Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Now with SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Matt said:

...and the Civil War set up.

You might be disappointed on that front. There's nothing here foreshadowing a Civil War style schism, if anything Tony and Steve are closer by the end than the beginning. There's more foreshadowing of Infinity War than Civil War.

What it does set up:

Klaw, Wakanda and a giant pile of Vibranium for The Black Panther movie.
    The New Avengers, now with 66% cheaper actors!
    And it writes out Tony Stark, Hulk and Hawkeye. Except Iron Man 3 already had Tony Stark ride off into the sunset once before and we already know he's coming back in Civil War. As is Hawkeye.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited April 2015
    Brack said:

Matt said:

...and the Civil War set up.

You might be disappointed on that front. There's nothing here foreshadowing a Civil War style schism, if anything Tony and Steve are closer by the end than the beginning. There's more foreshadowing of Infinity War than Civil War.

What it does set up:

Klaw, Wakanda and a giant pile of Vibranium for The Black Panther movie.
    The New Avengers, now with 66% cheaper actors!
    And it writes out Tony Stark, Hulk and Hawkeye. Except Iron Man 3 already had Tony Stark ride off into the sunset once before and we already know he's coming back in Civil War. As is Hawkeye.
    We get Stark & Banner in an epic battle destroying a large chunk of a city. We get a trimmed team. We get Stark riding of after his 'Project Ultron' approach failed. That's some good set up.

Not certain if Barton's family will play into Civil War. I'd hate to have them be killed as part of the storyline. Kinda disappointed it wasn't Bobbi. Out of all the team members, it's easy to picture him as the married one.

Wouldn't Thor returning to Asgard to research his dream possibly also factoring into Thor: Ragnarok? I understand it more then likely related more to Infinity War, but it csnt be ruled out.

M
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited April 2015
    http://youtu.be/AHPn5d7wRtk

Not my all time favorite Sesame Street parody, and it's more of a riff on the first one, but what the heck!
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    presales r thru the roof!!!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/28/age-ultron-presale-tickets?hootPostID=18a6426f5ab7a27dbfd4f27f968ae963

Age of Ultron advance ticket sales equal to all Marvel movies combined [UPDATE]
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    I've been taking some quick, spoiler-free looks at the reviews... no one seems to be blown away by it. Even the "fresh" reviews on Rotten Tomatoes seem tepid. I'll probably wait a week or two before seeing it. My family doesn't seem too enthused about it, so we may not see it at all in the theater.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    Disney sent the employees of my local comic shop some advance screening passes to see Avengers: Age of Ultron. That same comic book shop, Comics Conspiracy in Sunnyvale, CA produces a weekly podcast so after the Avengers screening they recorded a spoiler-filled review. I haven't listened to the episode yet, for I won't be seeing the movie until Thursday, but if anyone is interested in listening to what they had to say here's a link:

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/8/f/7/8f7df5398ae4396e/ComicConspiracy_Ep207.mp3?c_id=8884017&expiration=1430301467&hwt=dd598445b1fd9d3d708e9e751f93b606
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
  • Options
    WetRats said:

TOMORROW!!!

It's always a day away.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

WetRats said:

TOMORROW!!!

It's always a day away.
    It's only a day away.

The young people these days just don't know their Annie*!

*Be glad. It might mean you didn't have to grow up with a big sister in the '80s. And a VCR.
  • Options
    David_D said:

Lucky bastards.
  • Options
    For the record, tomorrow is indeed always a day away.

• Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    David_D said:

WetRats said:

TOMORROW!!!

It's always a day away.
    It's only a day away.

*Be glad. It might mean you didn't have to grow up with a big sister in the '80s. And a VCR.
    When I was a kid, one year my parents asked my little sister what we should do for my birthday. Emphasis on MY birthday, not hers.

She said she thought we should all go to see "Annie" performed on stage.

So that was the birthday I spent seeing "Annie" at the Paramount Theatre in Aurora, Illinois.
  • Options
    kgforce said:

I've been taking some quick, spoiler-free looks at the reviews... no one seems to be blown away by it. Even the "fresh" reviews on Rotten Tomatoes seem tepid. I'll probably wait a week or two before seeing it. My family doesn't seem too enthused about it, so we may not see it at all in the theater.

Yeah, I've been avoiding reading any reviews, but based on headlines and opening sentences I'm seeing on my newsfeeds, I'm not sensing a lot of excitement. I"m already seeing lists with titles like "10 Things Avengers 2 Gets Wrong" pop up.

I know that stuff's just clickbait, but seeing as how I expected the sequel to hit the ground running and deliver the goods without the baggage of setting everything up, I'm a little surprised.

I suspect I'll like the movie fine, but I think my expectations are a little adjusted in light of all that.
  • Options
    chrisw said:

David_D said:

WetRats said:

TOMORROW!!!

It's always a day away.
    It's only a day away.

When I was a kid, one year my parents asked my little sister what we should do for my birthday. Emphasis on MY birthday, not hers.

So that was the birthday I spent seeing "Annie" at the Paramount Theatre in Aurora, Illinois.
    Poor bastard.
  • Options
    chrisw said:

David_D said:

WetRats said:

TOMORROW!!!

It's always a day away.
    It's only a day away.

#OriginStories
  • Options

Well... sometimes less than a day away ;)
  • Options
    David_D said:

Sometimes its mere seconds away...
  • Options
    David_D said:

• Options
    David_D said:

chrisw said:

David_D said:

WetRats said:

TOMORROW!!!

It's always a day away.
    It's only a day away.

#OriginStories
    It would explain why I frequently put on a wig, red dress, contact lenses to block out my pupils, and rob banks.
  • Options
    chrisw said:

David_D said:

chrisw said:

David_D said:

WetRats said:

TOMORROW!!!

It's always a day away.
    It's only a day away.

#OriginStories
    It would explain why I frequently put on a wig, red dress, contact lenses to block out my pupils, and rob banks.
    It also explains why you stole the musical number of Fran Drescher's show The Nanny to have the theme "That's how I became The Annie"

M
  • Options
    deadpooldeadpool Posts: 56
    So i caught it a second time and much preferred it. really got more out of Hawkeyes performance this time around . seeing it in a packed cinema rather then the six others in Gold class also aided my experience of their reactions
  • Options
    TWELVE HOURS!!!
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    David_D said:

WetRats said:

TOMORROW!!!

It's always a day away.
    It's only a day away.

Mine was a little sister.
  • Options
    ELEVEN HOURS!!!
  • Options
    hauberk said:

David_D said:

WetRats said:

TOMORROW!!!

It's always a day away.
    It's only a day away.

And remember when you tried to tell yourself, "Punjab. Punjab is sort of cool. Right?", but you knew you were fooling yourself.
  • Options
    FIVE HOURS & FORTY MINUTES!!!
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Soooooo, in other words ... tomorrow? Bet your bottom dollar.

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    David_D said:

hauberk said:

David_D said:

WetRats said:

TOMORROW!!!

It's always a day away.
    It's only a day away.

And remember when you tried to tell yourself, "Punjab. Punjab is sort of cool. Right?", but you knew you were fooling yourself.
    Pfff! I was rooting for Rooster all the way through.

Also, Albert Finney > Jamie Fox. That is all.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

You don't have to wait. Wikipedia has the movie narrative posted. Match it with all the clips on YouTube & you can have the movie now.

M
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    Just watched it. Double feature with Avengers, both in IMAX 3D.

Awesome! I think I liked this sequel just a little better than the first one.

Got to see on the big screen the trailers for Star Wars and Batman v. Superman!