Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I am behind on this show, so I am not tuning in tonight, but Marvel sent out an email earlier in the day promoting tonight's episode, and saying to 'stay tuned for a special announcement' after the show. For someone who is watching it tonight, I am curious what that announcement was. Thanks.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    David_D said:

I am behind on this show, so I am not tuning in tonight, but Marvel sent out an email earlier in the day promoting tonight's episode, and saying to 'stay tuned for a special announcement' after the show. For someone who is watching it tonight, I am curious what that announcement was. Thanks.

The whole series so far has occurred in Coulsen's mind as he was healing from Loki's staff wound (yes, a pun).

M
  • Options
    David_D said:

They announced that the trailer for Avengers 2 is premiering during next week's episode.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I'm looking forward to seeing it.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

David_D said:

They announced that the trailer for Avengers 2 is premiering during next week's episode.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Loved Agent Cooper in last night's episode. He's all kinds of crazy, and I can't wait to find out his backstory!
  • Options
    I'm curious about him as well.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    The dialogue seemed to suggest that he can't "lose control". Not enough info at the moment, but is he holding on to his human form through control? Is he a shapeshifter? Are we heading down a Skrull/Kree War path? Or Chitauri? Which would be weird. I was thinking of the Kree/Captain Marvel angle but there's no way Sky because the current Captain Marvel. She doesn't have the gusto for it. Oh well, more mysteries!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Rumours are swirling that Sky's dad is an Inhuman. And the artifact (obelisk) is a Terrigen crystal. Given the Inhumans connection with the Kree, makes sense to me.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Someone on Facebook suggested he could be Maximus The Mad which would be cool.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Hex said:

Loved Agent Cooper in last night's episode. He's all kinds of crazy, and I can't wait to find out his backstory!

Uh, he's still possessed by Bob?
  • Options
    I liked the latest episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. It was pretty cool.
  • Options
    That Star Wars T-shirt almost killed me.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    The hi-rez version of the Marvel’s Agent Carter trailer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyNUbAHyr9E
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    And here is the the promo teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCzQe4-YAiU

very quick, but effective
  • Options
    The week's show was the best of both seasons. This is a war between Shield and Hydra. Hydra is playing for keeps. And you think someone would make handcuffs that are resistant to dislocated thumbs.
  • Options
    I find it amusing that, just a few pages back, there are MANY posts calling Ward the worst character, worst actor, a "debacle"... he's turned out, in my mind, to be really interesting and puzzling. I am really interested to see what he's going to do now that he's free.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Tonebone said:

I find it amusing that, just a few pages back, there are MANY posts calling Ward the worst character, worst actor, a "debacle"... he's turned out, in my mind, to be really interesting and puzzling. I am really interested to see what he's going to do now that he's free.

oh, he is still a terrible actor. HE just appeared better recently because he was limited to maybe 4 minutes an episode. Also, the writing actually HAS been better and that reflects well on everyone.
  • Options
    Agreed. He has no range. As long as they limit him to what he can do, he's fine. Which scares me, since he may very well be more prominent now that he's on the loose.
  • Options
    I don't hate Ward. He's just not that interesting. I don't know. He's just kind of bland to me. I'm curious to see what is going to happen with the character at this point. Can he come back from what he did because at this point, I don't see it.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I don't hate Ward. He's just not that interesting. I don't know. He's just kind of bland to me. I'm curious to see what is going to happen with the character at this point. Can he come back from what he did because at this point, I don't see it.

he better not. He needs to reamain a stone cold villian or all credibility is gone.
  • Options
    But he's not a stone cold villain. Not in the way his mentor was. He was misled. Simple as that. The things he did, he did for his mentor and the dude's name slips my mind. He's not evil but misguided but the things he's done I feel have put him in a point of no return status.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    jaydee74 said:

But he's not a stone cold villain. Not in the way his mentor was. He was misled. Simple as that. The things he did, he did for his mentor and the dude's name slips my mind. He's not evil but misguided but the things he's done I feel have put him in a point of no return status.

He was misled? He's not evil but misguided? oh honey. no more sparkly vampires for you. He is not a double agent undercover this whole time. He doesn't have a heart of gold. This is a guy who murders people. he can not (or should not at any rate) be redeemed. HE is a villain. If they were to go your route and bring him back into the fold my ability to suspend disbelief would collapse in on itself.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    /:) .........what the hell are you talking about? I never said he had a heart of gold. I never said he was a double agent. I said he was misled by someone he trusted. Ward said he didn't believe in HYRRA. He believed in his mentor. That doesn't excuse his actions in anyway. He did despicable things of his own free-will. Again, something he admits to. I never said he was good. I simply believe he went down the wrong path and believed too much in his mentor.

Also. What does sparkly vampires have to do with Ward? Is he a sparkly vampire?
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

The hi-rez version of the Marvel’s Agent Carter trailer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyNUbAHyr9E

That's not really a trailer, so much as it is her appearance in MAOS.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

/:) .........what the hell are you talking about? I never said he had a heart of gold. I never said he was a double agent. I said he was misled by someone he trusted. Ward said he didn't believe in HYRRA. He believed in his mentor. That doesn't excuse his actions in anyway. He did despicable things of his own free-will. Again, something he admits to. I never said he was good. I simply believe he went down the wrong path and believed too much in his mentor.

Also. What does sparkly vampires have to do with Ward? Is he a sparkly vampire?

Sorry. let me explain. Vampires are monsters. I want my vampires to be monstrous. sparkly vampires (twilight) are not monsters they are "misunderstood". Calling Ward Misguided made me think of sparkly vampires. I don't want monsters to be the good guys. I'm okay with anti-heroes but that isn't the same thing. If Ward was was "misled by someone he trusted" to such an extent that is is guilty of mass murder (and i think we saw that on screen in the airplane) then he is an imbiclie and shouldn't be on the team. This character, for me, HAS to be a straight up villian. otherwise I'm out.
  • Options
    I guess we'll find out soon enough to see where they go with Ward.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    random73 said:

HE is a villain. If they were to go your route and bring him back into the fold my ability to suspend disbelief would collapse in on itself.

Agreed.
    As I said before... there is no coming back from killing Patton Oswalt. There is no return for Ward. He can try all he wants, but killing that little dude (LMD or not) in cold blood is beyond redemption. I'de be happy to see Ward try to take down Hydra as revenge for his manipulation by John Garrett, but Phil Coulson's loveable crew of white hats can never accept him back into their ranks.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Hex said:

random73 said:

HE is a villain. If they were to go your route and bring him back into the fold my ability to suspend disbelief would collapse in on itself.

Agreed.
    As I said before... there is no coming back from killing Patton Oswalt. There is no return for Ward. He can try all he wants, but killing that little dude (LMD or not) in cold blood is beyond redemption. I'de be happy to see Ward try to take down Hydra as revenge for his manipulation by John Garrett, but Phil Coulson's loveable crew of white hats can never accept him back into their ranks.
    I agree, and Phil Coulson agrees with you, given what he told Ward before he was shipped off.
  • Options
    I could see him sacrificing himself for the good of the team. No. He can never come back to the team and I hope they don't bring him back because it would never jive with me that anyone could forgive him. Especially Fitz and Simmons.