Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

A list of TV Shows/Movies/Commercials I'd like to punch in the face

2»

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited April 2014
    fredzilla said:

Torchsong said:

Welcome to Oldsville. :)

Don't worry. I've been a resident of there for some time now. You'll all be fine.

I don't get Adventure Time either. :)

I don't think it's an issue of age (well, maybe some of it is), but of taste. I'm in my mid-thirties and enjoy Adventure Time. There are plenty of things on these forums that people discuss and I couldn't care any less about.
    Agreed. I'm 42 and I love Adventure Time... now. When it first aired the commercials annoyed the crap out of me, and the animation turned me off. But then my daughter (who was 5 or 6 at the time) got into it, and I sat and watched a couple of shows with her. Then I discovered the brilliant, often very subtle world-building at the core of the show, and I fell in love with it.

I know it's not for everyone. The storytelling style can feel herky-jerky and a bit disconnected until you get used to it, but it's a very rewarding show to follow, especially once you get past the first season. For fans of continuity-driven storytelling, there are plot points that get touched on here and there, often when you don't expect it. It's like a big mosaic where you slowly fill in the pieces to see the bigger picture.

If you don't like it, you don't like it, but I would suggest giving it a second chance, because like me, you might be surprised by it.

And I like the voices quite a bit. In fact, I do a pretty decent Ice King—it goes over big with my daughter and her friends anyway. Yay, I'm the cool dad!
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Hated adventure time until I sat through a few episodes. Still don't love the art style but the show as a whole has a lot to offer. Much deeper than I ever would've imagined. its better than most any other kids show on tv IMO. Rather my boys watch it than most any typical boys action adventure toon.

Off hand my most hated commercials in general are car and truck commercials. My entire life they've all been the same and theyve all always sucked.

The "real anythings of anywhere". Or any so called "reality" show really. Shows like pawn stars are one type of beast (which I hate in certain ways), then there's the "real dancing home wreckers of Toledo" or "tattooed bachelor chef of Pittsburgh" or whatever. I want to know who in Gods name watches these?! Why?! How?!

99.9 percent of any commercials for home improvement stores, car insurance, satellite/cable tv, or cell phones. And near any prescription medication ad. Especially anything for depression or erectile distinction.

I positively loathe any commercial using only noise or sound. Like the kit kat ads. Or worse whatever that stupid tablet / laptop thing was that had the college kids jumpin and flipping all over the table for smacking slapping and clicking it. Ugh

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

* The series finale of "How I Met Your Mother"
    (Most irritating finale since what ... "Dexter"? "LOST"?)

* This commercial:

Wow, I actually thought HIMYM had an interesting ending (though I've only watched about a dozen episodes in its run) and I thought, next to the SHIELD finale, LOST was the best series finale ever. They are still the only 2 finales I regularly think about.

M.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Can I add the notion that every company needs a 'Flo' spokesperson. Even AT&T has added a corky female salesperson to its commercials.

M

Side note: I cannot get enough of the Mayhem commercials for AllState.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Matt said:

commercials.

I cannot get enough of the Mayhem commercials for AllState.

I enjoy them, too.

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Matt said:

Can I add the notion that every company needs a 'Flo' spokesperson. Even AT&T has added a corky female salesperson to its commercials.

M

Side note: I cannot get enough of the Mayhem commercials for AllState.

Love the Mayhem commercials and can't stand "Flos".

I would like to add Aaron Rodgers and his stupid discount double check. I have spent 15 years (since I was 17/18) using the championship belt (aka Belt Flashing) to taunt or celebrate in competetion. It's a prowrestling thing. Aaron Rodgers ruined it, and now it's the Discount Double Check.

Thanks buddy, you suck, and everytime I see those commercials I want to punch you in the face (I do give a nostalgia pass to Da Bears, in any commercial). I hope the Packers lose everygame you play in; ok, that might be my fandom more than the commercial.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    When I'm driving around I have sports talk radio on in the truck. There's an advert for a convenience store and another for an auto parts store that have this dumb ass music in the background that sounds like a bearing has gone out. IT DRIVES ME NUTS!
    I want to punch the guy that came up with that crazy sound in the face.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    Alright, in the last couple of days, I have a new hate.

McDonald's "Random Red Couch" commercial.

I cannot even explain how much I hate this thing. I have such unexplainable and over the top anger at this commercial and its stupid jingle that I cannot sit through it.

Random. Red. Couch.

Arghghghghghghghghgh!
  • Options
    Let me add NFL analyst Daryl "Moose" Johnston to my list. My God, the man *NEVER* shuts up.
  • Options
    A new hate for the holidays - the Ford commercials where the kids ask for cars via Skype with Santa and his irritating elf.

There were versions of this commercial last year, with the kids on Santa's lap that weren't quite as irritating because they were written better, with a bit more humor.

This year's crop, though... terrible. Ugh.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The Surface Pro 3 ad done to the tune of Winter Wonderland with the guy with the whiny voice. "I really want your Surface Pro 3".

Every person involved can EABOD. Every. Single. Person.