Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

CGS Losers Club

2»

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    fredzilla said:

Running my first 10k tomorrow. A little nervous. I don't know why, but I hope I can get some good sleep anyway. If I die tomorrow, it's probably not because of the running, but because I'm skipping out on church.

How was the 10k?
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Man, I hurt all day Monday. Someone asked if it was a "good hurt," as I had the pride of finishing my first 10k to mask some of the pain. Nope. Still hurt like hell. But...

I did it! I walked way more than I really wanted to, but in the end I finished and hit my goal. I wanted to finish in under an 1.5 hours. My finish time was 1:23:33.

As I posted on FB:
    133 days. Hundreds of miles. Pounds lost. This number right here was what I was shooting for. I wasn't the fastest, but I finished and I hit my goal. 10k in less than 1.5 hours.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2015
    Cause of a knee injury I suffered while in the Army,I can't run. But I am still walking 3 to 4 miles each night.

I still haven't hit 190lbs yet. But thanks to early arthritis,I stopped walking for months.Now I got meds for the arthritis and back to walking again.