Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Movie News: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

13»

Comments

• WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

I have to confess.

Having zero emotional investment in TMNT, I found the trailer amusing.

It seemed like a nice tweak at the pomposity of the Dark Knight trilogy.

Wait, The Dark Knight Trilogy was pompous?! It's no Man of Steel, but...

M
    Even the guy who asked "Why So Serious?" was too damned serious.
    Not sure if you bought the Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Edition, but apparently, Nolan filmed an alternate scene where Blake confronts Bruce in TDKR. With the backlash from Spider-man 3, and the definite different tone the scene would've set, I see why Nolan didn't use it.

http://youtu.be/jJ5l5ls0hP4

Its weird that Bruce's moves are the same ones I used to get my wife back in 2006!!

M
    I missed this earlier, but I laughed SO HARD at the prospect of ME buying the Ultimate Dark Knight Trilogy Collection that I think I may have injured myself.

b-(
    I know, I injury myself from laughter everytime people take umbrage with me about my dislike of the dancing & over the top goofball moments in GotG!

M
    I don't take umbrage.

I just feel sorry for you.

Glad to know there's some laughter in your life, and pleased to know I help keep it there.

:D
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

I have to confess.

Having zero emotional investment in TMNT, I found the trailer amusing.

It seemed like a nice tweak at the pomposity of the Dark Knight trilogy.

Wait, The Dark Knight Trilogy was pompous?! It's no Man of Steel, but...

M
    Even the guy who asked "Why So Serious?" was too damned serious.
    Not sure if you bought the Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Edition, but apparently, Nolan filmed an alternate scene where Blake confronts Bruce in TDKR. With the backlash from Spider-man 3, and the definite different tone the scene would've set, I see why Nolan didn't use it.

http://youtu.be/jJ5l5ls0hP4

Its weird that Bruce's moves are the same ones I used to get my wife back in 2006!!

M
    I missed this earlier, but I laughed SO HARD at the prospect of ME buying the Ultimate Dark Knight Trilogy Collection that I think I may have injured myself.

b-(
    I know, I injury myself from laughter everytime people take umbrage with me about my dislike of the dancing & over the top goofball moments in GotG!

M
    I don't take umbrage.

I just feel sorry for you.

Glad to know there's some laughter in your life, and pleased to know I help keep it there.

:D
    Its all in the context of usage. If its goofball heroism with John Winger or Fletch, I'm game.

If its a dance off in a comedy...
    http://youtu.be/zUkaEK3-_B0

I'm game.

GotG just didn't jive with the same tone as the other Marvel Studio movies. The route they took just didn't appeal to me in the context.

M
    Matt said:

Its all in the context of usage. If its goofball heroism with John Winger or Fletch, I'm game.

John Winger and Fletch would have been among Peter Quill's role models.

He was a nerdy 10-year-old in 1988. He would have watched the hell out of those movies.
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

He was a nerdy 10-year-old in 1988. He would have watched the hell out of those movies.
    As I've said, context. In the context of a comedy it works. In an established movie universe that doesn't have it, I'm not a fan. It wasn't appealing to me in Green Lantern or Green Hornet, either.

M
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

As I've said, context. In the context of a comedy it works. In an established movie universe that doesn't have it, I'm not a fan. It wasn't appealing to me in Green Lantern or Green Hornet, either.

M
    They must show different versions of the movies up there in Mattlandia.

All the Marvel movies I've watched have been funny. This one has just been the funniest.
    edited August 2014
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

All the Marvel movies I've watched have been funny. This one has just been the funniest.
    As I've told people on a DC forum; Marvel isn't making comedies, just lighter tone movies. Are there quips & lighter moments in the stories, yup. The 8 other movies remind me of the Indiana Jones movies; action & adventure with lighter moments. I don't describe those as "funny" either.

Are all the other 8 movies in strung together with comedic moments like GotG? Nope. As Winter Soldier took 2 steps darker, GotG took 2 steps lighter.

M
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    Poor Turtles. Not does a thread about them get created in the Off-Topic forum, but then it turns into a discussion of GotG.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    (Imagine a sad face. . . with big nostrils)
    edited August 2014
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

As I've told people on a DC forum; Marvel isn't making comedies, just lighter tone movies. Are there quips & lighter moments in the stories, yup. The 8 other movies remind me of the Indiana Jones movies; action & adventure with lighter moments. I don't describe those as "funny" either.

Are all the other 8 movies in strung together with comedic moments like GotG? Nope. As Winter Soldier took 2 steps darker, GotG took 2 steps lighter.

M
    That's how you dance!

A couple steps one way, and a couple steps back the other way.

It's fun! You should try it some time.
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

M
    That's how youd dance!

A couple steps one way, and a couple steps back the other way.

It's fun! You should try it some time.
    I've heard the same about recreational drugs...but I pass on those too.

M
    Y'know... I'm starting to think somebody cannn't dance.
    edited August 2014
    That's a lot of posts for me to say, "and I hate running!"

M
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    His thread jumped the shark many posts ago...

His thread jumped the shark many posts ago...

Which brings us back to Ninja Turtles...

Nice segue

Hey, I got moves.
  • BattrusBattrus Posts: 4
    A lot of people are saying this is really good. I have to catch a watch, or at least DVD when it comes up.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Absolutely, after all, 1 out of 5 critics have said it was marginally entertaining and not remarkably awful. To me, that means young kids and die-hard TMNT fans should like it. if I show up at someone's house and they are watching it, I'd definitely watch it for a few minutes before drawing any further conclusions.