Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• little_witchlittle_witch Posts: 185
    Cool, when's the dealine for donations?
  • CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    The event is august 17th so plenty of time
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Great to see this. Great cause.

Now... How to decide? Which geek do I donate too???
  • little_witchlittle_witch Posts: 185
    Caliban said:

The event is august 17th so plenty of time

Cool, I can donate at the end of the month then.
    I might donate a little to each, just to keep it fair :P
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    cool stuff. I'll be donating soon.
  • CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    Matt said:

If it'll help away you, in honor of Jamie, I'm running the 10k...with the 5lb, metal 24" Cap shield strapped to my back. I'm betting it'll be a hot, sunny day, so I'm sure to hat reflective heat generator will feel REAL good by the 3rd kilometer!!

M

That has to be worth a donation
    I think this thread should be 'On Topic', it's worthy enough.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Matt said:

Caliban said:

Matt said:

If it'll help away you, in honor of Jamie, I'm running the 10k...with the 5lb, metal 24" Cap shield strapped to my back. I'm betting it'll be a hot, sunny day, so I'm sure to hat reflective heat generator will feel REAL good by the 3rd kilometer!!

M

That has to be worth a donation
    Thanks. I can only hope if things were different, Jamie would be doing the 5-10k wearing a utility belt or twin shoulder holsters with Colt .45s for me.

M
    lol, yeah, a big red scarf too.
  • Rod28Rod28 Posts: 63
    We need to start a campaign to get Pants to run the 5K. Who's with me?
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Rod28 said:

Run? I'll settle for him walking the 5k!

M
  • tommysheroestommysheroes Posts: 174
    As a Philly area listener I will be signing to run with you guys. Jamies Avengers Assemble! Excited!
  • Rod28Rod28 Posts: 63
    edited May 2014

I would donate to Pants walking.

• Matt said:

Rod28 said:

M
    Just chase him with some fruit.
    Tonebone said:

Matt said:

Rod28 said:

M
    Just chase him with some fruit.
    I've seen him run. Trust me, it would be more "follow him with some fruit."

M
    If you haven't been to the website, the team has been growing. Always room for more; whether you can walk 5k or run a 10k. Donations to the cause are always welcome.

For those interested; end of week 2, I've gone 5k (thank you 'couch to 10k' app). Come July I'll be slapping the shield to my back to increase preparation for the 10k.

And don't be surprise to hear the other guys have things in the work as well. #10k4JamieD

M
    Matt said:

If you haven't been to the website, the team has been growing. Always room for more; whether you can walk 5k or run a 10k. Donations to the cause are always welcome.

For those interested; end of week 2, I've gone 5k (thank you 'couch to 10k' app). Come July I'll be slapping the shield to my back to increase preparation for the 10k.

And don't be surprise to hear the other guys have things in the work as well. #10k4JamieD

M

Good to hear the teams growing. Come pay day @Matt you'll be getting my donation. I look forward to the pics of a cooked Matt with that shield shaped oven on your back!
    luke52 said:

Matt said:

M

Good to hear the teams growing. Come pay day @Matt you'll be getting my donation. I look forward to the pics of a cooked Matt with that shield shaped oven on your back!
    I greatly appreciate that; I'm just hoping people donate in general.

It's not one of my brighter ideas, but it'll be interesting as he'll wearing a 5lbs reflective disc on my back for 6 miles. I've got my own 'Howard Stark' working on a way to keep me from burning up.

Maybe Drunk Cap can offer some advice. Surely he's run long distances with the shield on his back!

M
  • I liked the posts, not only for what Matt is doing, but for the PITTSBURGH STEELER COASTERS?!?!?! Any chance to slowly convert the daughter to the PROPER NFL team is alright in my book. :D :D :D

I liked the posts, not only for what Matt is doing, but for the PITTSBURGH STEELER COASTERS?!?!?! Any chance to slowly convert the daughter to the PROPER NFL team is alright in my book. :D :D :D

Oh, you mean the dirty diaper coaster? Fi knows that's where the dirty diapers are place while she's being changed, followed by the trash.

She's a Pats fan. I've seen her Welker jersey!

M
  • PantsPants Posts: 567
    As was mentioned in Episode 1484, we've recorded a brief bumper for Jamie's Avengers that we're passing along to any other podcasts that want to play it. If you'd like a copy of it just send an e-mail to comicgeekspeak at gmail dot com.
    I expect everyone in Jamie's Avengers to warm up to this before #10k4JamieD

http://youtu.be/EFofqe26t-4

M
  • Matt said:

I expect everyone in Jamie's Avengers to warm up to this before #10k4JamieD

Way ahead of you, boychik--I've had this song on a nigh-continuous mental loop for nearly a month now. Nothing gets me moving like a good, upbeat Meredith Willson number, especially when Robert "Prof. Hill" Preston himself calls the steps as drillmaster!

• RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Good for you, Matt! =D>
  • ajcasperiteajcasperite Posts: 221
    That's awesome. Could you imagine some little kid seeing a guy running around with that! Oh my god, it's Cap!!
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

That's awesome. Could you imagine some little kid seeing a guy running around with that! Oh my god, it's Cap!!

"On your left."