Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Now with SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Matt said:

Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

A bit curious about not seeing the Vision or Falcon. I suppose this being labelled a "teaser" is just that. There will be so much more...

I'm really looking forward to this.

No surprise for a lack of Vision. I would've been very surprise if I saw Falcon. I didn't read anywhere he was to be in the movie.

M
    I'll be sad if he's not. Falcon was, surprisingly, one of my favorite parts of Cap II. Vision I don't expect to until the 3rd act.
    With Cap and Falcon taking off at the end of Winter Soldier, presumably to work together / go on adventures together, I'd be very surprised if we don't see him in this installment. We already know we're going to see Rhodey / War Machine. He appeared int he trailer.
    I'm actually hoping he isn't. Not because I didn't think he kicked ass, but because I don't want this to fall into one of my numerous concerns for BvS:DoJ; too many characters. I'd gladly sacrifice a quick Falcon cameo or scene for an extra couple moments for Black Panther.

M
    I think a Falcon cameo makes much more sense than introducing a new character like T'Challa. A mention of Wakanda is enough for this installment. From what I've heard, Marvel is looking at Cap 3 as sort of an Avengers 2.5. In other words, another ensemble picture, and it may feature Cap's new team of Avengers from the end of Age of Ultron - Falcon, War Machine, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, and probably The Vision.

I've also heard that the Russo Brothers are in talks to direct Avengers 3 and possibly 4, tying it all together so that at the end of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, Tony Stark retires from The Avengers and possibly even from being Iron Man, feeling responsible for what happened with Ultron - his brainchild. I'm guessing that Stark presumes that these Marvels in the Age of Miracles are too unregulated. And with SHIELD compromised, there's no one to keep tabs on these superhumans. This attitude puts him in direct conflict with Cap. Those negotiations RDJ recently referred to could presumably be his major appearance in Cap 3, setting up the Civil War storyline.

All supposition, theory, and hypothesis...

I disagree; you've got a broken vibranium shield, you've got Ulysses Klaw...it's practically written to include him.

M
    To be fair, I think we are far from sure that we've really got Ulysses Klaw, right? I thought some blogger just saw the shape of Serkis' beard, and Klaw is like the best beard match he could make in the OHOTMU. Or has that guess been corroborated in some other way?
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    So I'm NOT hearing you suppose that they're keeping a Black Panther appearance and casting in Avengers 2 completely under wraps, right? Just leading to it in a later installment. After all, they couldn't even keep the first trailer from leaking a week early.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

A bit curious about not seeing the Vision or Falcon. I suppose this being labelled a "teaser" is just that. There will be so much more...

No surprise for a lack of Vision. I would've been very surprise if I saw Falcon. I didn't read anywhere he was to be in the movie.

M
    I'll be sad if he's not. Falcon was, surprisingly, one of my favorite parts of Cap II. Vision I don't expect to until the 3rd act.
    With Cap and Falcon taking off at the end of Winter Soldier, presumably to work together / go on adventures together, I'd be very surprised if we don't see him in this installment. We already know we're going to see Rhodey / War Machine. He appeared int he trailer.
    I'm actually hoping he isn't. Not because I didn't think he kicked ass, but because I don't want this to fall into one of my numerous concerns for BvS:DoJ; too many characters. I'd gladly sacrifice a quick Falcon cameo or scene for an extra couple moments for Black Panther.

M
    Don't get me wrong I want to see Black Panter get the love he deserves. The scenes of the Falcon in flight were just great to me and i absolutely want to see more of that. IF I have to wait for Cap 3 to see the Falson shine in order for T'Challa to be introduced, I'm okay with that.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    David_D said:

Matt said:

Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M

M
    I think a Falcon cameo makes much more sense than introducing a new character like T'Challa. A mention of Wakanda is enough for this installment. From what I've heard, Marvel is looking at Cap 3 as sort of an Avengers 2.5. In other words, another ensemble picture, and it may feature Cap's new team of Avengers from the end of Age of Ultron - Falcon, War Machine, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, and probably The Vision.

I've also heard that the Russo Brothers are in talks to direct Avengers 3 and possibly 4, tying it all together so that at the end of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, Tony Stark retires from The Avengers and possibly even from being Iron Man, feeling responsible for what happened with Ultron - his brainchild. I'm guessing that Stark presumes that these Marvels in the Age of Miracles are too unregulated. And with SHIELD compromised, there's no one to keep tabs on these superhumans. This attitude puts him in direct conflict with Cap. Those negotiations RDJ recently referred to could presumably be his major appearance in Cap 3, setting up the Civil War storyline.

All supposition, theory, and hypothesis...

I disagree; you've got a broken vibranium shield, you've got Ulysses Klaw...it's practically written to include him.

M
    To be fair, I think we are far from sure that we've really got Ulysses Klaw, right? I thought some blogger just saw the shape of Serkis' beard, and Klaw is like the best beard match he could make in the OHOTMU. Or has that guess been corroborated in some other way?
    I've heard the rumbles in a few places. It would make sense considering the actor. Serkis is use to being a CGI character.

M
  • Options

So I'm NOT hearing you suppose that they're keeping a Black Panther appearance and casting in Avengers 2 completely under wraps, right? Just leading to it in a later installment. After all, they couldn't even keep the first trailer from leaking a week early.

It could happen. Can't rule that nugget out.

M
  • Options
    random73 said:

Matt said:

random73 said:

Matt said:

M

M
    Don't get me wrong I want to see Black Panter get the love he deserves. The scenes of the Falcon in flight were just great to me and i absolutely want to see more of that. IF I have to wait for Cap 3 to see the Falson shine in order for T'Challa to be introduced, I'm okay with that.
    Even if it's just a scene with Cap, Rhodey, Stark & the boys (and girls) sitting around at a get together (I believe there's an image where they're Chil-laxing)?

I rather get some great Wilson stuff then a costumeless sit around.

BUT they better make up for it in Cap 3!

M
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    Planeis said:

bamfbamf said:

and i'm really not digging the quicksilver and scarlett witch casting... im not digging their costumes either

What "costumes" are you seeing?
    YES! not feeling it!! or the actor/actress
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

Tony Stark, making friends since 2008.
  • Options
    Well, they figure they've paid a lot for that face...
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Waiting till I can see it on my tv.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And here's why I believe the trailer leak was more of a "leak".

Next week's Agents of SHIELD to have new footage that wasn't in the trailer

So the playbook becomes:
    1. Announce the trailer release date, plugging/reminding people there is this SHIELD show that not enough people seem to be watching.
    2. "Leak" trailer, so social media lights up with 'watch it quick before they take it down!'
    3. Release HD trailer in all the usual places, and those excited about the leak probably watch it again in high quality (I know I did). Get the buzz and excitement going. Get it trending. And then...
    4. Have me mentioned that SHIELD show? Now that you are stoked for Avengers 2, watch Agents of SHIELD next week to see a little more of it.

Well-played, Marvel.
  • Options
    David_D said:

So the playbook becomes:
    1. Announce the trailer release date, plugging/reminding people there is this SHIELD show that not enough people seem to be watching.
    2. "Leak" trailer, so social media lights up with 'watch it quick before they take it down!'
    3. Release HD trailer in all the usual places, and those excited about the leak probably watch it again in high quality (I know I did). Get the buzz and excitement going. Get it trending. And then...
    4. Have me mentioned that SHIELD show? Now that you are stoked for Avengers 2, watch Agents of SHIELD next week to see a little more of it.

Well-played, Marvel.

The TV series is struggling? I wonder why the interest has decreased.

M
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    I could see Falcom making an appearance, if for no other reason than to keep his character relevant. But I don't think he would have to be heavily involved in the movie.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

The trailer or the movie?
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030

Oh the trailer of course. I don't want to wait till May 1 as it is! :) I want to see it on IMAX Day 1!
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Oh the trailer of course. I don't want to wait till May 1 as it is! :) I want to see it on IMAX Day 1!
    Hoo-rah.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Matt said:

David_D said:

So the playbook becomes:

Well-played, Marvel.

M
    Probably because DC are making much better comic book TV shows right now.
  • Options
    Interesting. Are the DC shows on the same date & time? Or is this a perceived "quality" issue?

M
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Not too sure about you guys, but they don't clash in the UK. I think the DC shows are good quality stand alone series'. Shield comes across as a supplement to the Marvel cinematic universe. Would it be getting those ratings if the show wasn't a part of the MCU? I think they'd be lower. I like shield, I just don't think it's up to the same quality level as Arrow, Flash or Gotham. For me it's a question of how strong are the characters and story, and DC shows are winning right now in my eyes.
  • Options
    Flash and Arrow maybe, but I feel it is superior to Gotham.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Matt said:

I am going to go with the classic, "it's not a good television show".

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Looks like MAoS is getting slightly more viewers than Flash. Not sure what that signifies.
  • Options
    Actually a huge problem (yes this is still a factor) is that the show on right before Shield was Manhattan Love Story, a terrible pairing, and also one of the worst rated new shows and the first cancellation of the season. It killed whatever lead-in Shield might have gotten. I dont think double helpings of Selfie are going to do much for the show either. But ABC is one of the worst schedulers on TV.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited October 2014
    There is a brief snippet in the trailer at about the 1:30 mark of Steve Rogers in what appears to be a scene set back in World War II:

I've read speculation that Howard Stark is supposed to be the other man in this scene. Frankly, I see no evidence to support that. It got me wondering though why the hell they'd have to do a WWII flashback in an Ultron-based movie? And then it hit me ... the Human Torch! We supposedly caught a glimpse of the Torch in the original Cap movie at the World's Fair, plus, in the comics, the Torch's body was used to create the Vision (well, at least it used to be that way. I can't keep it straight anymore).

In the screengrab, you can see several MPs on the right and Rogers appears to have a concerned look on his face, which would lead you to believe there is some sort of disturbance going on. Is the left hand side of the shot hazy from the lights ... or is it perhaps smoke? You know ... perhaps from a "man" who caught on fire? [/wishful thinking]
  • Options
    One other screengrab I want to run by you. At the 56 second mark is a clip of someone diving for cover from what appears to be an explosion of some sort. Is it just me, or does this appear to resemble a superhero type costume?

• Options
    It was the Human Torch at the World's Fair.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

M

Yup. Remove the word "supposedly" from my prior post. Phrased it wrong.

• Options

Matt said:

M

Yup. Remove the word "supposedly" from my prior post. Phrased it wrong.

I figured; I've been just dealing with some a-holes who are taking Hulk level leaps to conclusions (apparently, Stark is a Batman ripoff because he's a brooding, wealthy philanthropist...and Batman wore armor before Stark first appeared), wasn't certain if there were some conspiracy theories on this site too.

M