Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Now with SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Apparent Banner helped to design a Hulk fai-safe, as speculated. Whether or not that's the Hulkbuster armor, we'll see.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/mark-ruffalo-expect-hulk-avengers-age-ultron/story?id=29059100
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited February 2015
    Ugh.

The new poster is an eyesore.

It looks like it was designed by the actors' agents.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    WetRats said:

Ugh.

Avengers 2 - You're Gonna See It Anyway, So I Let My 12-Year Old Nephew Who Likes To Play With Photoshop Make The Poster
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

Ugh.

Which one? The US or International?

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Ugh.

M
    Both.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Ugh.

M
    Both.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    When I saw the poster, the theme to Gilligan's Island popped in my head. I couldn't figure out which were "the Professor and Mary Ann". Widow and Hawkeye or Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Now that I've had time to think about it, I'm leaning toward Widow and Hawkeye as "the Millionaire and his Wife" with SW & QS as the "Professor and Mary Ann'.
  • Options
    rebis said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Ugh.

M
    Both.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    When I saw the poster, the theme to Gilligan's Island popped in my head. I couldn't figure out which were "the Professor and Mary Ann". Widow and Hawkeye or Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver?

Now that I've had time to think about it, I'm leaning toward Widow and Hawkeye as "the Millionaire and his Wife" with SW & QS as the "Professor and Mary Ann'.
    and the rest.
  • Options
    It doesn't look any worse then the poster for the first movie. This poster has the group more together, whereas the first poster had them separated.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

It doesn't look any worse then the poster for the first movie. This poster has the group more together, whereas the first poster had them separated.

M

The cramming in of so many characters, resulting in the absurd shrinking of the "Professors and Mary Anns" in the Star Power Chevron shape is really clumsily-executed.

Yes, it evokes the previous film's poster, but it also teeters on the edge of parody.

To quote John Parker in Buckaroo Banzai, "It's a very bad design."
  • Options
    You also have this odd thing with RDJ's head being so much brighter that the other heads.
  • Options
    The actors are getting to share their character posters.

Much better.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

You've been good so here's a new #IronMan poster from @Avengers. & on the DL, big announcement in 8 days… #getexcited pic.twitter.com/AdB1tTib7K

— Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr) February 25, 2015

There is also going to be a "big announcement" in one week, according to RDJ's Twitter feed.
  • Options

There is also going to be a "big announcement" in one week, according to RDJ's Twitter feed.

I hope the big announcement isn't just, "Look! All the individual posters fit together!"
  • Options
    The glowy blue lines on Black Widow's costume are cool and all, but I sure hope she can switch them off when she's in stealth mode.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited March 2015
    WetRats said:

I hope the big announcement isn't just, "Look! All the individual posters fit together!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86GOaIVIIY
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    WetRats said:

The glowy blue lines on Black Widow's costume are cool and all, but I sure hope she can switch them off when she's in stealth mode.

Disney is still really trying to push TRON.

• Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Hex said:

WetRats said:

Disney is still really trying to push TRON.

Ow! My eyes!!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
  • Options
    Holy crap, does that look great.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    So excited for this movie. A rare time it pays to be in the UK for comic/geek culture!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    So, I just found this story on my Yahoo news feed.
    This cat is speculating that the gem on Visions forehead is the Soul Gem.

I guess it could be. I would rather see the Soul Gem in Adam Warlock's possession, but considering that there are a limited number movies to introduce all of the gems before Avengers, Infinity War. I suppose you got to use the titles you have to get everything in place.

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    edited March 2015
    rebis said:

I guess it could be. I would rather see the Soul Gem in Adam Warlock's possession, but considering that there are a limited number movies to introduce all of the gems before Avengers, Infinity War. I suppose you got to use the titles you have to get everything in place.

hmmm...
    That is an interesting theory. However, Vision has always had a solar gem on his forehead, so I think that dude is stretching and making bold assumptions.

HOWEVER, based on new footage that is in the new trailer, this cat (me) is speculating that Tony uses Loki's sceptre (the mind gem?) to power up his AI that becomes Ultron. All the Ultrons have the same blue glow. Probably the reason is all goes wrong.

• Options
    Hex said:

rebis said:

hmmm...
    That is an interesting theory. However, Vision has always had a solar gem on his forehead, so I think that dude is stretching and making bold assumptions.

HOWEVER, based on new footage that is in the new trailer, this cat (me) is speculating that Tony uses Loki's sceptre (the mind gem?) to power up his AI that becomes Ultron. All the Ultrons have the same blue glow. Probably the reason is all goes wrong.

Could that mean the castle seen in some scenes is a mission early in the movie. They find the twins, Strucker, & the scepter. Stark takes the scepter to use for a way to "end" the job of protecting everyone. It backfires creating Ultron.

After getting an ass whomping, the team regroups & confronts Stark...which takes the prior crack & makes it a crevasse between Stark & Rogers.

Intriguing...

M
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    It could be the Soul Ge..ah..Stone since it and Time are the two we haven't seen yet. They could use it to explain why Vision didn't turn out like Ultron..because he has a "soul."

Personally, I hope it isn't. I'd much rather see Adam Warlock recieve it from the High Evolutionary..but I won't hold my breath on that one.
  • Options
    Matt said:

Hex said:

rebis said:

hmmm...

Could that mean the castle seen in some scenes is a mission early in the movie. They find the twins, Strucker, & the scepter. Stark takes the scepter to use for a way to "end" the job of protecting everyone. It backfires creating Ultron.

After getting an ass whomping, the team regroups & confronts Stark...which takes the prior crack & makes it a crevasse between Stark & Rogers.

Intriguing...

M
    Could be. We are promised a "James Bond" type opening for the movie.
  • Options
    Matt said:

Hex said:

rebis said:

hmmm...

Intriguing...

M
    OK. We've figured out the whole movie. I can save ten bucks.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

Hex said:

rebis said:

hmmm...

Intriguing...

M
    What do you mean? You just send the $10 to me.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

Hex said:

rebis said:

hmmm...

Intriguing...

M

M
    The check is in the mail.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

Hex said:

rebis said:

hmmm...

Intriguing...

M

M
    The check is in the mail.
    Who's Jack Burton?