Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Now with SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

WetRats said:

Sometimes I'm tempted to ask, "guys, don't you know there's a mid-credits scene by now?"

I could care less if they don't stay after the credits, though. :p

As long as they don't block my view or jabber during the scene.
    Can't stand no jibber jabber from movie-leavin' fools, sucka.
    Ain't nobody got time for dat
  • Options
    David_D said:

A new generation is starting to get trained for this, though--

I think this whole debate would have been much more endearing if people were saying "special treat" over and over instead of mid-credit or after-credit sequence.

I'm inclined to agree.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
  • Options
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

Gratuity.

Um...

Shouldn't the audience be providing the gratuity?
  • Options
    So the Avengers played each other in Family Feud with Jimmy Kimmel and it was the greatest thing I saw on the net this week...and it's only Tuesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSYjs5RnlRo#t=496
  • Options
    edited April 2015

So the Avengers played each other in Family Feud with Jimmy Kimmel and it was the greatest thing I saw on the net this week...and it's only Tuesday.

Classic. I'm guessing that this is probably a good indicator as to how the Avengers team will be divided/split-up by the end of the film.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Check out some of the other Kimmel clips. The team plays telephone & take fan calls; 1 great call was from a "Clark" in LA.

M
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    11 MORE DAYS!!!! WHO IS WATCHING THIS ON THURSDAY NIGHT WITH ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Only 3 days for me!! Can't wait!!
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    luke52 said:

Us UK folk have it opening Thursday 23rd.

You guys get DCBS, but we get Avengers a week early :D

Enjoy!
  • Options
    deadpool said:

Got to say i came out slightly disappointed

This ain't avengers one by a long shot in my opinion. but its hard to blame the movie we have been spoilt. Cap and GotG where stand outs and Iron man 3 and Dark world dropped down for most viewers i think avengers 2 will rank in the middle of most folks ranking of phase 2 (although personally i think i preferred IM3 to this movie )

Lines don't hit the heights of past outings. Love story of Widow and hulk goes no where and ends before film is done probably never to be seen again . build red herring to hawkeyes death didn't work for me based on meta knowledge he is in Cap 3, so when quiksilver dies in his place i felt i did see it coming despite to what he says

Highlights however , I loved Andy as Klaw for brief time he was on. Paul betteny was amazing as the vision , nailed the character perfectly and James Spader might have been the best comedy in the movie. Special mention to two chris for strong character presence . Mirada of cameos was fun experience

Post credit scene was fun but in retrospect its basically what we got with the first film , its a thanos tease , least he is starting to seem proactive

just my opinion, lot to digest , probably a solid B rating, its a pretty good movie , just far off the original

Can "...probably never to be seen again" really be a fair criticism? We haven't really seen the next movie with the 2 to make that critique.

What does "Hawkeyes...based on meta knowledge..." mean? What meta knowledge?

M

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617
    Matt said:

deadpool said:

This ain't avengers one by a long shot in my opinion. but its hard to blame the movie we have been spoilt. Cap and GotG where stand outs and Iron man 3 and Dark world dropped down for most viewers i think avengers 2 will rank in the middle of most folks ranking of phase 2 (although personally i think i preferred IM3 to this movie )

Lines don't hit the heights of past outings. Love story of Widow and hulk goes no where and ends before film is done probably never to be seen again . build red herring to hawkeyes death didn't work for me based on meta knowledge he is in Cap 3, so when quiksilver dies in his place i felt i did see it coming despite to what he says

Highlights however , I loved Andy as Klaw for brief time he was on. Paul betteny was amazing as the vision , nailed the character perfectly and James Spader might have been the best comedy in the movie. Special mention to two chris for strong character presence . Mirada of cameos was fun experience

Post credit scene was fun but in retrospect its basically what we got with the first film , its a thanos tease , least he is starting to seem proactive

just my opinion, lot to digest , probably a solid B rating, its a pretty good movie , just far off the original

Can "...probably never to be seen again" really be a fair criticism? We haven't really seen the next movie with the 2 to make that critique.

M

I think the meta knowledge is knowing Hawkeye is in Cap 3. Might be wrong though.

I thought Thor 2 was awesome. Iron man 3 not so much.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Matt said:

deadpool said:

M

I think the meta knowledge is knowing Hawkeye is in Cap 3. Might be wrong though.

I thought Thor 2 was awesome. Iron man 3 not so much.
    I knew Barton was to appear in Civil War, so any setup would be spoiled. The word "meta" is throwing me off.

M
  • Options
    deadpooldeadpool Posts: 56
    Matt said:

M

They just seem to wrap up this Hulk / widow story . i get the feeling it will only be seen in this movie as it doesn't seem like it will have a place in Infinity War and hulk going off solo at end of this movie

Sorry by "meta knowledge" i meant Knowledge i had that the movie did not provide me with
  • Options
    deadpool said:

Matt said:

M

They just seem to wrap up this Hulk / widow story . i get the feeling it will only be seen in this movie as it doesn't seem like it will have a place in Infinity War and hulk going off solo at end of this movie

Sorry by "meta knowledge" i meant Knowledge i had that the movie did not provide me with
    I'm not stating it stinks it essentially ended in this one, but I can't fault the MCU for not picking it up until I see that it's left in the dust.

The Maximoff death makes sense.

M
  • Options
    Nice to see Iron Patriot is history. Welcome Back, War Machine!

M
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Just got back from seeing it, and I am far more interested in seeing a Russo brothers film about the team we have at the end of the film than re-watching this one.

Spader and Bettany are the best things about it. And if I ever see Hawkeye and Iron Man in a film again it'll be too soon.

The worst thing is it is yet another Marvel film where the finale involves a giant object falling out the sky. Four films in a row now!
  • Options
    deadpooldeadpool Posts: 56
    Matt said:

deadpool said:

Matt said:

M

I'm not stating it stinks it essentially ended in this one, but I can't fault the MCU for not picking it up until I see that it's left in the dust.

M
    True, i and i'm not judging those films yet to come, but this plot had so little impact and just didn't work that if they did or didn't pick it up it really wouldn't matter just as much as it didn't matter here (but the film does seem to end it so it won't effect any future film outings of these two characters ) . it was filler in a movie that didn't need it just to give Ruffolo more scenes . (which he is great in and does his best )

also hard when to get into a hulk/widow love story when a joke referencing Betty Ross is one of the best jokes (hulkbusters nick name is veronica )

• Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    12 hours later I realised that you aren't getting Adam Warlock any time soon, as he's basically been rolled into The Vision's origin and personality. Which might be why he's the best part of the film, he's this sudden burst of counter culture idealism in a film mired in military-industrial complex themes that Captain America: The Winter Soldier already dealt with better. Looking forward to more from Robot Space Jesus in upcoming films.

Unfortunately, I also remembered that Hawkeye's family were a Mark Millar invention to give Ultimate Hawkeye "motivation", and as we don't have a New Warriors to scapegoat for Civil War, I wonder if they will provide similar "motivation" in the film version. Hope not.
  • Options
    TheHotWindBlowingTheHotWindBlowing Posts: 58
    edited April 2015
    this is amazing, because i'm the one that doesn't care

all the trailers were enough

the movie adaptations are always watered down

they seem to purposely look noticeably different from the Comics

• Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited April 2015
    Seen it and enjoyed it a lot it wasn't better than Avengers 1 but still really good. Loved all the battle scenes the only thing I didn't enjoy was the humor it was just off.

Spoilers.

I loved how they created Vision I never thought one of the Gems would be the thing in his forehead. And they made a big push in progressing the Infinity Stones story.

Quicksilver dying wasn't surprising it felt like someone would die and he seemed the most expendable.
  • Options
    deadpool said:

Matt said:

deadpool said:

Matt said:

M

M
    True, i and i'm not judging those films yet to come, but this plot had so little impact and just didn't work that if they did or didn't pick it up it really wouldn't matter just as much as it didn't matter here (but the film does seem to end it so it won't effect any future film outings of these two characters ) . it was filler in a movie that didn't need it just to give Ruffolo more scenes . (which he is great in and does his best )

also hard when to get into a hulk/widow love story when a joke referencing Betty Ross is one of the best jokes (hulkbusters nick name is veronica )

Still another week until I can see the movie. Despite your & Brack's reviews, I'm still really looking forward to seeing this. I don't expect it to be better then the first because it set the bar & no one quite knew how it would work. I'm looking for the pure entertainment of this one.

...and the Civil War set up.

M