Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Beloved movies you don't care for

124»

Comments

• Options

Tonebone said:

Everything by the exceptionally shitty Tim Burton.

(with the exception of Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, and parts of Edward Scissorhands)

But… but I loved Nightmare Before Christmas! And Batman! (The first one, anyway.)
    And Ed Wood!
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited November 2014
    Tonebone said:

(with the exception of Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, and parts of Edward Scissorhands)

What about Ed Wood? Or Big Fish? Or Batman Returns, which is a terrible Batman movie, but a pretty great sideshow fever dream of a film. I used to love Tim Burton, then Planet of the Apes came out and now I'm pretty sure he was abducted and replaced with a plant based pod person.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Tonebone said:

What about Ed Wood? Or Big Fish? Or Batman Returns, which is a terrible Batman movie, but a pretty great sideshow fever dream of a film. I used to love Tim Burton, then Planet of the Apes came out and now I'm pretty sure he was abducted and replaced with a plant based pod person.
    Haha, I actually find Batman Returns to be my favorite Batman movie of the first 4 released before the reboot.

M
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Tonebone said:

But… but I loved Nightmare Before Christmas! And Batman! (The first one, anyway.)
    Didn't Burton only produce Nightmare?
  • Options
    I get a lot of dirty looks from my friends because I don't like Army of Darkness, Star Wars, or Red Dwarf.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited November 2014
    Whirlwind said:

I get a lot of dirty looks from my friends because I don't like ...Star Wars....

• Options
    dubbat138 said:

Tonebone said:

Didn't Burton only produce Nightmare?
    Produced it, wrote it, and created all of the characters and designs for it. True, he didn’t direct it, but he had such a strong hand in it that it feels more like his movie than anyone else’s.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

Whirlwind said:

I get a lot of dirty looks from my friends because I don't like ...Star Wars....

Yeah, pretty much just like that.

• Options
    miscatonicmiscatonic Posts: 59
    edited December 2014
    I have never found the attraction for the Christopher Reeves Superman movies nor Serenity.