Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Captain America 2

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Hex said:

tazmaniak said:

Three actresses are reportedly in the running for the unspecified female lead. Anna Kendrick, Felicity Jones and Imogen Poots.

New York Post

She could be Sin, daughter of the Red Skull?

BOOM! That would be awesome!
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Matt said:

tazmaniak said:

Three actresses are reportedly in the running for the unspecified female lead. Anna Kendrick, Felicity Jones and Imogen Poots.

New York Post

Sharon Carter

I wonder if Black Widow will be in this one. Out of the Avengers line up, I think she makes the most sense (besides Fury of course)

M

Yes please Anna Kendrick. Yummy
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    rebis said:

BOOM! That would be awesome!

Pretty sure it is not going to happen... but it sure would be awesome.

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    None of the above please.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

That is a great idea. If that were the case I'd go with Anna Kendrick.

oh yes... :x :x :x
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Hugo Weaving makes it pretty clear he no longer wants to play The Red Skull.

Collider
    I [signed a multi-picture deal] for Captain America. I think the tendency, with those films, would be to probably not bring a villain back. They might for The Avengers, but I didn’t think I’d be in Captain America 2 or 3. I don’t think Red Skull will be there. And it’s not something I would want to do again. I’m glad I did it. I did sign up for a number of pictures and I suppose, contractually, I would be obliged to, if they forced me to, but they wouldn’t want to force someone to do it, if they didn’t want to. I think I’ve done my dash with that sort of film. It was good to do it and try it out, but to be honest, it’s not the sort of film I seek out and really am excited by. As an actor, to do all sorts of different films is great. It stretches you in different ways. But, I increasingly like to go back to what I used to always do, which is to get involved with projects that I really have a personal affiliation with.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Yes, he prefers elves and computer programs to super villains.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Perhaps he prefers not spending four or five hours a day in the make-up trailer.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

Perhaps he prefers not spending four or five hours a day in the make-up trailer.
    That's a great point.
    I hope that a little distance will change his mind. Weaving owned that roll.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    tazmaniak said:

New York Post

The girl's last name is Poots?

Elementary school must've been hell!
  • Options
    Hex said:

My Brother-in-law just got signed on as the Director of photography for Winter Soldier. He has been bombarding me with tons of questions, and I have been digging out my back issues. Lucky bastard has been hanging at the Marvel studios office in LA. I told him he should suggest they incorporate the Cap Wolf storyline!

Only if it's in the "end of credits" and Capwolf is peeing off a roof.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    rebis said:

Hex said:

My Brother-in-law just got signed on as the Director of photography for Winter Soldier. He has been bombarding me with tons of questions, and I have been digging out my back issues. Lucky bastard has been hanging at the Marvel studios office in LA. I told him he should suggest they incorporate the Cap Wolf storyline!

Only if it's in the "end of credits" and Capwolf is peeing off a roof.
    And he has to be attacked out of nowhere by a cosmic cube-created doppelganger.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Maybe they'll also declassify & show the flashback where Cap & Namor were captured & determined the corner to shit in.

M
  • Options
    Revenge's Emily VanCamp has reportedly been cast as the unidentified female lead, presumably Sharon Carter.

Deadline
  • Options
    tazmaniak said:

Revenge's Emily VanCamp has reportedly been cast as the unidentified female lead, presumably Sharon Carter.

Deadline

hot dog! :x
  • Options
    tazmaniak said:

Deadline

Hey Nonni Nonni!

I still think that Atwel should be brought back to play Sharon. It might be a conceit that movie audiences can't believe, but I think it would be great.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    rebis said:

tazmaniak said:

Deadline

Hey Nonni Nonni!

I still think that Atwel should be brought back to play Sharon. It might be a conceit that movie audiences can't believe, but I think it would be great.
    I agree, Atwel had great...talent and ability.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I wouldve been fine with bringing back Atwel. Change of hair and accent and modernizr her wordrobe and it wouldve worked great. Ill just have to trust their choice. I know nothing of this girl. Shes young and "cute" but thats all I see and perhaps too much so.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Maximiliano Hernandez (Jasper Sitwell) has joined the cast. He previously appeared in Thor and Avengers, as well as Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant and Item 47.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Robert Redford is in negotiations to join the cast, reportedly portraying an older member of SHIELD.
  • Options
    tazmaniak said:

Robert Redford is in negotiations to join the cast, reportedly portraying an older a member of SHIELD.

Wow. THAT would be awesome. This just keeps getting better and better. I wonder who this "older" member of SHIELD would be?
  • Options
    It's probably just me, but "older member of SHIELD" made me laugh.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    If he was a bit younger, he'd have been perfect for Quartermain.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Georges St Pierre is going to be Batroc! Best day ever! Favorite fighter is going to be favorite Cap villain.
  • Options

Georges St Pierre is going to be Batroc! Best day ever! Favorite fighter is going to be favorite Cap villain.

Hopefully this is played up for laughs, especially if they keep the moustache and ze terrible accent. Can't really see Batroc translating well to a live action film.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Hex said:

Hopefully this is played up for laughs, especially if they keep the moustache and ze terrible accent. Can't really see Batroc translating well to a live action film.
    I think it sounds awesome. I hope we get some crazy fight scenes out of this!
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    He probably won't be central but hopefully there enough to make me happy. And I pray he has the moustache and Georges has a thick accent so he just has to accentuate the "zee's". Screw the mainstream audience go campy!
  • Options

He probably won't be central but hopefully there enough to make me happy. And I pray he has the moustache and Georges has a thick accent so he just has to accentuate the "zee's". Screw the mainstream audience go campy!

I don't think there's much room for camp or humor in this film. We've been told the film will be a political thriller, so I'd imagine this will be a "heavier" movie than the first. You've got the whole plot of Cap discovering his best friend isn't dead and has been brainwashed into becoming a killer. Probably won't be too many laughs to be had.

I wouldn't be surprised if they played that character straight.