Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DC Convergence (Spoilers)

13»

Comments

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Got to Blue Beetle, Justice League International and Booster Gold #1s. These books make me happy.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited May 2015

I can't wait to dig into AzBats.

You may be left with 2 questions... Where is the costume? And, why is Bruce not pretending to be Matches Malone?

Made no sense...
    Wait....no AzBats costume?
    Read it yet?

I did not. I'm behind on my comics. I'm not quite ready for Convegence stuff until I finish my Earth 2 pile.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Swamp Thing was a really good read. Shazam was sublime!
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    So, Convergence 8...huh...COIE was foiled and therefore all the other reboot are moot. Yet we still have the N52? Any thoughts? What about Multiversity? How will Divergence play into this? Darkseid War?

For a boring, underwhelming story my interest is piqued.

[I want to see Pre-Flash point Superman (with Lois and Jr.) and Parallax during COIE]
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    popestu said:

So, Convergence 8...huh...COIE was foiled and therefore all the other reboot are moot. Yet we still have the N52?

What?!!!!

@-)

I have not been following this but now I am interested to see where this goes

• Options

popestu said:

So, Convergence 8...huh...COIE was foiled and therefore all the other reboot are moot. Yet we still have the N52?

What?!!!!

@-)

I have not been following this but now I am interested to see where this goes

I know, right?!
    I was following it...but now I am interested to see where this goes
  • Options
    Evening639Evening639 Posts: 368
    edited June 2015
    So, I just powered through Convergence #1-8 this evening (I already read #0 when it came out) and I have to say I really enjoyed it quite a bit. I found the story engaging, the ending intriguing and the characters interesting and likeable enough to root for.

In fact, after Earth 2 Dick Grayson finds his son, I hope that the two of them hook up with Telos and have all sorts of wacky Multiversal adventures. I would buy the hell out of that book.
  • Options
    The Blue Beele comic is my favorite mini of the year thus far. I loved how there heroes held off the Legion of Super Heroes for a bit.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,622
    edited June 2015
    So here's what's great about DC after multiversity. If my thinking is correct..

We have the idea of an omniverse (multiple multiverses). So we a multiverse where everything was preflashpoint, one where flashpoint happens but not convergence. One where the heroes stop crisis. Heck there is probably one out there where Superboy doesnt recreate the multiverse. You get the picture.

There is also , one which we will see in years to come, where the antimonitor wins crisis. One day someone will write a story where that guy starts devouring the omniverse.

I love the omniverse.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

There is also , one which we will see in years to come, where the antimonitor wins crisis. One day someone will write a story where that guy starts devouring the omniverse.

• Options
    Quick question. In Convergence, Dick was shot in the side (crippling him?) and received a metal suit to keep him alive. Now he's Batman. Where did he get trained to be Batman? Reporter school? Does the liquid metal give him the proportional strength and agility of a bat ? I feel like I missed something.

Anyone care to explain...?
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited June 2015
    A total of 9 Convergence collections solicited for one month. Main story is 1 hardcover plus 8 tpbs containing the tie ins. Even after the DCBS discount, it will be around $95. I am interested but it may be too much for one month.
  • Options
    Its not worth the money...
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448

mwhitt80 said:

I hope you're reading Darkseid War :)
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Booster Gold = Waverider?! Hmmm...
  • Options
    I find Waverider annoying. Always have. However, I like the idea of a Booster becoming a Waverider. It seems to fit.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    There's been a few similarities in costume color schemes, I suppose.