Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Suicide Squad - The Movie *Now with spoilers*

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I wasn't impressed by the makeup. Maybe Russia hacked the voting?
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Speaking of prestigious awards for DCEU films, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice picked up four Razzies over the weekend -

+ Worst Screenplay
    + Worst Support Actor (Jesse Eisenberg)
    + Worst Sequel, Remake, or Prequel
    + Worst Combo (Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill)
  • Options
    They should now move on to some con cosplay contests!
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Movie's on HBO so gave it another look. I don't mind the first act and half. But after that it just falls apart
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    edited April 2017
    Part way in. So far, I'm on board with everything other than the tattoos. The whole tattoo-chic thing - see Shadow Hunters, Divergent - is way past overboard.

ETA: Finished it. I think that I went in with about the right level of expectation as I came away satisfied. It's not the Ostrander Suicide Squad, but it was enough.

The Good:

I was pleasantly surprised with Will Smith as Deadshot, though I'd still prefer someone unknown enough to actually wear the damned costume.

Margot Robbie was an excellent Harley Quinn. Costuming and character design (tattoos) were lacking but I liked what she overall added to the movie.

Viola Davis was an excellent Wall. Stonecold badass.

El Diablo was pretty much straight out of the books.

I liked the final act set design - the solidified blasts made for interesting visuals.

The June Moon - Enchantress transition - particularly in the briefing room - was inspired.

The Bad:

Way, way too much Joker. Worse still, not a good Joker.

Boomerang was uninspired and barely there.

Adam Beech was wasted