Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1573 Talkback - Previews

2»

Comments

• Options

The fault, for me, lies in the writing of David Goyer. I actually have met him and can say that I found him pompous, arrogant and out of touch with what connects fans to these heroes. He told me, Superman killed Zod because he hadn't yet learned not to kill. Now that lesson has been learned and we'll address that in the next movie. WTF?!?!?! Clark Kent grew up in America, same place as me. Growing up with American values that "lesson" is one that is inherent in our society, no one had to teach it to me. It's pretty easy to do, I am sitting her typing this right now and NOT KILLING. Goyer is a moron and as long as he is involved with DC movies I have my reservations about the essence of the characters coming across on the big screen. Don't even get me started on the She-Hulk and Martian Manhunter quotes http://www.hitfix.com/comedy/3-horrifically-wrong-quotes-about-superheroes-from-writer-david-goyer

I'm uneasy about your comparison of you not killing while sitting there to Superman's while in the situation he was in. Also, our society has a propensity to go to war.
  • Options

The fault, for me, lies in the writing of David Goyer. I actually have met him and can say that I found him pompous, arrogant and out of touch with what connects fans to these heroes. He told me, Superman killed Zod because he hadn't yet learned not to kill. Now that lesson has been learned and we'll address that in the next movie. WTF?!?!?! Clark Kent grew up in America, same place as me. Growing up with American values that "lesson" is one that is inherent in our society, no one had to teach it to me. It's pretty easy to do, I am sitting her typing this right now and NOT KILLING. Goyer is a moron and as long as he is involved with DC movies I have my reservations about the essence of the characters coming across on the big screen. Don't even get me started on the She-Hulk and Martian Manhunter quotes http://www.hitfix.com/comedy/3-horrifically-wrong-quotes-about-superheroes-from-writer-david-goyer

I'm uneasy about your comparison of you not killing while sitting there to Superman's while in the situation he was in. Also, our society has a propensity to go to war.
    That is more tongue in cheek than anything. The point I was making was that the Superman I grew up reading had very strong values instilled in him by Ma and Pa Kent. That very important aspect of the character seems to have been done away with by Goyer. I don't necessarily have a huge problem with him killing Zod. I DO have a problem with Goyer's explanation.

Also I don't think saying our society having a propensity for war has anything to do with individual decisions. Or the value each of us as individuals place on the value of a life. Or are you saying that as individuals that make up a societal whole we go to war for the express purpose of killing, rather than for other reasons. Furthermore my point about the learning the value of human life while growing up in an American society is a lesson I believe is taught by that society to an individual. It is not meant to reflect how that entire society acts when considered as a whole. By this I mean how realistic is it to think that one person who doesn't value life or has not learned that lesson could make the decision for the whole society to go to war? Really this is tangential at best to my original statement and that is assuming that I even agree that American society has a propensity to go to war.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I just read that the new Master Race series will have a mini-comic by Miller that again features the Atom. A reminder to some that there were SOME cool moments in Dark Knight Strikes Back (aka DK2):

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited October 2015
    I just submitted my dcbs order, and this is the first time I've not bought any Marvel.
    I am super excited about Our Expanding Universe. I'm not sure Alex Robinson can write anything but excellent books.
    I'm also really interested in DK3, though I'm going to have to pass on Miller or Lee variants.
    Ghostbusters Annual 2015 is going to great, thankyou Jamie D for turning me onto this book. Ghostbusters has been one of the best comics being published since IDW restarted it.
    I'm giving Ultraman volume 2 a over the last 3 years I've decided to give some Japanese (and European) a shot.