Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1560 Talkback - Spotlight on Daredevil in the 1980s and 1990s

2»

Comments

• Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    penn2k said:

First, I'd like to say a big "Thank You" to Chris and Murd - gained at least a half-dozen new vocabulary words listening to this episode.

Secondly, I will also defend the armored DD costume introduced in the 90s. It made a lot more sense than red spandex for someone with low-level powers that constantly got his a** kicked. Remember joining the Bowen Statue Collector's club so I could get the Limited Edition Armoured Version of the DD bust:

I especially like the Lego men
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

I was never all that impressed with the suit of armor. Yeah, I could also be a 'man without fear' if I wore a suit of armor.

We might need to see you do a back flip in a suit of armor.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    popestu said:

I was never all that impressed with the suit of armor. Yeah, I could also be a 'man without fear' if I wore a suit of armor.

But could you toss that billy club like cap tosses his shield?
    Blind, no less?
  • Options
    That's crazy talk
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    One of the Fall from Grace parts was my first Daredevil comic! Remember Hellspawn, the leftover Daredevil? I was confused by him back then.

(I haven't listened to the episode before, but maybe he was mentioned!)

marvunapp.com/Appendix/hellspaw.htm

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

One of the Fall from Grace parts was my first Daredevil comic! Remember Hellspawn, the leftover Daredevil? I was confused by him back then.

Oh yes, Hellspawn was indeed mentioned.
  • Options
    Haven't been on these forums in a LONG time. But lately I've been having a 2nd wind when it comes to DD. Loved this episode. For those interested there is a trade that collects some of the Nocetti run. It is called "Lone Stranger". I had read some of the issues back in the day but just read the trade last night. Not awful. Not good. JRJ's art is nice in it. Weirdly disjointed stories though.

I met Lee Weeks last year at a con. Really nice guy. Got him to sign my trade of the Fall of the Kingpin book. For those interested the story "Last Rites" from DD #297-300 is collected under this title and not called "Last Rites" on the cover of the trade.

I remember when the Fall from Grace story first came out really wanting to like it. I think I convinced myself at the time that it was ok. I decided to pick up the recent epic collection that came out. My god man! could barely get past the first couple of issues.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    I think I can only say "Thanks for the episode, gentlemen!" I loved everybody's comments on this era of Daredevil, most of which is very spotty for me. I've read most of Miller's stuff, probably most of Nocenti's, hardly any of the stuff following that up to issue #380. Then I had to go back and get most of Smith's run. Anyway, these spotlight always bring back happy memories of reading comics even if the material in some cases, wasn't that good.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    Or could you play that guitar like ringing a bell?
  • Options
    Bell?! I've got a fever and the prescription is more cowbell
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Oh yes, Hellspawn was indeed mentioned.
    Caught up. I enjoyed the explanation from CGS :)