Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Rumor has it that Doomsday might make an appearance in this spectacle. Then again, consider the source.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Rumor has it that Doomsday might make an appearance in this spectacle. Then again, consider the source.

He was also noted in that fake script floating around. I put as much stock into Bleeding Cool as I do to the Enquirer.
    M
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited July 2014
    Apparently DC has an aversion to color. I feel like every meeting over costumes goes, "Needs more mute!" By the time the movie comes out every costume will look like it's being viewed through a sepia filter.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Really? I see it more as a color wash because of the background and situation. Much in the way Snyder "colors" his movies. Considering this is two years away, and only one image, no doubt the color will even out. You can even see the torso area is lighter. This isn't an official shot - I mean, we've had years of promo images, teasers, etc for other movies - haven't we learned anything yet? Haha.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    I just love all the people on the reddit machine saying she's not muscular enough and how she needs to put on 20-30 lbs of muscle.

... 20-30 lbs of muscle. They say that as if it could be done in a couple months. It would take YEARS. The much talked about Gina Carano doesn't have 20 lbs more muscle than Gal. I might not have 20 lbs more muscle than Gal and I'm much bigger than her. 20-30 lbs of muscle would make Gal a competitive body builder, which is what some seem to want (while also wanting her to maintain incredible cup size).
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    To be serious, though, a good promo image. I like the warrior vibe. And the sword.
  • Options
    I like this image, but I agree with @playdohsrepublic - the Zack Snyder versions of these iconic characters really ratchets down the bright colors. While a similar thing takes place with Captain America, it feels like Snyder goes a few clicks too far.

Gadot looks great as the Amazon princess though.
  • Options
    Planeis said:

I just love all the people on the reddit machine saying she's not muscular enough and how she needs to put on 20-30 lbs of muscle.

... 20-30 lbs of muscle. They say that as if it could be done in a couple months. It would take YEARS. The much talked about Gina Carano doesn't have 20 lbs more muscle than Gal. I might not have 20 lbs more muscle than Gal and I'm much bigger than her. 20-30 lbs of muscle would make Gal a competitive body builder, which is what some seem to want (while also wanting her to maintain incredible cup size).

I concur. If she was Batwoman, I'd hope for a little more bulk, but she's superpowered. She could have rail thin arms and still lift a dump truck with one arm!

M

For some reason, I think her face looks like Kim Kardashian's. In fact, I thought it was her until I noticed the build (specifically the trunk area) was a lot smaller.
  • Options
    Matt said:

Planeis said:

I concur. If she was Batwoman, I'd hope for a little more bulk, but she's superpowered. She could have rail thin arms and still lift a dump truck with one arm!

M

For some reason, I think her face looks like Kim Kardashian's. In fact, I thought it was her until I noticed the build (specifically the trunk area) was a lot smaller.
    Ha! So did my wife!
  • Options
    Got to see some screen captured from the teaser. Now, didn't someone tell me Snyder only referenced a line from Dark Knight Returns, & didn't say it was going to follow the story?!

M
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited July 2014
    I showed my wife:
    Me: "Hey, look honey! They're going to make a---"
    *she looks at the computer screen*
    Wife: "Xena, Warrior Princess movie? Cool!"
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    I love the look of this movie Wonder Woman. Exactly what I was hoping for.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I brightened the image to bring out some details.

Skirt looks familiar.

• Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547

Watch the teaser from Comic Con before they remove it from Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOd8byxdjwQ
  • Options
    JaxUr said:

Watch the teaser from Comic Con before they remove it from Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOd8byxdjwQ

Surprised its still up, but, when they remove it, which they will, you can find it on Instagram or Click this link to see multiple Instagram versions
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited July 2014
    WetRats said:

I brightened the image to bring out some details...

I tweaked the image a bit as well.

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

WetRats said:

I brightened the image to bring out some details...

I tweaked the image a bit as well.

Much better..I can actually see Wonder Woman now.

• Options
    The color reminds me of a recent post I made to someone complaining her boobs are too small; it makes sense looking at the warrior lifestyle.

If Diana had pontoons for an upper torso, she'd start a mass riot for lotion, but would greatly be effected when fighting. They'd get in the way.

Conversely, I recall reading how the Red Coats stood out pretty well during the Revolutionary War. In the environment of the colonies, the red wasn't good camouflage. Having Diana at this point (speculating she's spent little to no time off Themyscira) having battle attire more in line with being a warrior then standing out with bright colors makes more sense.

If I recall correctly, Krypton wasn't florishing with bright reds & blues. Makes sense the suit Kent picked (in the novelization, there were several different suits to choose from) wasn't a brighter palette. The un-rainy photo I've seen of the promo image for the new suit has a brighter palette for Kent's suit. Could it be a result of spending 2 years in the forefront?

M
  • Options
    Planeis said:

Watching the teaser again, this image has me more excited then the clip. Maybe its because the clip I saw is a smuggled bootleg, but it looks very...video-game-y. The idea of what's happening is more interesting then the footage I actually saw.

M
  • Options
    The teaser seems to still be up here...

http://youtu.be/dhRwaouHupk
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003

Apparently DC has an aversion to color. I feel like every meeting over costumes goes, "Needs more mute!" By the time the movie comes out every costume will look like it's being viewed through a sepia filter.

I was thinking the same thing. They really sucked all of the color out of that outfit. That was one of the problems I had with Man Of Steel as well. There seems to be a real aversion to primaries going on.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Matt said:

Planeis said:

Watching the teaser again, this image has me more excited then the clip. Maybe its because the clip I saw is a smuggled bootleg, but it looks very...video-game-y. The idea of what's happening is more interesting then the footage I actually saw.

M
    I don't like how they made Batman's eyes glow. When I read Batman and see his eyes, they are just white, not glowing white. I appreciated the nod Nolan did in the Dark Knight, but I also felt it was way out of place to see his eyes glowing. Took me out of the movie. If you're going to make them glow how about not making the lights so bright?

Eh, nitpicking... It's what we do.
  • Options

The teaser seems to still be up here...

http://youtu.be/dhRwaouHupk

DC must not have put it into the content ID system yet.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

Matt said:

Planeis said:

M
    I don't like how they made Batman's eyes glow. When I read Batman and see his eyes, they are just white, not glowing white. I appreciated the nod Nolan did in the Dark Knight, but I also felt it was way out of place to see his eyes glowing. Took me out of the movie. If you're going to make them glow how about not making the lights so bright?

Eh, nitpicking... It's what we do.
    I think that's meant to be his more upscale "Superman fighting armour" than his standard suit. The cowl seems to be much more of a solid helmet too.
  • Options
    Oh also, regarding that second version of the trailer thats still up, I think that's a repost, and I think the image has been flipped because everything is on the opposite side of where it was the first time.

I've got it on my blog too (away from YouTube's roving bots)
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I like the costume.

I do have to laugh about the color though. If they're going to give her knee-high high-heel boots, a lasso, a tiara, and call her Wonder Woman..then why not go all in and color the costume like @Fade2Black‌ did? It's like Yondu and his absent fin in GotG..you've already come this far..if people can suspend disbelief for this much they'll probably be OK without having to tweak the little things.