Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Now with SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

Hex said:

rebis said:

So, I just found this story on my Yahoo news feed.
    This cat is speculating that the gem on Visions forehead is the Soul Gem.

I guess it could be. I would rather see the Soul Gem in Adam Warlock's possession, but considering that there are a limited number movies to introduce all of the gems before Avengers, Infinity War. I suppose you got to use the titles you have to get everything in place.

hmmm...
    That is an interesting theory. However, Vision has always had a solar gem on his forehead, so I think that dude is stretching and making bold assumptions.

HOWEVER, based on new footage that is in the new trailer, this cat (me) is speculating that Tony uses Loki's sceptre (the mind gem?) to power up his AI that becomes Ultron. All the Ultrons have the same blue glow. Probably the reason is all goes wrong.

Could that mean the castle seen in some scenes is a mission early in the movie. They find the twins, Strucker, & the scepter. Stark takes the scepter to use for a way to "end" the job of protecting everyone. It backfires creating Ultron.

After getting an ass whomping, the team regroups & confronts Stark...which takes the prior crack & makes it a crevasse between Stark & Rogers.

Intriguing...

M
    OK. We've figured out the whole movie. I can save ten bucks.
    What do you mean? You just send the $10 to me.

M
    The check is in the mail.
    So you've paid your dues, @WetRats? You've paid your dues.

M
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Matt said:

Hex said:

rebis said:

I guess it could be. I would rather see the Soul Gem in Adam Warlock's possession, but considering that there are a limited number movies to introduce all of the gems before Avengers, Infinity War. I suppose you got to use the titles you have to get everything in place.

hmmm...
    That is an interesting theory. However, Vision has always had a solar gem on his forehead, so I think that dude is stretching and making bold assumptions.

HOWEVER, based on new footage that is in the new trailer, this cat (me) is speculating that Tony uses Loki's sceptre (the mind gem?) to power up his AI that becomes Ultron. All the Ultrons have the same blue glow. Probably the reason is all goes wrong.

Could that mean the castle seen in some scenes is a mission early in the movie. They find the twins, Strucker, & the scepter. Stark takes the scepter to use for a way to "end" the job of protecting everyone. It backfires creating Ultron.

After getting an ass whomping, the team regroups & confronts Stark...which takes the prior crack & makes it a crevasse between Stark & Rogers.

Intriguing...

M
    This is pretty much my take as well. The team blames Tony for Ultron (that and the fact he has created contingency plans for the rest of the team if they go off the rails - ala the "Hulkbuster" armour). The team is fractured at the end of the movie, leaving room on the roster for the twins and the vision (and potentially Black Panther and Ant-Man, and so on), leading into civil war in Cap 3.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited March 2015
    Hex said:

Matt said:

Hex said:

rebis said:

hmmm...

Intriguing...

M
    This is pretty much my take as well. The team blames Tony for Ultron (that and the fact he has created contingency plans for the rest of the team if they go off the rails - ala the "Hulkbuster" armour). The team is fractured at the end of the movie, leaving room on the roster for the twins and the vision (and potentially Black Panther and Ant-Man, and so on), leading into civil war in Cap 3.
    I have to find the link, but i beleivE they said Banner had a hand in creating a Hulk contingency plan.

No clue if it's the Hulk-buster suit though.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited March 2015
    I could see Civil War being about 2 Avengers teams. Cap could have his "Kooky Quartet" Avengers of Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Ant-Man, or Panther.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I was worried for a bit, but looks like the Avengers do beat Ultron.

http://youtu.be/1bPZIKv-A5g

M
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    Saw it on the big screen before Chappie. The Avengers 2 trailer really overpowers the screen, the Quicksilver punch to Cap looked amazing, the Hulkbuster/Hulk fight just floors me. I have to say Wheddon really seems to have repeated the energy of the first film and turned it to eleven. My sons and I are counting the days for that opening's Friday and we are all playing hooky.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    shroud68 said:

I have to say Wheddon really seems to have repeated the energy of the first film and turned it to eleven.

Sweet!
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited March 2015
    Noticed something interesting (and potentially spoilery) looking at the Avengers 2 Lego sets.

The Attack on Avengers Tower set includes two figures with Iron Man helmets identifies as "Iron Legion."
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    WetRats said:

Noticed something interesting (and potentially spoilery) looking at the Avengers 2 Lego sets.

The Attack on Avengers Tower set includes two figures with Iron Man helmets identifies as "Iron Legion."

I assumed that to be something like Iron Man 3, with all the suits of armor in Auto mode.
  • Options
    Correction: Iron Legion Drones.

White, with blue accents and gold faceplates.

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Makes sense given the push towards Civil War. Given how Cap is sure to feel about drone technology after the events of Winter Soldier, it should be contentious if Stark is continuing to push in that direction with his own tech.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Iron Legion Drone..isn't that what Ultron is crushing in his hands as he disrupts the "who can lift Thor's hammer" party?

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Iron Legion Drone..isn't that what Ultron is crushing in his hands as he disrupts the "who can lift Thor's hammer" party?

Look at Ultron's broken chest plate. I think it is safe to assume that Ultron starts off as a Iron Legion Drone (probably Tony's master plan for world safety), before he becomes self-aware. Tony's legion quickly becomes Ultron's Legion.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited March 2015
    Really revealing featurette on Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Worth your 75 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06a347bOGm0
  • Options
    This longer, 2nd TV spot is incredible. Worth your next 60 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WM915QsOyI
  • Options

This longer, 2nd TV spot is incredible. Worth your next 60 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WM915QsOyI

I saw this last week. My favorite part is Barton stating (at least to Wanda) "if you go through that door, you're an Avenger".

M
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Another great trailer, reportedly the final one. Welcome attention paid to Black Widow in this one.

http://youtu.be/hpazy0BHzxY

Only 24 days away...
  • Options
    Marvel has made it official, Joe Russo and Anthony Russo will direct Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2.

Meanwhile, Josh Whedon pinkie swears there will be NO post credits scene in Avengers 2, so don't bother sitting through the credits!

So no tease for Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel or Black Panther at the end... or even an ant-sized moment with Hank Pym. If true, this seems an awful lot like a missed opportunity and certainly breaks from tradition. Fans will be understandably skeptical.

I am.

• Options
    “There will be a tag,” Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige clarifies. That is, there will be a short, epilogue-like scene that pops up shortly after the credits start. “But there’s not a post-post-credit scene.”

At least we will have that.
  • Options

“There will be a tag,” Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige clarifies. That is, there will be a short, epilogue-like scene that pops up shortly after the credits start. “But there’s not a post-post-credit scene.”

At least we will have that.

Marvel has trained moviegoers to stay all the way to the end. Whether that's for the Howard the Duck moment in GOtG or the Avengers initiative in the first Iron Man movie. To come out and announce there is no POST credits scene, not a mid credits tag, but no scene at the end of the credits seems either like a head-fake or a missed opportunity (no Ant-Man moment to promote the next Marvel movie?). I for one will wait until the end, as I have been trained to do :)

• Options
    I'll stay too. Like you said, trained. But I'm happy to have the mid credits scene, if it's the only one.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I'll wait to the end simply because I always watch the credits, no matter the movie.
  • Options
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    My tickets for the opening day (23rd in the UK :D ) are booked. I'm excited.

I'll also be there until the very end.
  • Options
    Doesn't it seem a bit strange that the director of the film would suggest that moviegoers not bother reading the credits of all the people who helped produce the film along with him? Seems somewhat arrogant if it isn't a head-fake.
  • Options

Doesn't it seem a bit strange that the director of the film would suggest that moviegoers not bother reading the credits of all the people who helped produce the film along with him? Seems somewhat arrogant if it isn't a head-fake.

Or perhaps simply a kindness to the bladder-control-challenged among his audience.