my 12 year old daughter's apps on her phone ( Yes I am that type of father, my roof, my phone ) and I saw something called Shazam. I suppose others know Shazam but I did not. I saw the songs she was "Shazaming" and one was "All of My Love" by Zepplin. So for a microsecond I freak out and think "What burnout is she hanging with?" Then I look at the time and realize the burn out is me when we were out driving. I must have been blasting it or something. My son also asked for AC/DC's greatest hits and who does not want their 16 year old son singing "Who's Got the Biggest Balls!".
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    shroud68 said:

Greg said:

Made my day.

It's funny how they get a certain age and they just start asking about what they have absorbed for years. I was going through my 12 year old daughter's apps on her phone ( Yes I am that type of father, my roof, my phone ) and I saw something called Shazam. I suppose others know Shazam but I did not. I saw the songs she was "Shazaming" and one was "All of My Love" by Zepplin. So for a microsecond I freak out and think "What burnout is she hanging with?" Then I look at the time and realize the burn out is me when we were out driving. I must have been blasting it or something. My son also asked for AC/DC's greatest hits and who does not want their 16 year old son singing "Who's Got the Biggest Balls!".
    If i would have seen an app for Shazam, the first thing i would have thought was "how did i miss DC making an app for Capt Marvel"

• Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    For the July sales estimates, in the top 100 comics, there is only one series that is past issue #35, and that is Walking Dead at #112.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Bleeding Cool recommended this Universal Monsters Blu-ray set as it was on sale for roughly $40 on Amazon UK (£22). I caught it when the price dipped even more and paid just under $40 with shipping. I've never seen these films and I'm so excited to sit down and watch them! (picture is linked to UK Amazon if you're interested) Same set with different package art is $90 on US Amazon.

Sorry for the massive picture, but it's 1080p!

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Fred, the local Me-TV (20-2) runs Svengoolie, Saturday nights at 9:00. He shows nothing but the Universal horror movie catalog with funny bits leading in and out of commercial breaks.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    BUT ARE THE FILMS IN HIGH DEFINITION!?!? [-(

Besides, I don't know if I want to see these at 9pm... 8-X :-SS 8-X
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    fredzilla said:

BUT ARE THE FILMS IN HIGH DEFINITION!?!? [-(

Besides, I don't know if I want to see these at 9pm... 8-X :-SS 8-X

No. They're not in Hi-Def. Good Point.
    You have a lovely family. I'm sure they can keep you safe.

My biggest problem with the start time is that it makes me sleepy for church the next morning.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    rebis said:

Fred, the local Me-TV (20-2) runs Svengoolie, Saturday nights at 9:00. He shows nothing but the Universal horror movie catalog with funny bits leading in and out of commercial breaks.

We watch him when we visit my in-laws—fun show. Unfortunately we can’t get Me-TV where we live.
  • Options

rebis said:

We watch him when we visit my in-laws—fun show. Unfortunately we can’t get Me-TV where we live.
    Start bugging your cable provider! Me-TV is the best!
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

rebis said:

Start bugging your cable provider! Me-TV is the best!
    I don’t get cable where I am—satellite only. My in-laws pick it up on their digital antenna, but the station that broadcasts it is too far from us.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    (1) This premired last night. (2) I'm watching it this morning on my Apple TV--totally feel like I'm 10 again. (3) It's an hour long! (4) It is as awesome as advertised.

http://youtu.be/VOsQh2zxEko
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    fredzilla said:

(1) This premired last night. (2) I'm watching it this morning on my Apple TV--totally feel like I'm 10 again. (3) It's an hour long! (4) It is as awesome as advertised.

http://youtu.be/VOsQh2zxEko

And after that...Phineas and Ferb are Doing Star Wars!
  • Options

And after that...Phineas and Ferb are Doing Star Wars!

I heard about that! But alas, not until 2014.
  • Options
    My shirt is on sale for 48 hours...

qwertee.com/

The first 24 hours it's $12, the second day, it's a few dollars more.
  • Options
    The day your son betrays you yet again...

"Dad, Can I get a Packers jersey?"
  • Options
    Watching "Anderson Live" and he just name dropped Jack Kirby and Kamandi. (Though the woman who found the DC Universe Classic figure scoffed at it being labeled "for adult collectors")
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Greg said:

The day your son betrays you yet again...

"Dad, Can I get a Packers jersey?"

I hope you've cut off his inheritance.