Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    WetRats said:

David_D said:

But when the spaceman is holding you up by the collar, everyone is the same height, no? ;)

But when he lets go of that collar, the tall man is standing and the short man is falling.
    We,,, can land on our feet from a one foot drop like anyone. You know that, right? ;)

In either way the guy held up off his feet is going to plop down on his feet. It is not going to be graceful for anyone involved.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    David_D said:

WetRats said:

David_D said:

But when the spaceman is holding you up by the collar, everyone is the same height, no? ;)

But when he lets go of that collar, the tall man is standing and the short man is falling.
    We,,, can land on our feet from a one foot drop like anyone. You know that, right? ;)

In either way the guy held up off his feet is going to plop down on his feet. It is not going to be graceful for anyone involved.
    I'm gonna walk away from the height debate before I step on any more toes. It is, as you've pointed out, a matter of different perspectives. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Matt said:

I'm confused; Batman would misuse those powers if he had them?

If that's what you're saying, I strongly disagree. I've never seen anything that would indicate Batman would be corrupted with such level of power.

M

We're talking about a guy who has sacrificed child soldiers to his personal war.

A guy with doomsday plans for all his super-powered colleagues, yet who can't keep a gaggle of whacko circus freaks contained.

Heck, after the whole Brother Eye fiasco, I'm surprised the Justice League didn't Planet Hulk his ass. ;)

You know, my heart's not in this.

@Matt, I tried attacking your hero, as a change from defending my hero, but I don't like doing it.

Besides, Superman doesn't need me to defend him from this forum, or from the DC/Warners "brain" trust. He'll endure, despite the current mistreatment he's suffering. As soon as a generation is ready to look up to its heroes again, he'll be there, cape billowing on the breeze.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

I'm confused; Batman would misuse those powers if he had them?

If that's what you're saying, I strongly disagree. I've never seen anything that would indicate Batman would be corrupted with such level of power.

M

We're talking about a guy who has sacrificed child soldiers to his personal war.

A guy with doomsday plans for all his super-powered colleagues, yet who can't keep a gaggle of whacko circus freaks contained.

Heck, after the whole Brother Eye fiasco, I'm surprised the Justice League didn't Planet Hulk his ass. ;)

You know, my heart's not in this.

@Matt, I tried attacking your hero, as a change from defending my hero, but I don't like doing it.

Besides, Superman doesn't need me to defend him from this forum, or from the DC "brain" trust. He'll endure, despite the current mistreatment he's suffering. As soon as a generation is ready to look up to its heroes again, he'll be there, cape billowing on the breeze.
    Giving young adults a chance for something more is corrupting power?

He didn't design nor oversees the security of those containment facilities. How does that show corruption with power?

Planning ahead is corruption of power? He noted his colleagues should be doing the same.

Maybe if BrotherEye wasn't also designed to watch him also. If that's the case, then Kent's heighten senses would be corrupting power.

When Batman gained Kent's powers in JLA Foreign Bodies, he was saving the world on a global level. Heck, since he doesn't have a day job, needs to worry about money, or trying to get Lois, he can save the world nonstop.

And your posts did not mention my father, so I didn't see any attack.

M
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Matt said:

Looks like this isn't a Man of Steel sequel, but another movie in the DC movie series.

http://batman-news.com/2014/06/12/justice-league-is-coming-may-2017-warner-bros-dc-roadmap-revealed/

Glad no solo Batman movies projected anytime soon.

M

yea.... About that. What's your definition of "soon"?
  • Options
    Planeis said:

Matt said:

Looks like this isn't a Man of Steel sequel, but another movie in the DC movie series.

http://batman-news.com/2014/06/12/justice-league-is-coming-may-2017-warner-bros-dc-roadmap-revealed/

M

To quote one of my favorite Batman lines from the movies:

"We'll see." - Batman, Batman Returns

I normally like some more confirmation besides Latino Review. Plus, I am still not convinced it'll ever happen. Affleck will be almost 50 then. Will an old Batman solo movie really be THAT worthwhile to see?

M
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sidebar question- does Latino Review cover anything *but* superhero movie speculation?? It is the only time I ever hear of that news outlet. I sometimes imagine they are just BleedingCool with glasses as a disguise.
  • Options
    Matt said:

Planeis said:

Matt said:

M

I normally like some more confirmation besides Latino Review. Plus, I am still not convinced it'll ever happen. Affleck will be almost 50 then. Will an old Batman solo movie really be THAT worthwhile to see?

M
    Well, I doubt the entire list that was released except B v. S and JL.

But, as for a nearly 50 year old Bats... seems like that's what they were signing up for when they cast him. He's the oldest person to play Batman in TV or the movies. Ever (according to my research everyone else first started the role in their 20s or 30s, yes even George Clooney was in his 30s, 1997 was a looooong time ago).

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    David_D said:

Sidebar question- does Latino Review cover anything *but* superhero movie speculation?? It is the only time I ever hear of that news outlet. I sometimes imagine they are just BleedingCool with glasses as a disguise.

Best.sidebar.ever.

• Options
    Planeis said:

Matt said:

Planeis said:

Matt said:

M

M
    Well, I doubt the entire list that was released except B v. S and JL.

But, as for a nearly 50 year old Bats... seems like that's what they were signing up for when they cast him. He's the oldest person to play Batman in TV or the movies. Ever (according to my research everyone else first started the role in their 20s or 30s, yes even George Clooney was in his 30s, 1997 was a looooong time ago).

I buy more of the other movies then the Affleck solo film. What was the glaring omission from the initial list? A solo Batman movie. Suddenly, there is one slated & not for 2020 or 2021. It's slated for 2019, the year right after their "movie map" ended. Seems too...bizarre.

M
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    The most recent news has got me feeling a lot better about this movie then I was. It seems that they might know what there doing with Lex at least from the stand point of who his character is and why he hates Superman.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Wow, that image about sums up this Superman.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Confidence with a spiffy hair cut.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

Confidence with a spiffy hair cut.

M
    All wet.
  • Options
    Needs another overpass.
  • Options
    When you think about the character moving forward, its interesting to note there is a greater chance he'll become more in line with what the naysayers want then what I enjoyed in Man of Steel. What made Kent "mopey & brooding, humorless & uninspirational" won't be there. Kent found his purpose & proved both his fathers were right about how Earth would perceive him.

Will he be wearing hats to cover a mutation from red Kryptonite? Highly doubtful. That doesn't mean he won't be more of a guiding force for humanity. With Batman in the mix, either Kent gets more on the brighter spectrum...or Batman is going to be VERY dark.

M
  • Options
    StabelliAStabelliA Posts: 1
    I think the "new" suit looks good. Not too many changes which is good. I can't wait for a full picture with the Trinity. Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. C'mon Zack Snyder. You know you wanna show it.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    It's better then the New 52 suit.
  • Options
    Pretty sure he's supposed to be in Gotham. Where it's often dark and rainy in comics, TV shows and movies
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Very cool! Very Dark Knight Over Metropolis but in reverse if anyone remembers that short story. I want to say he has an "older"/Curt Swan-esque stance which I like. Makes me think the movie might take place a few years after Man of Steel? Just a guess. Put me down as a thumb's up!
  • Options
    RepoMan said:

Very cool! Very Dark Knight Over Metropolis but in reverse if anyone remembers that short story. I want to say he has an "older"/Curt Swan-esque stance which I like. Makes me think the movie might take place a few years after Man of Steel? Just a guess. Put me down as a thumb's up!

Its set 2yrs later.

M
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I had a friend on Facebook say that the stuff falling around him isn't water, but the ashes of all the people he's murdered when he fought Zod.

Zing!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    fredzilla said:

I had a friend on Facebook say that the stuff falling around him isn't water, but the ashes of all the people he's murdered when he fought Zod.

Zing!

A more accurate zing would be:

"...but the ashes of all the people he's KILLED when he fought Zod." (Even though we're assuming there was still a lot of people in those buildings; just like the assumption Zod, Ursa, & Non landed safely into police custody in Superman II).

Kent would never be convicted of murder in Man of Steel. I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to understand what's required for murder.

M
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Matt said:

RepoMan said:

Its set 2yrs later.

M
    Hi Matt! I'm like Pants: I don't read much about a movie beforehand. So much can change. I probably should've used a different word than "few". I'm thinking more like 5-6. Or even in real-time, 4 years since the last one. The hairline made me think of it. But we'll see! It's too far ahead to even put much more thought into it. Haha.

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited July 2014

Just saw the pic promoted by Zac Snyder and all I can say is "how modern"! How bleak and depressing! I can't tell, is that Gotham or Sin City? Who cares? Supes is once again back and once again he appears dark and brooding! EXACTLY how I want my Superman! Zach Snyder so totally gets this character and continues to show that at every turn! I'm holding my breath for the much-anticipated Batman poster in bright & sunny Metropolis.

/sarc-off