Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

CGS Losers Club

I was listening to episode 1478, and Pants is taking steps to shed some pounds (and hopefully getting his collection in order). As I looked down at my belly and thought about my comics collection, I thought hey I want to join him on this journey.

I'm sure others might want to join and get spurred on.

Comments

• MacGillicuttyMacGillicutty Posts: 38
    edited May 2014
    Count me in.

Currently 238lbs
    Goal 200lbs
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Matt W
    Current weight 250
    Weight Goal lose 40 lbs

I like the way I feel at 205-210.
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Been on a mild diet since last may. Was over 260 then. Now around 198. Shooting for 190 by middle of July.
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited May 2014
    Began walking about 5 miles a day over a year ago. Was 190 when I started, now down to 165. Could go another 5 or so.
    dubbat138 said:

Been on a mild diet since last may. Was over 260 then. Now around 198. Shooting for 190 by middle of July.

A mild diet? Dude you've dropped 60 lbs in a year. That's great, and it shows a steady change in eating habits over the course of a year.

After I got married I didn't do as much walking in Athens (I didn't have too), and I started gaining a few lbs. I cut out red meat and fried food for almost a year and lost 20lbs. Then we moved and the diet got thrown out the window.

I'm really getting the diet kicked off next week (we've got to go to the atl this weekend to help my mother in-law get some stuff done). I've got a 4 step plan
    1) no red meat
    2) no fried food
    3) no sugary drinks with diner (includes a nice cold beer)
    4) 45 minutes on the eliptical

My weight goal for next friday is 143.
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    Hey, by the way, for those who are planning on doing some walking/running/cycling to aid in their weight loss efforts, I totally recommend the "mapmyfitness" app for Android/iPhone. You enter your height, weight, etc., and then it uses your phones GPS to monitor your workout and calculates distance, calories burned, pace, etc. It keeps track of all your workouts so you can see how many career miles you've gone, yada, yada, yada.

Good stuff.
    edited May 2014
    mwhitt80 said:

dubbat138 said:

A mild diet? Dude you've dropped 60 lbs in a year. That's great, and it shows a steady change in eating habits over the course of a year.
    All I really did was limit my soda drinking to one 16 ounce soda a week. Cut out all snacks. And cut down on how much I eat at eat meal. Plus sticking to my normal walk 2 to 4 miles a night. And now that it is warmer I have been paddling my canoe across the lake a few times each day. Down to 193lbs last time I checked. My goal is to hit 180 by this fall.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I just started using the "7 minute workout" app.
    Ok I had realy bad allergies last. As of this morning I was at 243 so my next goal is 236 for next week.
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I know I shouldn't be in this conversation, but I've greatly reduced my soda intake (my only real vice), have been doing daily sit-ups, daily push ups (increasing 5 count each week), & running 5k 3 times a week to train for the #10K4JamieD in August. Although I haven't seen the weight loss on the scale, I've dropped a notch on my belt & have pants that aren't quite as snug. I'm 4 weeks into the training.

M
  • SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Now that my employment situation has smoothed out, I need to get on this again, and I am hoping that getting some "fitness buddies" will help me stay on track. I love doing DDP Yoga, weight lifting...and I tolerate being on the treadmill or elliptical. I fluctuate between 240 and 250, and I want to get that down to between 200 and 210 simply because as a guy who loves to lift, I'm going to have some weight.

But I guess I'll throw my hat in here. I'm gonna be a loser!
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Soda is my kryptonite, I'm down to just two cans a day now though, one with lunch and one with dinner. Right now all I'm doing is getting some extra miles in of walking at work and using the Neila Rey workouts. I don't feel any smaller and I don't have scale a home, but I have had to tighten the belt.
    I was in the kayak yesterday for a few hours; it is so much fun. I'll grab a few fishing rods and my tackle box (in case I see a bass popping) and start in one direction.
    Did 6 laps across the lake today. But then had Krystals for dinner. So they nullify each other out.

Started a new workout routine:

Lifting and cardio T, TH, S and Sun
    DDP Yoga on M, F (and some other days if there is time)

Tuesday
    Back

Cable Rope Lat Pull Down 3*8
    Barbell Bent Over Row 3*8
    Barbell Bent One Arm Row 3*8
    Barbell Deadlift 3*8

Cardio

Elliptical Training
    60 min

Thursday
    Chest and Bicep

Barbell Incline Bench Press 3*8
    Barbell Bench Press 3*8
    Dumbbell Fly 3*8
    Dumbbell Decline Bench Press 3*8
    EZ Bar Curl 3*8
    Dumbbell Concentration Curls 3*8

Cardio

Elliptical Training
    60 min

Saturday
    Legs

Barbell Squat 3*8
    Leg Press with Wide Stance 3*8
    Leg Extensions 3*8
    Barbell Stiff-Legged Deadlift 3*8
    Standing Calf Raises 3*15
    Calf Press on Leg Press Machine 3*15

Cardio

Elliptical Training
    30 min

Sunday
    Shoulders and Tricep

Dumbbell Arnold Press 3*8
    Dumbbell Alternate Standing Lateral Raise 3*8
    Machine Reverse Flyes 3*8
    Dumbbell Shoulder Shrug 3*15
    EZ Bar Decline Close Grip Skull Crusher 3*8
    Machine Assisted Dip 3*8
    Cable Rope Triceps Pushdown 3*8

Cardio

Elliptical Training
    30 min
    I'm trying to get back onto the elliptical we have at the house. Getting back into the exercise routine is the hardest thing in the world. I can change my diet from crappy food to 85% vegetable without missing a beat and loving it. I just have the hardest time getting back into exrcising. Once I get started I'll do it every night, but getting started is hard.

I fell out when my wife got pregant and her father got sick/passed away then the baby came. So it's been over a year, but now that life has settled into a good routie it is easier to do. Tonite's plan is hop on the elliptical and get started.
    Is it near the TV? I have found that when I watch some things on TV, the time goes pretty quickly...in fact, I do my best elliptical times when I'm watching soccer, even though I don't watch it any other time.

Is it near the TV? I have found that when I watch some things on TV, the time goes pretty quickly...in fact, I do my best elliptical times when I'm watching soccer, even though I don't watch it any other time.

it is. I'll usually just put on dvd and go. It's just deciding 'I need to do this because it will make me feel better' rather than 'it's been a long day and I don't want to do this'. I actually enjoy the elliptical; after the first week or so it gets to be kinda fun.

I think the main reason I created this thread was to keep me accountible.
    mwhitt80 said:

Accountability is huge for me, if I don't have somebody to workout with, keep an eye on my diet and all that, I will not follow through.
    mwhitt80 said:

it is. I'll usually just put on dvd and go. It's just deciding 'I need to do this because it will make me feel better' rather than 'it's been a long day and I don't want to do this'. I actually enjoy the elliptical; after the first week or so it gets to be kinda fun.

It's why I joined up this time. And I'm the same way, once I GET to the gym, I love it, but I talk myself out of it. "I'm tired, I have to mix a podcast, I haven't had a night to myself..." Every excuse everyone uses. I have been putting video on my tablet (mostly wrasslin' shoot interviews) and that make the time go pretty fast.

Today was day one with the new workout. I've been lifting a "beginner's" workout since Jan 1, but it's been spotty. Today, only four lifts, but pretty big ones (all back exercises), so when I got done, I felt pretty done...only 45 minutes of cardio after.
    Had my first session with my personal trainer today. A lot more intense than I imagined it would and it was only an introductory session. Doing this three days a week along with nutrition and diet plan.
    Uggh this past week has been terrible. I fell off the wagon with food and too many it's been a long day.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited September 2015
    I had to go searching for this thread. How is everyone doing?

I'm planning on running my first 10k this October and have been issuing the Couch to 5K. I ran non-stop for my longest time on Monday (22 min.). Then today I shattered that with a 25 min. run. I'm not thinking I will be able to run the whole 10K, but if I can run a full 5K and maybe a little more I'll be happy.

More than that I'm hoping to drop some weight. It's difficult trying to curb my eating when my body is using so much energy. Those of you overweight and trying to get healthy, I'm right there with you. This is not an easy thing, but I'm committed.
    edited September 2015
    August was not a bust, but I needed to be more consistent with my exercise. My diet was actually pretty good, and my blood pressure has improved.

I'm hovering around 230, and I'm losing/keeping off about 3lbs a month. I also moved down to a size 38 waist just in time for my new pants to arrive. In a few months I'll be closing in on my college jeans (I still have my favorite 2 pairs).

Here comes September, and another month of making sure my lifestyle changes stick.
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I was 234.4 back in January. I weighed in at 200.4 this morning. Trying to hit the gym more days a week than not and trying high protein low fat foods.
    Great job man.
    I was at 255 and I got down to 219, Gained some of it back after being sidelined with some medical issues but I've been back at for about three weeks or so.
    edited September 2015
    On my third week of running three miles 3x a week as I train for my first 10k (I'm planning on running the first half and then seeing where I go from there. My goal is to get the whole thing done in under 1.5 hours).

If you told me I would be doing this six months ago I probably would have died of laughter. I still got a lot of weight I need to lose (which makes the running harder, but also more impressive), but I'm feeling better every day and surprised at the math of exercise. If you want more energy, you have to use more energy. How does that even work?

Honestly, every time I feel too tired to keep moving or just want to give up, I think about the shiznit pimp, @JamieD, and it keeps me going. Sorry, not sorry to get a little sentimental here.
    Running my first 10k tomorrow. A little nervous. I don't know why, but I hope I can get some good sleep anyway. If I die tomorrow, it's probably not because of the running, but because I'm skipping out on church.