Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Official Thread (Spoiler Heavy)

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    jaydee74 said:

Matt said:

I don't get why Fury having the Helicarrier was considered to be a "plot hole" by news outlets.

He said he got it "with the help of some old friends." Thats not exactly a hole.

I've seen complaints the Banner/Widow relationship was completely out of left field also.

M
    See, I think it came out of right field.
    I think it was a home run.

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    "I'm the guy who kills Gordon."
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    That finale was meaty and satisfying. No extra Marvel Tie-ins were needed.

And I loved the hints at the next story lines.
  • Options
    Also.... The Daisy-Cal scenes made me tear up a bit.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Cal. Cal Zabo. Mr Hyde. ...why did I not see that!?
  • Options

You didn't? I guess you missed discussion in here for the past few months. :p

• Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003

You didn't? I guess you missed discussion in here for the past few months. :p

I'd been avoiding this thread for awhile -- my current job requires me to head off to work while the show is on, and it takes me a week to catch up via streaming from ABC's app (they delay episodes' availability by a week). I watched last night's finale -- I had the night off -- but I still haven't seen last week's episode.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    So who gets to see Chloe Bennet take her first con victory lap this weekend at Motor City Con? This guy!!!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I thought this was very satisfying. Really well done finale.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Two hours of way too much talking, a super fast wrap up, and then build up for the next season. After the Flash episode, my wife and oldest stuck around for the first half but gave up on the second. This show is definitely on the skip list for next season.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    I thought the Finale was top-notch. Satisfying elements for every character! Once again Kyle MacLachlan steals the show. I might have enjoyed it almost as much as Age of Ultron.
  • Options
    I'm very curious to see what they do next season and how they bring back Bobbi and Hunter considering both were supposed to leave the show for the spin-off.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    edited May 2015
    SPOILERS!

When Bobbi said she was "Done"... did that mean Done with SHIELD or Done with Hunter?
    Also... really glad Mac is sticking around.
  • Options
    I almost thought she meant S.H.I.E.L.D. because the original concept of the spinoff was going to star Bobbi and Hunter so I think they were going to go off on their own.
  • Options
    "Ginger Ninja"
  • Options
  • Options
    What I said earlier about Kyle MacLachlan... times infinity.

What a fantastic season-long performance!
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    jaydee74 said:

I almost thought she meant S.H.I.E.L.D. because the original concept of the spinoff was going to star Bobbi and Hunter so I think they were going to go off on their own.

I think that's definitely what they meant. But they are probably going to walk it back and chalk it up to stress, or have it be part of her arc next season so they can take another run at the spinoff. It's currently tabled in favor of Agent Carter, but I wouldn't be surprised if the idea comes back around.
  • Options
    Other than in the flashback, that was the first time May has smiled since the series began.

Nice payoff.
  • Options
    Nice use of Chekov's Axe.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    I was hoping for more of a change into Hyde. Something bulkier - not Hulk size, but bigger. The version we got felt like Hyde-lite. Which sounds like a drink. Haha.
  • Options
    I liked the last scene with Skye and and Cal.
  • Options
    That's pretty cool.
  • Options
    RepoMan said:

I was hoping for more of a change into Hyde. Something bulkier - not Hulk size, but bigger. The version we got felt like Hyde-lite. Which sounds like a drink. Haha.

Hey, we can agree on something!
  • Options
    I'm curious as to where season 3 will begin considering what happened at the very end of the two part episode. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    Tonebone said:

WetRats said:

Anybody else thinks it's about time to start calling Skye "Agent Johnson"?

I've been looking for a Die Hard gif ever since I saw this. You can bet If she's ever killed off I'm finding the "we're gonna need some more FBI guys" gif.

As for season 3... I hope it's good. They kinda lost the thread the last half of the season. And that Ultron tie-in was worse than the Thor 2 tie in. "Here's some info Maria Hill" episode ends. Episode starts, "Irrelevant plot point to show about helicarrier" followed by "Man, Ultron was scarrrry, sure glad none of that mess made its way over here."

If that's what they're going to do, they are better off not even trying to shoehorn stuff like that in. It was such a non-issue for the overall storyline that it was kind of embarrassing to watch everyone discuss it. Raina gives a prophecy of doom, and the next episode it's all over, off screen and no one has been affected by any of it (least of all the Inhumans) except the resolution of minor plot points that were only introduced in the last 2-3 episodes anyway, and never seemed to fit with what else had been going on. Which is CRAZY, because all these people who work for Real SHIELD just found out Nick Fury is still alive. Are you kidding? No one is angry about this? No one suspects Coulson of being Fury's puppet? Nobody is upset that there WAS a major lie at the center of Coulson's directorship? Instead they are still butthurt about his alien ressurection?

And having not seen the movie yet, it's even more clearly awkward because they are trying to have it both ways, making it look connected and also not giving away any major spoilers. It just sounded dumb as they danced around all the major plot points.
    Got to disagree with you. I find it AMAZING that they can coordinate a weekly tv series with a movie series, as well as they do... Remember, the whole last season of SHIELD was based on the Hydra plotline from Winter Soldier. So the whole season was planned to roll over with Hydra taking over the very WEEK the movie premiered.

This time, the plotline of the show involved the Inhumans being captured and experimented on, by the same program that involved Wanda and Pietro. Sure, they had a conference call with Maria Hill, and a dodgy premonition from Raina, but the timing and coordination necessary just to pull this off is amazing.

Meanwhile, Warner Brothers has announced a Flash movie, and announced it not only won't tie into the TV universe, it won't even be the same actor. They're not even going to bother. Say what you will, but I feel like the Marvel universe is being lovingly crafted, when they could say "why bother" and just print money. Instead, they care.
    It was all so tangential that it was inconsequential. As for timing things, that only works the week it comes out. A year or two from now those scenes stop being commercials for a movie are just bad television. Winter Soldier at least had something to do with the show. And I still haven't seen AoU (not because I don't want to, but it's beginning to look like this is going to become a rental) so when I finally watch it, will I care about this particular tie-in? I appreciate that MAoS is concurrent with the movies and that it references them, but it's already firmly established as being in the same universe. If it isn't part or the story then don't include it or make it a real part of the story instead of having an entire subplot take place off camera then reference it like we're supposed to be invested. The audience deserves better than half hearted fan service.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

Tonebone said:

WetRats said:

Anybody else thinks it's about time to start calling Skye "Agent Johnson"?

I've been looking for a Die Hard gif ever since I saw this. You can bet If she's ever killed off I'm finding the "we're gonna need some more FBI guys" gif.

As for season 3... I hope it's good. They kinda lost the thread the last half of the season. And that Ultron tie-in was worse than the Thor 2 tie in. "Here's some info Maria Hill" episode ends. Episode starts, "Irrelevant plot point to show about helicarrier" followed by "Man, Ultron was scarrrry, sure glad none of that mess made its way over here."

If that's what they're going to do, they are better off not even trying to shoehorn stuff like that in. It was such a non-issue for the overall storyline that it was kind of embarrassing to watch everyone discuss it. Raina gives a prophecy of doom, and the next episode it's all over, off screen and no one has been affected by any of it (least of all the Inhumans) except the resolution of minor plot points that were only introduced in the last 2-3 episodes anyway, and never seemed to fit with what else had been going on. Which is CRAZY, because all these people who work for Real SHIELD just found out Nick Fury is still alive. Are you kidding? No one is angry about this? No one suspects Coulson of being Fury's puppet? Nobody is upset that there WAS a major lie at the center of Coulson's directorship? Instead they are still butthurt about his alien ressurection?

And having not seen the movie yet, it's even more clearly awkward because they are trying to have it both ways, making it look connected and also not giving away any major spoilers. It just sounded dumb as they danced around all the major plot points.
    Got to disagree with you. I find it AMAZING that they can coordinate a weekly tv series with a movie series, as well as they do... Remember, the whole last season of SHIELD was based on the Hydra plotline from Winter Soldier. So the whole season was planned to roll over with Hydra taking over the very WEEK the movie premiered.

This time, the plotline of the show involved the Inhumans being captured and experimented on, by the same program that involved Wanda and Pietro. Sure, they had a conference call with Maria Hill, and a dodgy premonition from Raina, but the timing and coordination necessary just to pull this off is amazing.

Meanwhile, Warner Brothers has announced a Flash movie, and announced it not only won't tie into the TV universe, it won't even be the same actor. They're not even going to bother. Say what you will, but I feel like the Marvel universe is being lovingly crafted, when they could say "why bother" and just print money. Instead, they care.
    It was all so tangential that it was inconsequential. As for timing things, that only works the week it comes out. A year or two from now those scenes stop being commercials for a movie are just bad television. Winter Soldier at least had something to do with the show. And I still haven't seen AoU (not because I don't want to, but it's beginning to look like this is going to become a rental) so when I finally watch it, will I care about this particular tie-in? I appreciate that MAoS is concurrent with the movies and that it references them, but it's already firmly established as being in the same universe. If it isn't part or the story then don't include it or make it a real part of the story instead of having an entire subplot take place off camera then reference it like we're supposed to be invested. The audience deserves better than half hearted fan service.
    That's an issue across all media - especially comics. For me, that's part of the charm of the way things are linked. The little inserts in the movies and TV series are incredibly similar to so many tie-in issues.

Does the bar scene with Thunderbolt Ross in IM2 lose something by being taken out of context? Absolutely, but that's also true of the heroes flying into or out of the BattleWorld portals from the original Secret Wars.

It may be clunky of you look at it exclusively as a TV series but as a part of the broader MCCU tapestry, a variant on the comic format, it's something true to its source material.
  • Options

The audience deserves better than half hearted fan service.

I'm so sick of the term "fan service".

How dare the creators of entertainment actually do something their audience enjoys?