Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Yup
    WetRats said:

I may have to watch it again but I just couldn't get into it. Lucy Lawless and her team just came out of the blue for me.

I liked them appearing without immediate explanation.

It immediately established the passage of time.
    Yup. Stuffs been happening.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I may have to watch it again but I just couldn't get into it. Lucy Lawless and her team just came out of the blue for me.

Okay that makes sense.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited September 2014

WetRats said:

Okay that makes sense.
    Unlike my overuse of "immediate".
  • Options
    Howard Stark on Agent Carter.

Yay!

I still want more Dum-Dum Dugan, too.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Howard Stark on Agent Carter.

Yay!

I still want more Dum-Dum Dugan, too.

Agree
  • Options
    Wow. Tonight's episode was good too. In liking the expanded cast a lot. Fitz is interesting for the first time ever. The funky alien script reminds me of some real Kirby-esque stuff like the Eternals.
  • Options
    I keep thinking that script looks like a circuit schematic -- and that it's a base for whatever they're setting up for the Vision in the next Avengers movie.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Really dug episode two from the new season. Absorbing Man was great. The show definitely got a big bump in the FX budget.

Nice to see Agent Dale Cooper again... any speculation as to who he will end up as (or if he is a new character)? Looking forward to seeing the real Simmons next week.
  • Options
    random73 said:
    Always a big fan of Speedball. Hopefully Niels will show up too!
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Hex said:

Really dug episode two from the new season. Absorbing Man was great. The show definitely got a big bump in the FX budget.

Nice to see Agent Dale Cooper again... any speculation as to who he will end up as (or if he is a new character)? Looking forward to seeing the real Simmons next week.

I would suggest waiting until you hear from the woman with the log.
  • Options
    Wow.

Another very good episode.

Happy to see Raina back, both because her character is so interesting and because the woman who plays her is mind-bogglingly beautiful.

I really like the way the soap opera elements of the show have twisted in the new dynamic. Things feel much more Whedonesque now.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'll even go so far as to say that, like Babylon 5, the ofttimes hard-to-watch first season has become better retroactively, now that it's clear what was being set up.

Seeing what the characters and their world were like before things got so screwed up for them allows it to hit home just how screwed up they are now.

Fitz's condition, for instance, would be far less poignant if we hadn't experienced his sweet, innocent, dorky original personality.
  • Options
    Oh.

And I really look forward to seeing the contrast between the "real" Simmons and the Simmons in Fitz's head.

At the very least, I'd guess the modest jumpers and tidy white collars will be a thing of the past.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    I think I would be all for AoS doing the "freak of the week" if it meant we could see B & C level villains on television.
  • Options
    rebis said:

I think I would be all for AoS doing the "freak of the week" if it meant we could see B & C level villains on television.

They certainly set up that possibility when Hydra released all the "freaks" SHIELD had locked away and disappeared.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

rebis said:

They certainly set up that possibility when Hydra released all the "freaks" SHIELD had locked away and disappeared.
    remember when Sabertooth was a C-lister? Always running around with Constrictor and getting trounced by Powerman and Iron Fist every other month. *sigh* the good ole days before Sabertooth got pumped up to act as a foil to Wolverine.
  • Options
    random73 said:

remember when Sabertooth was a C-lister? Always running around with Constrictor and getting trounced by Powerman and Iron Fist every other month. *sigh* the good ole days before Sabertooth got pumped up to act as a foil to Wolverine.

remember when Constrictor was a C-lister? When he was roommates with Deadpool and Titania, and getting trounced by Powerman and Iron Fist every other month. *sigh* the good ole days before Constrictor lost his hands, hooked up with Diamondback, almost became a hero during Avengers Initiative, and then became one of Zemo's lieutenants.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited October 2014
    After all the positive buzz, and having missed a whole season since the pilot, I decided to jump onto S2 E1.

I'm glad I did. Soooo much better than where this series started. I will definitely stick with this. And I hear that the post-Winter Soldier episodes from late S1 are good, too, so I will try to go back for those sometime. Glad that this show survived long enough to find its voice. And they definitely seem to be putting more money into it. That is a huge contract cast (by non-HBO standards).

And bonus points for Patton Oswalt as their Q, and for Homicide: Life on the Street alum Reed Diamond as a recurring Nazi baddie.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    PS- Someone should tell the Howling Commandos that, when breaching a base or whatever you call it, shouldn't you split up and come in a bunch of different ways at once to surround your enemies? They seem to really love spreading out in a line and walking through the one door.

If the Agent Carter series gets cancelled early, maybe it will be because they finally meet a Hydra machine gun nest set up facing the front door.
  • Options
    David_D said:

And I hear that the post-Winter Soldier episodes from late S1 are good, too, so I will try to go back for those sometime.

I'd recommend picking up with the Lady Sif episode.

Also, after watching the episode that came out the week before Winter Soldier, watch Winter Soldier, then the next episode.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    Finally got a chance to watch last weeks episode.

Three words: GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    No letdown here. This show continues to be awesome.

I don't suppose the ratings will back it up, will they?
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Of course they don't. Why would they?

"Continuing ABC’s night, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (5.1 mil/1.8) fell 15 percent (tying its series low), while Forever (5.7 mil/1.4) dropped 17 and 22 percent."

http://tvline.com/2014/10/01/selfie-premiere-ratings-abc/
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited October 2014

Of course they don't. Why would they?

"Continuing ABC’s night, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (5.1 mil/1.8) fell 15 percent (tying its series low), while Forever (5.7 mil/1.4) dropped 17 and 22 percent."

http://tvline.com/2014/10/01/selfie-premiere-ratings-abc/

It has huge live +3 days lift. All genre shows do (the live+3 for Gotham was insane, like unheard of). Apparently the type of people who like shows like that don't like being told when to watch something. After that's taken into account it actually does the same as the newest NCIS:NOLA in the 18-54 demo. It does need to pick up on the live broadcast but it's still a hit for ABC.

Actually enjoying the season. They revamped the characters that didn't work in good ways. But Shield is now just a bunch of vigilantes instead of an intelligence and peacekeeping organization which is less interesting to me. I wonder if they are going to create a new anagram now.
  • Options
    I don't even have cable so I watch Agents of SHIELD on the WatchABC site. It's horrible, but that's what I do.
  • Options
    JoSpiv616 said:

I don't even have cable so I watch Agents of SHIELD on the WatchABC site. It's horrible, but that's what I do.

I have to watch on HULU. Also an unpleasant experience. The first week, they playaed the same two commercials every break, including one with literal potty humor.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Not sure if this was covered for you guys already, but Lady Jaye/unaired pilot Diana/WW actress Adrianne Palicki will have a reoccurring role as Bobbi Morse this season.

M