Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    Matt said:

Not sure if this was covered for you guys already, but Lady Jaye/unaired pilot Diana/WW actress Adrianne Palicki will have a reoccurring role as Bobbi Morse this season.

M

Another Huntress on prime time TV!
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Hmmm... not much discussion in this thread after three episodes. I liked the Fitz/Ward stuff in the third ep - but the Simmons and Skye stories were not as interesting. Something is off with the dynamic of HYDRA as well. They felt more threatening in season 1 and in Winter Soldier and now they feel like they are back on the same level as SHIELD. It's a weird balance I suppose - because truthfully, the scope of where HYDRA is should more than be able to take out how little SHIELD has become. The power structure seems wrong.

Beyond all that, I'd rather push the Skye father angle - and the blue alien thing. This is the downside of playing along with the movies, they don't want to get to that story too early or else they can't lead it into Avengers 2. But meanwhile, it gets dragged along with no real development on the tv series.

Hope it picks up a bit more! My wife is already fiddling on her phone during the series and it's only been three episodes! :)
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Hey @Matt: a friend just pointed out that the new dynamic Agents of SHIELD is essentially The A-Team.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    David_D said:

PS- Someone should tell the Howling Commandos that, when breaching a base or whatever you call it, shouldn't you split up and come in a bunch of different ways at once to surround your enemies? They seem to really love spreading out in a line and walking through the one door.

I blame Jerry Bruckheimer.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Still liking the show and still thisnk this season is a vast improvement of last season BUT This episode was not up to the level of the first two. I hope we don't see a lull in the quality or a bunch of filler episodes.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

Hey @Matt: a friend just pointed out that the new dynamic Agents of SHIELD is essentially The A-Team.

Yeah, but I cared about the A-Team members. Aside from Coulsen & Mae, I found the other characters uninteresting.

And you told me post-WS tie-in ep the team was morphing into the A-Team because they were on the run.

M
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Yeah, but I cared about the A-Team members. Aside from Coulsen & Mae, I found the other characters uninteresting.

And you told me post-WS tie-in ep the team was morphing into the A-Team because they were on the run.

M
    Yep.

I was amused someone else made the same observation.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Was there as much character development in shows like Mission Impossible or Magnum PI?
  • Options

Was there as much character development in shows like Mission Impossible or Magnum PI?

Never saw Mi. I think they overdeveloped Thomas Magnum by the final season.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

M
    You never saw Mission Impossible?!

"Your mission should you decide to accept it Mr. Phelps..." was never part of your childhood?

You poor man. I'm so sorry.
  • Options

@JoSpiv616‌ @WetRats‌

Use this (in conjunction with adblocker if using firefox): free-tv-video-online.me/internet/marvel%27s_agents_of_s.h.i.e.l.d./

I will try this, thank you.
  • Options
    random73 said:

Matt said:

M

"Your mission should you decide to accept it Mr. Phelps..." was never part of your childhood?

Nope. I believe it was before my time. I do know the actor who played Phelps in the series was asked to continue the role in the movie, but turned it down because of the plot.

I also missed out on The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M

Nope. I believe it was before my time. I do know the actor who played Phelps in the series was asked to continue the role in the movie, but turned it down because of the plot.

M
    That is less shocking to me. I just watched my first episode of Man from U.N.C.L.E. about 2 weeks ago. It was weird seeing Robert Vaugn as something other than the smarmy villan.
  • Options
    Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M

M
    I believe, based on the stories the told on the podcast, that we are around the same age and I loved Mission Impossible. I remember maybe a year or two before the first movie it was on FX everyday and I'd watch it immediately after school. You got to love those syndicated packages from back in the day... After cartoons it was Star Trek TNG, MI, Macgyver, or a myriad of sitcoms.
  • Options
    I suppose I should also chime in on the most recent episode. I thought it was actually pretty decent. It was very exposition heavy, but it was clearly setting the stage for future episodes. Glad to see real Simmons, and to see that she didn't just abandon the team. The actual A story with Donnie Gill was severely undercooked though. Nothing about the story made it necessary that it was him, as the whole Simmons can get through to him subplot was flimsy at best.

In a shocking turn of events, I didn't hate Ward this week. But he was paired with Fitz, with whom his character has always had the strongest chemistry. It made the scene with Skye at the end worse because they have absolutely no chemistry whatsoever.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited October 2014
    I binged the first three episodes last night and really enjoyed them. Good changes and additions and the show is now simply Shield and Hydra fighting to gain and control assets. Enjoying Reed Diamond as Hydra's big bad.

Enjoying FitzSimmons now that I can remember who is who.

Also it's nice knowin we get 11?episodes then Agent Carter break then they come back to finish.

I'm not calling it a great show but entertaining.
  • Options
    i'm digging Henry Simmon's character, what is it Alphonso? I like that his relationship with Fritz'd Fitz.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M

M
    The actor who played Phelps was Peter Graves. You may know him as the pilot from Airplane!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2A194yTWoQ
  • Options
    JaxUr said:

Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M

M
    The actor who played Phelps was Peter Graves. You may know him as the pilot from Airplane!
    Never saw it.

M
  • Options
    random73 said:

Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M

M
    That is less shocking to me. I just watched my first episode of Man from U.N.C.L.E. about 2 weeks ago. It was weird seeing Robert Vaugn as something other than the smarmy villan.
    Man From UNCLE movie coming next year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MaYx8ja8Lw
  • Options
    Matt said:

JaxUr said:

Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M

M
    Never saw it.

M
    You. Never. Saw. Airplane?

...That was the start of my drinking problem.
  • Options
    random73 said:

Matt said:

JaxUr said:

Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M

M
    Never saw it.

M
    You. Never. Saw. Airplane?

...That was the start of my drinking problem.
    Nope. I'm familiar with several of the pop culture influences & iconic scenes, but never saw the movie.

M
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I think you've missed some fun television @Matt‌
    Haven't we all?

• Options
    Ok, the numbers for MAoS now are starting to get scary. It will finish the season but unless it picks up its

in trouble.
  • Options
    Maybe it has something to do with the bland characters. I have tried to watch this show but it's become a chore. For a series that was sold as having the Whedon touch it's surprisingly lifeless.
  • Options
    JaxUr said:

Maybe it has something to do with the bland characters. I have tried to watch this show but it's become a chore. For a series that was sold as having the Whedon touch it's surprisingly lifeless.

Wow. It's probably the only Whedon show where I can still remember or care what happens in an episode thirty minutes later. (And it's not that I hate or dislike Whedon's past shows -- it's just that they always felt light and fluffy to me and just weren't especially memorable in any particular fashion.)

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited October 2014
    Enjoyed the fight. I'm a sucker for a standing drop kick! I'm enjoying the show more than I did last year.
  • Options
    Part of me hopes this episode was the origin of Madam Masque.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944

Part of me hopes this episode was the origin of Madam Masque.

Nice! Although I'm pretty sure they have other plans for that character (Agent 33), Madam Masque would've been sweet!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I'm digging this show so far and I can't wait for the introduction of Bobbi Morse