Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: General News and Discussion.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Game of Thrones season 3 trailer (it's only been viewed like 10,000,000+ times in the three days that it's been posted).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzI9v_B4sxw

I really need to get into this show.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Fox gives early renewals to The Following, New Girl, Raising Hope and The Mindy Project.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited March 2013
    How I wish I could watch their journey for the first time again:

photo lost-1_zps26a8ba38.jpg

I miss them.
  • Options
    Poster for Netflix's upcoming horror series, Hemlock Grove.

• Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Jon Stewart has announced he's taking the summer off from The Daily Show...just as people at NBC are floating a trail balloon that they may be showing Jay the door (again) in 2014.

Interesting...

I'm sure that Jimmy Fallon has the Tonight Show as part of his NBC deal, but who would host Late Night after he leaves....
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

Jon Stewart has announced he's taking the summer off from The Daily Show...just as people at NBC are floating a trail balloon that they may be showing Jay the door (again) in 2014.

Interesting...

I'm sure that Jimmy Fallon has the Tonight Show as part of his NBC deal, but who would host Late Night after he leaves....

He's doing it to direct a film.

But, as much as I like Stewart, in the last year or so I've begun to feel like he's at least got the beginnings of burnout. I don't see him jumping to NBC, but I do think this indicates a willingness to move on in the future. I can't remember another time when a talk show host took that much time off for another project.
  • Options

I miss them.

I've never seen it, and know very little about it. Other than it's the poster child for the trope, Poor Communication Kills.

I plan to marathon a bunch of episodes, like I did with BGS and the Shield.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003

I miss them.

I've never seen it, and know very little about it. Other than it's the poster child for the trope, Poor Communication Kills.

If you do, then you absolutely must begin with the first season.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    tazmaniak said:

The CW starts casting The Tomorrow People.

Robbie Amell will play the series lead, Stephen. He will be a tormented man who longs to be normal and is relieved when he learns that he’s not crazy but rather part of a group of genetically superior “Tomorrow People.”

Peyton List will play Cara, the female member of the “Tomorrow People” group who has a sense of humor beneath her serious demeanor and seems to be a trustworthy ally.

Luke Mitchell will play John Young, a member of the Tomorrow People with a specialty in teleportation who is instrumental in recruiting other gifted people to the group.

Mark Pellegrino will play Dr. Jedikiah Price, an evolutionary biologist committed to containing the threat posed by the “Tomorrow People,” whom he believes to be a grave danger to the human race.

Huh. On the one hand, it's the CW, so this could go really wrong, but it could also turn out kinda cool, too. I hope they keep some version of the original theme music, though!
  • Options

tazmaniak said:

The CW starts casting The Tomorrow People.

Robbie Amell will play the series lead, Stephen. He will be a tormented man who longs to be normal and is relieved when he learns that he’s not crazy but rather part of a group of genetically superior “Tomorrow People.”

Peyton List will play Cara, the female member of the “Tomorrow People” group who has a sense of humor beneath her serious demeanor and seems to be a trustworthy ally.

Luke Mitchell will play John Young, a member of the Tomorrow People with a specialty in teleportation who is instrumental in recruiting other gifted people to the group.

Mark Pellegrino will play Dr. Jedikiah Price, an evolutionary biologist committed to containing the threat posed by the “Tomorrow People,” whom he believes to be a grave danger to the human race.

Huh. On the one hand, it's the CW, so this could go really wrong, but it could also turn out kinda cool, too. I hope they keep some version of the original theme music, though!
    I think they're looking at another potential hit. The Vampire Diaries and Arrow have been the biggest hits created by the CW, and this show teams up The Vampire Diaries co-creator, Julie Plec, and Arrow co-creator, Greg Berlanti, as executive producers. They're combining the creative talents of their top shows in hopes of creating a third hit. Phil Klemmer, who previously worked as a writer, producer and story editor on Veronica Mars and Chuck is tackling the script.

I have faith the new version will remain somewhat faithful and in the spirit of the original, but with a new spin and new ideas. Berlanti and Plec have been friends since college in the early 90s and are longtime fans of the series. It took them over a decade to chase down the rights to the series and even though the company (FremantleMedia) doesn't generally license it's shows to other studios, they were impressed by Berlanti and Plec's ideas and dedication to the project. So, FremantleMedia agreed to co-produce the series with WB.

I guess we'll see how it turns out.
  • Options
    Syfy gives a 13-episode straight-to-series order to Ronald D. Moore's Helix.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited March 2013
    Star Wars Clone Wars has been cancelled :( and Star Wars Detours has been put on the back burner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU14-qjqybQ
  • Options
    Clone Wars has NOT been that good this year, so maybe they are right to end it. I think the three part "D Squad" arc may have been the worst thing I have watched from any show in a long time...and I watch Whitney.

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    I bet that they are going to be moving over to a Disney owned channel with this stuff.
  • Options

...and I watch Whitney.

How can the Best Dressed Man in Comics do that to one's self?! Why oh why!?
  • Options

I miss them.

There's no other place to start.
  • Options

...and I watch Whitney.

Honestly? I watched the first season because I like Whitney Cummings's stand up, this season, I am hate-watching the show out of a sense of sick fascination, as it has become amazingly unfunny. Almost Andy Kaufman-esque as they will go into commercial on a non-joke. I wonder if everyone involved is thinking, "You know, I wonder if people will keep watching if we do THIS!:"

• Options

I miss them.

There's no other place to start.
    A lot of series have self-contained episodes. I'm just emphasizing that Lost was not one of those, that it was essentially a video novel and the viewer must begin with the very first episode, or else he will be lost.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

...and I watch Whitney.

Honestly? I watched the first season because I like Whitney Cummings's stand up, this season, I am hate-watching the show out of a sense of sick fascination, as it has become amazingly unfunny. Almost Andy Kaufman-esque as they will go into commercial on a non-joke. I wonder if everyone involved is thinking, "You know, I wonder if people will keep watching if we do THIS!:"

I can't imagine it being less funny. I watched that first episode, and I remember there were moments where the actors paused to wait for laughter to subside, even when there was no laughter forthcoming.
  • Options

A lot of series have self-contained episodes. I'm just emphasizing that Lost was not one of those, that it was essentially a video novel and the viewer must begin with the very first episode, or else he will be lost.

No excuses!

But yeah, I understand.
  • Options
    Revolution returns to NBC tonight

I wonder; if the ratings take another nose dive, will networks back away from the split-season concept?
  • Options

Revolution returns to NBC tonight

I wonder; if the ratings take another nose dive, will networks back away from the split-season concept?

The long hiatus damn near killed the show for me. This isn't like a sitcom where they can take a long time off,it's the type of show that needs momentum and with the break it had it kill said momentum. That coupled with such a weak mid opener, I can't see the show returning for a 2nd season. I'm sure there are a ton of people out there that are mad that the "Can I get a hot tub!" kid died because as of now the whole search and rescue was pointless and a waste of the viewers time.

Will I see where the rest of the season goes? Yes. Maybe I just want to bitch about it more in the coming weeks or maybe I just want to see if it gets good, I honestly couldn't tell ya.

One thing is for sure, NBC needs help and I'm not sure how long Chicago Fire (Really enjoy this show) can stop the spread of the heat.

• Options
    DmanDman Posts: 163
    edited March 2013
    3 more days - YIPPEE!!!

GoT_Season 3
  • Options
    Dman said:

3 more days - YIPPEE!!!

GoT_Season 3

Jake Lloyd is joining Game of Thrones!?!

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DmanDman Posts: 163

Dman said:

3 more days - YIPPEE!!!

GoT_Season 3

OMG RedRight88, say it isn't so. Who is he playing? I hope his acting has significantly improve with age.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Fox Soccer is being rebranded as FXX, which will serve as a sibling network to FX. FXX will initially focus on comedy, with current FX shows like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The League, Legit and Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell (expanding to 5 nights a week) moving to the new network when it launches in September.

The League and It's Always Sunny, who begin their 5th and 9th seasons this fall, were just renewed for a 6th and 10th season. Brand X With Russell Brand, currently in it's 2nd season, will also move to FXX if it gets renewed for a 3rd season.

FXX plans to launch with 4 original comedies and a late-night show, adding 2 more next year and eventually developing dramas.

Deadline
  • Options
    Dman said:

Dman said:

3 more days - YIPPEE!!!

GoT_Season 3

OMG RedRight88, say it isn't so. Who is he playing? I hope his acting has significantly improve with age.

No, it's because you said YIPPEE!!! much like Episode 1 >:)
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    tazmaniak said:

Fox Soccer is being rebranded as FXX, which will serve as a sibling network to FX. FXX will initially focus on comedy, with current FX shows like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The League, Legit and Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell (expanding to 5 nights a week) moving to the new network when it launches in September.

The League and It's Always Sunny, who begin their 5th and 9th seasons this fall, were just renewed for a 6th and 10th season. Brand X With Russell Brand, currently in it's 2nd season, will also move to FXX if it gets renewed for a 3rd season.

FXX plans to launch with 4 original comedies and a late-night show, adding 2 more next year and eventually developing dramas.

Deadline

I need to check and see if we get Fox Soccer. I do enjoy Always sunny.
  • Options
    Interesting article. The summary is that viewers are reluctant to commit to a series because they're afraid it'll get cancelled, and the show winds up getting cancelled because there aren't enough viewers watching it. A Catch-22.

There's a similar situation in comics, where some readers won't buy comics until they get collected into trades, but the publishers may not trade the series if the floppies don't sell respectably.