Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Now with SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Thanks @TheOriginalGMan‌ it's these little bits and pieces that makes these movies great, not just good.

...still going to re-watch it though, it's as good an excuse as any :)
  • Options
    chrisw said:

The two-parters for Potter, Twilight and Hunger bother me more because they'd been able to fit the previous novels into a single film, so it's pretty blatant that the only reason they're doing it is for a cash grab. I don't think Hallows was even the longest Potter novel, though I may be wrong. Even so, that book had a lot of stuff that could be trimmed.

Well, to be fair, the first few Potter books were much thinner and covered less territory. “Sorcerer’s Stone” was just over 300 pages, where “Deadly Hallows” was nearly double that. And when they got to filming “Goblet of Fire” they started leaving stuff out in order to make it fit into a two-hour film; fans noticed. So they broke “Hallows” into two in order to get everything in. At that, I think it worked.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited October 2014
    Well, guess that would explain the broken shield and fallen Hammer in the trailer.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    edited October 2014
    Cannot wait. Hoping Maybe now ill finally get to see cap knock stark diwn a couple pegs if not right on his ass.
  • Options
    How the Age of Ultron trailer should have ended ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra1sBRLRFtc#t=44
  • Options
    And just realized, that would also explain the Captain America "flashback".
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited October 2014
    Planeis said:
    Had a hard time understanding/hearing a lot of what they were saying.
  • Options

Planeis said:
    They talked *around* what the "Maximoff kid" showed them. And Tony wants to stop wars before they end/ Cap is wary of it.
  • Options
    Yeah, thanks. It sounded like she showed each of them something individually? And it had a particularly adverse affect on Thor, or ... ?
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Interesting article regarding the Marvel movie logos.
  • Options

Planeis said:
    Found a transcript of the scene...

Tony: [chopping wood] Thor didn’t say where he was going for answers?

Steve: [also chopping wood] Sometimes my teammates don’t tell me things. I was kind of hoping Thor would be the exception.

Tony: Yeah, give him time. We don’t know what the Maximoff kid showed him.

Steve: I don’t know what she showed you. I just know it made you do something stupid. Earth’s Mightiest Heroes… pulled us apart like cotton candy.

Tony: Seems like you walked away all right.

Steve: Is that a problem?

Tony: I don’t trust a guy without a dark side. Call me old-fashioned.

Steve: Well, let’s just say you haven’t seen it yet.

Tony: Banner and I were doing the research–

Steve: That would affect the team.

Tony: That would end the team! Isn’t that the mission? Isn’t that the “why” we fight, so we can end the fight, so we get to go home?

Steve: [rips log apart with his bare hands] Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time.
  • Options
    Here's a better quality version of the Rogers / Stark scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1YhXHI3bs

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Here's a clever find... is Tony Stark the guy behind Ultron?

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I'm curious to see what Age of Ultron will bring for the rest of the Marvel Universe movies. Something bad is going to happen from this and it should be very interesting.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    Does anyone think Marvel might start making their books look more like the movies?

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

Does anyone think Marvel might start making their books look more like the movies?

Start? No. Too late to start:

(Not the same suits as the movie, but Morrison and Quitely definitely decided that on leather uniforms over four color supersuits, just like the movie from a year before)

But I think they will continue to use movies to help sell books, whether by look or by title. For example, here is the upcoming Rage of Ultron OGN, ready to sell to an audience who has already seen some trailers and promos:

And even in small ways they have cherry-picked things from the movies that have worked. Like Fraction and Larroca's Invincible Iron Man series started using the face-looking-at-the-heads-up-display close-ups of Tony that the first movie had made use of, to better keep connecting us to the person inside the suit. I'm sure there had been comics in the past that had made use of this technique, too, but that volume of IIM, coming out the same year as the movie, made use of the exact same "shot" in the books as the movie.

And I'm sure many other examples could be found. But I think they will continue to bring into the books the looks and characters (like Coulson) that people are liking from the movies and TV.
  • Options
    Do you think there is any possibility that the books will begin explaining (or retconning) Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as "miracles" or possibly "Inhumans" (if that is the cinematic origin) as the Avengers 2 release date becomes imminent? Or do you think the books will continue to stick to their origins as being mutants whose father is Magneto? Or do you think it won't come up?
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Do you think there is any possibility that the books will begin explaining (or retconning) Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as "miracles" or possibly "Inhumans" (if that is the cinematic origin) as the Avengers 2 release date becomes imminent? Or do you think the books will continue to stick to their origins as being mutants whose father is Magneto? Or do you think it won't come up?

Quicksilver has already been in X-Men: DOFP, so I'm not convinced they'll swap m-word classifications.

M
  • Options
    So you think that regardless of what happens with the Avengers 2 movie, the books will remain mutants whose father is Magneto. I'm just curious.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

So you think that regardless of what happens with the Avengers 2 movie, the books will remain mutants whose father is Magneto. I'm just curious.

Yup. Unless we fall back to an old discussion about Marvel & Fox's chess match.

Plus, although the source material will make some tweaks to mirror the movies (I'm not reading any of those books, though I recall the attempt to make Stark talk like RDJ), there won't be vast revisions. Wilson is still set to be Cap when Avengers: AoU hits theatres.

M
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Matt said:

Wilson is still set to be Cap when Avengers: AoU hits theatres.

M

And I think that would be a better cinematic resolution when Chris Evan's contract ends than replacing Cap with Bucky Barnes. Evans has Avengers 2, Cap 3, and one more pic on his contract.

However, Sebastian Stan (Bucky) signed a 9 picture deal, so he is the odds on favorite to eventually replace Chris Evans when (if) the shield gets passed.

• Options
    I'm curious to see what happens when Sebastian Stan takes over as Cap. If that happens. I hope Anthony Mackie will continue to be Falcon. It would be nice to see Bucky and Sam teaming up in future movies. MY question is what happens when Robert Downey Jr decides he doesn't want to be Iron Man anymore.
  • Options
    Matt said:

Wilson is still set to be Cap when Avengers: AoU hits theatres.

M

Ugh! I *hate* him as Cap. Well, okay, not so much him being Cap as the way everybody treats him as if he's actually Captain America. I mean they all call him "Cap" now and defer to him as their de-facto leader. It's so forced.

• Options
    I kind of like it. It's not any different than when Bucky was Captain America. I think it's the costume and the shield that brings out the confidence in the character. Like it did for Bucky and as it's doing it now for Sam. I like the idea of someone new being in mantle of someone different. Even if it's for a short amount of time. It makes for an interesting story and I am curious to see what Sam does with this particular costume and the familiar shield.
  • Options
    @jaydee74‌ Eh, I get that but, for instance, there's a scene where he's having a meeting with Nick Fury, and Fury keeps calling him "Cap." It just seems so stupid. When he was Falcon, he'd call him "Sam." And all the Avengers just automatically start deferring to him? What, putting the uniform on automatically makes you a master strategist / field commander? *sigh*
  • Options
    They ought to refer to him as Sam every now and then. Cap is fine, but Sam is still his name.
  • Options
    @TheOriginalGMan I could see Nick Fury calling Sam "Cap" as a way to re-enforce the fact that Sam is Captain America and maybe by calling him "Cap" is a way to get Sam believing it as well as others. Mind you this is just a guess. Also, it's not like Sam just put on the costume yesterday. He's worked with Steve for years and he's worked with Bucky. People usually defer to "Captain America" and I think Sam is going to make a good Cap. Not the same as Steve or Bucky but still a good Captain America.