Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    DAMN that was a good episode!
  • Options
    Although I am still pissed that Tripp succumbed to Surplus Black Character Syndrome, I was pleased with the fallout over his death, especially Coulson's trip to tell his grandmother.
  • Options
    "Answer our questions, elderly man!"
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Ok, them for that matter, and im not condemning anyones individual taste, opinion
    WetRats said:

Although I am still pissed that Tripp succumbed to Surplus Black Character Syndrome, I was pleased with the fallout over his death, especially Coulson's trip to tell his grandmother.

I was just annoyed he was killed instead of the much less familiar (and imo) much less interesting and likable other mechanic guy. Although I don't dislike him. The show for me hasn't kept the momentum it had built with the last finally and little of the new storylines are doing much for me ( the underground city and sky's new situation etc. Just not doing it for me. Boy has there been some awful acting too. Sky's dad (an actor Ive always liked) is just horrible. And in the last ep with siff, who the heck cast that guy playing the Kree?! They should be fired.
  • Options
    I think Kyle MacLachlan's performance as Mr. Hyde has been great. He's brought a weird, demented energy to the character and a very different physicality than I've ever seen from him.

Also, I think the actor playing the Kree was trying to portray an odd alien-ness to his odd alien character and did so quite well.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    This latest episode just clued me in that this was Coulson's father;

• Options
    batlaw said:

I was just annoyed he was killed instead of the much less familiar (and imo) much less interesting and likable other mechanic guy.

First, I don't think we should have to choose between the two as to which should be killed off.

Second, Mack is filling a very different niche, being (until recently) a support member of the team, rather than yet another action hero field agent.* The show has plenty of those. And his interaction with Fitz has been one of my favorite aspects of this season. He's been a real stereotype defier, an enormous, physically-imposing black man who is good with his hands and his intuition, rather than just strong and tough.

I regret the relative lack of development Tripp was given, but am very pleased with, and interested in Mack's character.

*The show is really starting to show the Whedon influence now, with the team's primary ass-kickers being women.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    I saw last night's episode... man that was HORRIBLE...

a woman with surgical blades instead of nails?
    a mexican on steroids?
    a super nerd?
    what kind of pathetically lame villains are these?
    And Skye's dad is extremely annoying and lame... what are his power anyway???

and none of the main characters are interesting or appealing?

Mockingbird might be the only intriguing one...

it felt like I was reading an old X-Men comic book (with the whole Mutant Registration Act feel to Skye/Inhumans/Index's storyline) except 100x cornier and with super lame none powered people fighting equally lame "super" villains...

Marvel needs to buy the fcking X-Men back from Fox.. coz this Inhumans lameness is not working out!
  • Options
    The birds falling was a really creepy moment.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited March 2015
    Were all those teens dead? They mentioned catatonic state but they looked out for awhile.
  • Options

Were all those teens dead? They mentioned catatonic state but they looked out for awhile.

Catatonic.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Funny, it made me laugh.

I loved the "Legion of Losers" vibe of that team-up, and now the world has a live action Angarr the Screamer, so that's awesome. But when they were doing the make-up tests for Scalpel Lady no one in the room saw how terrible it looked? I mean, besides the fact that I've seen scarier press-ons at the DMV, they were all uselessly sideways. How did they not break off every time she swiped downward?
  • Options

WetRats said:

Funny, it made me laugh.

I loved the "Legion of Losers" vibe of that team-up, and now the world has a live action Angarr the Screamer, so that's awesome. But when they were doing the make-up tests for Scalpel Lady no one in the room saw how terrible it looked? I mean, besides the fact that I've seen scarier press-ons at the DMV, they were all uselessly sideways. How did they not break off every time she swiped downward?
    She was supposed to have done it herself. They looked like it.

Not sure though why SHIELD couldn't just have snipped them off, rather than lock her hands in metal gloves.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited March 2015
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

Funny, it made me laugh.

She was supposed to have done it herself. They looked like it.

Not sure though why SHIELD couldn't just have snipped them off, rather than lock her hands in metal gloves.
    It makes no sense. And presumably she escaped during the breakout in S1. Because she's a self-mutilating murderer, I have trouble believing they just hand clamped her and let her go. If they did, wtf? So who rented edwina scissor hands an apartment? What does she do for a living? She has cable and money for take out... Everything about her was nonsense and dumb. Even her "abusive surgeon boyfriend" origin. And it all looked so bad.

We'll probably never see her again so it's not a big deal, and I had fun watching the episode overall, it just amazes me how often this show still manages not to realize when something really doesn't work, and how heavily they will lean into the skid, like wasting a guest appearance by Drea De Matteo on one of the most ill-conceived character ever to be on the show.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Yeah... Last ep was simply horrible.
  • Options

wasting a guest appearance by Drea De Matteo

Yep.

That was a shame.

Any time she was on screen, even in the background, she was all I could focus on.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I didn't care for the nails of death "powers", but I enjoyed the episode regardless.

I friggin' love Mister Hyde.
  • Options

I friggin' love Mister Hyde.

Agreed.

The frantic coat and tie straightening at the end was brilliantly-played.
  • Options
    Talbot has become one of my favorite characters.
  • Options
    The Pulp Fiction homage was fun.
  • Options
    I really loved the two-shot of Skye and Coulson taking synchronized bites of red licorice.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    WetRats said:

I really loved the two-shot of Skye and Coulson taking synchronized bites of red licorice.

Agreed. Great Episode. Felt like the previous one was a bit of filler, but this one was great!
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Talbot has become one of my favorite characters.

A little early for taco Tuesday, isn't it?
  • Options
    How bad-ass was Bobbi Morse in that opening sequence on the Helicarrier?
  • Options
    I agree. Wonder Woman is amazing.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Gal Gadot joined AoS?

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Gal Gadot joined AoS?

M
    Palicki was in the failed Wonder Woman pilot. She was also In the second G.I. joe movie, but I don't remember her name in it.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Matt said:

Gal Gadot joined AoS?

M
    Palicki was in the failed Wonder Woman pilot. She was also In the second G.I. joe movie, but I don't remember her name in it.
    She played Lady Jaye. She was also the fake Kara in Smallville, in the Red Dawn remake, & Fridy Night Lights.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

& Friday Night Lights.

M

Saved the best for last.

#cleareyesfullhearts

• Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited April 2015
    Matt said:

...she was also the fake Kara in Smallville...

M

Ahhhhh yes, the moment that made me WISH Smallville was an HBO show and not a WB/CW show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfQgwr9UQ_4

She was ALSO in the failed Aquaman pilot 'Mercy Reef'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgEIIc5K7qM