Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (Now With Current Episode Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Hrm. I don't know if this is a league. Maybe it's more of a society....

:p

Or Super Buddies.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    WetRats said:

Or Super Buddies.
    The Super Friends Society Of Justice

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Mihawk said:

WetRats said:

Or Super Buddies.
    The Super Friends Society Of Justice

Super Squad.

M
  • Options
    Descriptions of the three Mystery Characters:
    “THE TRAVELER” – A Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.

“FEMALE WARRIOR” - This twentysomething Latina is pretty but unassuming, book smart and socially awkward by day. But by night, when she hears the cry of battle, her fury is ignited and she becomes a fierce warrior — so much so, that sometimes she can become a threat to others.

“MYSTERY HERO” - An African-American male in his twenties will fill the role of a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations.
    The Traveler sure sounds like Booster Gold!

Could Female Warrior be Fire?
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    WetRats said:

I think you have nailed the first two.
    Any ideas about "Mystery Hero"? Spectre maybe? I think the "insanity" comment in the description is a clue.

Booster Gold, live action on primetime TV... will wonders never cease!
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    WetRats said:

“THE TRAVELER” – A Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.

“FEMALE WARRIOR” - This twentysomething Latina is pretty but unassuming, book smart and socially awkward by day. But by night, when she hears the cry of battle, her fury is ignited and she becomes a fierce warrior — so much so, that sometimes she can become a threat to others.

“MYSTERY HERO” - An African-American male in his twenties will fill the role of a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations.

Nahhh, it's gotta be Waverider. And Fire. Then they can have three characters with their heads on fire. Then Mystery Hero could be Black Lightning—okay, just plain Lightning—with his electric glow and lightning crackles coming out of his eyes. Eye candy for the win!
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    "Female Warrior" sounds like a combination of Fire and Ice's personalities.
  • Options
    If it is Fire, then perhaps Caity Lotz (sp?) will play Ice?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Wasn't there a release that these would be 3 characters never seen on live tv beforehand? Booster was on an episode of Smallville.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Wasn't there a release that these would be 3 characters never seen on live tv beforehand? Booster was on an episode of Smallville.

M

True.

Maybe whoever wrote the press release gave up on Smallville long before Booster appeared.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

M
    True.

Maybe whoever wrote the press release gave up on Smallville long before Booster appeared.
    I'm telling you, Waverider. ;)
  • Options
    Couldn't the third one be, possibly, Static?
  • Options

Couldn't the third one be, possibly, Static?

I considered that possibility, but I'm not sure if WB still holds the TV rights for the character.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    WetRats said:

Although, I always thought calling himself Hourman was giving his enemies too much information.

However, it gives his dates all of the info that they need.
  • Options

WetRats said:

Well, Elongated Man and Fire are both out -- Wells remarked on their deaths in an earlier episode.

They were listed as victims of the event. Like several others, they could have had origins rather than deaths.
    I'm pretty sure that the conversation exchange was one of who had been killed during the event -- but now I wonder. It would certainly be an interesting distinction, and would still allow for their possible appearances in the future. And I'm all in favor of that.
    WetRats said:

Although, I always thought calling himself Hourman was giving his enemies too much information.

Better than if he'd just been a Minuteman...
    Now, I have to go and watch The Specials.
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    Female warrior - Wildcat?
    The Yolanda Montez version?
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Traveller could be Booster, Mystery hero could be Blue Beetle. Mystery Hero could've been Vibe too, but with Cisco in Flash I doubt it's him.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    edited March 2015
    WetRats said:

Does anyone think that the "But by night..." phrase is significant? Maybe Night Girl from Legion of SuperHeroes (power out of direct sunlight)? or a werewolf like person? What about the hero Fury - so there's a kind of Wonder Woman-like character?

• Options
    Either this is going to be the most expensive show in the CW's history, or the actors will only be in 2-3 episodes each... an anthology... or SHOWCASE? Maybe culminating in a big event once or twice a season.
  • Options
    I hadn't even considered Hawkgirl because of the wings.

I'll be really curious to see how they avoid making them look goofy.
  • Options
    I still would have rather seen Booster than Rip, but Darvill playing a time traveler is quite funny.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I still would have rather seen Booster than Rip, but Darvill playing a time traveler is quite funny.

This is the first that I've seen the news on this bit of casting. It is very funny.

I wonder if they're carry over the "nose" jokes.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    From Entertainment Weekly:
    Hawkgirl—whose real name is Kendra Saunders—is known for being one of DC Comics’ first female superheroes, and comics fans will recognize her from the Justice League animated series. In the show, Saunders will be starting to learn that she’s been reincarnated over and over again—and that wings sprout out of her back when she’s provoked.
    Ummmm... what? Wings sprouting...?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    kgforce said:

Hawkgirl—whose real name is Kendra Saunders—is known for being one of DC Comics’ first female superheroes, and comics fans will recognize her from the Justice League animated series. In the show, Saunders will be starting to learn that she’s been reincarnated over and over again—and that wings sprout out of her back when she’s provoked.

Why not?

It helps differentiate her from Falcon.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I hadn't even considered Hawkgirl because of the wings.

I'll be really curious to see how they avoid making them look goofy.

Loves me some Kendra Saunders. I'm tuning in just to see they're take on the character.

One day, I'm going to think about the Johns/Morales Hawkman series and remember it for how good it was and not for how badly it ended.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

kgforce said:

Why not?

But not Angel!!!

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

kgforce said:

Why not?

But not Angel!!!

M

Angel's a footnote.