Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: General News and Discussion.

Comments

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    NBC renews Revolution, Chicago Fire, Parenthood, Grimm and SVU.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    Glad to hear about Grimm, as it is the only hour-long show I still watch on the network.

NBC has just about lost me. I am watching Community (more and more saying to folks, "Man, remember how great this show used to be?") and Parks and Rec, but that is it.

I'll give them this, though - with that two hours, it is two hours more than I watch ABC.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    edited April 2013
    Not only has Revolution been renewed, but they're adding on Rockne S O'Bannon as an executive producer.

cinemablend.com/television/Cult-Creator-Rockne-O-Bannon-Executive-Produce-Revolution-Season-2-55108.html
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

NBC has just about lost me. I am watching Community (more and more saying to folks, "Man, remember how great this show used to be?") and Parks and Rec, but that is it.

Yeah, I'm thinking that Community is pretty much done for (and I've actually liked most of the episodes this season).

I guess we could always hope it shows up on some other network or Netflix.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    tazmaniak said:

NBC renews Revolution, Chicago Fire, Parenthood, Grimm and SVU.

I like Grimm a lot. My wife and I love Parenthood and I'm glad to see it's coming back.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

Yeah, I'm thinking that Community is pretty much done for (and I've actually liked most of the episodes this season).

I guess we could always hope it shows up on some other network or Netflix.
    I'm about three weeks behind, but every episode I've seen so far feels like it was written by someone who studied a handful of episodes of the show, and then tried to imitate them. Maybe I'm just over-analyzing, but I could swear there are times when even the actors look uncomfortable delivering their lines, as if they know that a) they're out of character and b) they're not as funny as they used to be.

It's still better than most of the sitcoms out there - I'd gladly take it over something like Big Bang Theory any day - but it's still disappointing to see it fade away like this.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    So will Hannibal make it? I'm not investing otherwise.
  • Options
    New still from Disney XD's Avengers Assemble. The series will air a one-hour preview special on May 26, before the series officially debuts on July 7.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Though network Upfronts aren't until next week, they've already started announcing pilot pick-ups. Fox is first, having picked up 4 new dramas .

Rake - Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award winner Greg Kinnear makes his broadcast television series debut with the bold new legal drama Rake, from executive producer Peter Tolan and creator/executive producer Peter Duncan, who created the hit Australian series of the same name. RAKE centers on Keegan Deane, one of life’s great addicts, a brilliant and frustratingly charming criminal defense attorney, whose chaotic and self-destructive personal life often gets in the way of his professional one. He takes on the cases that nobody else will touch, ruled by a resolute optimism, belief in justice and dogged determination to defend those who seem beyond redemption – much like himself.

Gang Related - Gang Related, a gritty new action drama, follows Ryan Lopez (Ramon Rodriguez), a rising star in Los Angeles’ elite Gang Task Force – led by SAM CHAPEL (Emmy Award winner Terry O’Quinn) — who teams up with longtime Task Force member CASSIUS GREEN (RZA) to take on three of the city’s most dangerous gangs, including one he has ties to.

Almost Human - From Emmy Award-winning executive producer J.J. Abrams and creator/executive producer J.H. Wyman and starring Karl Urban, Michael Ealy and Emmy Award nominee Lili Taylor, Almost Human (working title) is an action-packed police drama set 35 years in the future, when police officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. An unlikely connection is forged when a cop with an aversion to robots and a robot with unexpected emotional responses investigate cases in a brave new world.

Sleepy Hollow - From co-creators/executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (the Star Trek and Transformers franchises, Fringe), the thrilling new action-adventure Sleepy Hollow is a modern-day retelling of Washington Irving’s classic. ICHABOD CRANE (Tom Mison) is resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time to find that the world is on the brink of destruction and that he is humanity’s last hope, forcing him to team up with a contemporary police officer (Nicole Beharie) to unravel a mystery that dates all the way back to the founding fathers.

Fox has also picked up 5 new comedies.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - From Dan Goor and Michael Schur, the Emmy Award-winning writers/producers of “Parks and Recreation,” and starring Emmy Award winners Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE is a single-camera ensemble comedy about what happens when a detective who doesn’t take anything seriously gets a new “by-the-book” boss who wants him to grow up and respect the badge.

Dads - The new live-action, multi-camera comedy from Emmy Award winner Seth MacFarlane, Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild, the creatively outrageous team behind “Ted” and FOX’s FAMILY GUY, stars Emmy Award winner Seth Green and Emmy Award nominee Giovanni Ribisi as two successful guys – and childhood best friends – whose lives get turned upside down when their pain-in-the-neck patriarchs (Martin Mull and Academy Award and Emmy Award nominee Peter Riegert) move in.

Enlisted - ENLISTED is an irreverent and heartfelt military-set single-camera family comedy starring Geoff Stults that follows three brothers getting to know each other again on a small Florida Army base and the group of misfits who surround them.

Us and Them - Based on the hugely popular and multiple-award-winning BBC 3 series “Gavin and Stacey” and starring Emmy Award nominee Jason Ritter and Alexis Bledel, US & THEM is an ensemble single-camera comedy about a young couple, whose path to happily-ever-after is complicated by the screwed-up circus of people closest to them.

Surviving Jack - SURVIVING JACK (working title) is a new single-camera ensemble comedy based on best-selling author Justin Halpern’s semi-autobiographical book, “I Suck at Girls.” Set in 1990s Southern California, Emmy Award nominee Christopher Meloni stars as a man becoming a dad, as his son is becoming a man, in a time before “coming of age” was something you could Google.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fox has cancelled Cops and Touch. Cops will move to Spike.
  • Options
    For those watching Survivor, last few nights have been crazy. Last night's, was almost painful.

I found out, through live call-ins on Armchair Survivor (podcast), that guys were in favor of the move, while women... were not.

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    tazmaniak said:

Almost Human - From Emmy Award-winning executive producer J.J. Abrams and creator/executive producer J.H. Wyman and starring Karl Urban, Michael Ealy and Emmy Award nominee Lili Taylor, Almost Human (working title) is an action-packed police drama set 35 years in the future, when police officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. An unlikely connection is forged when a cop with an aversion to robots and a robot with unexpected emotional responses investigate cases in a brave new world.

Sounds a lot like Mann and Machine.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    The CW has renewed The Carrie Diaries and Nikita and orders 5 new series.

The Originals - The Originals is a spin-off from The Vampire Diaries focusing on the Mikaelson siblings, who are also three of the world's original vampires, Klaus (Joseph Morgan), Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and Rebekah (Claire Holt) in New Orleans. Klaus must take down his protege, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), who is now in charge of New Orleans in order to keep his family safe.

The Tomorrow People - Based on the U.K. series created by Roger Price, the drama tells the story of several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution, possessing special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically. Together they work to defeat the forces of evil.

The 100 - Ninety-seven years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, a spaceship housing the lone human survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth to investigate the possibility of re-colonizing the planet.

Reign - The previously unknown and untold story of Mary Queen of Scots' rise to power when she arrives in France as a 15-year-old, betrothed to Prince Francis, and with her three best friends as ladies-in-waiting. The secret history of survival at French Court amid fierce foes, dark forces and a world of sexual intrigue.

Star-Crossed - Passion and politics threaten the peace and an epic romance ignites between a human girl (Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden) and an alien boy when he and eight others of his kind (The Orion 9) are integrated into a suburban high school ten years after they and hundreds of others landed on Earth and were immediately consigned to an internment camp where they’ve been imprisoned ever since.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    NBC cancels Guys With Kids, Up All Night, Whitney, Go On, Rock Center, Deception, The New Normal, Smash and 1600 Penn, renews Parks and Recreation and Community and picks up 11 new series.

About A Boy - An adaptation of Nick Hornby's novel and the 2002 Hugh Grant feature film, it follows the relationship between a bachelor man-child (Bent's David Walton) and the young boy (1600 Penn's Benjamin Stockham) who moves in next door with his crazy, single mother (Minnie Driver).

The Family Guide - A son who idolizes his blind father and is bemused by his mother’s (Parker Posey) newfound adolescence watches his family come closer together post-divorce. Loosely based on DJ Nash's life.

Sean Saves the World - Centers on Sean (Hayes), a guy who must figure out how to parent his 14-year-old daughter -- who just moved in -- while juggling a temperamental new boss at work.

Undateable - A young ensemble centering on a group of friends dubbed the "Undateables" whose lives are altered when a more confident character enters their world.

Welcome to the Family - Cultures collide when a white family and a Latino family are bonded together by their children who fall in love followed quickly by an unplanned pregnancy.

Crisis - When Washington's most powerful players are pulled into an international conspiracy, an unlikely puppeteer will bring everyone from CEOs to The President of the United States to their knees by threatening the things they hold most dear.

Believe - An unlikely relationship develops between a young girl named Bo (Johnny Sequoyah) with a gift and a man named Tate (Jake McLaughlin) sprung from prison who has been tasked with protecting her from the evil elements that hunt her power.

Ironside - A remake of the 1960s series that starred Raymond Burr. The reboot stars Blair Underwood as a tough, sexy but acerbic police detective relegated to a wheelchair after a shooting who, hardly limited by his disability, he pushes and prods his hand-picked team to solve the most difficult cases in the city.

Chicago PD - The Chicago Fire spinoff will center on the Chicago police department.

The Blacklist - The world's most wanted criminal mysteriously turns himself in and offers to give up everyone he has ever worked with. His only condition is he will only work with a newly minted FBI agent (Megan Boone) with whom he seemingly has no connection.

The Night Shift - An ensemble medical show following Army doctors working the late shift at a San Antonio Hospital.

Previously ordered direct-to-series.

Dracula - Series introduces Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) as he arrives in London, posing as an American entrepreneur who maintains that he wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. In reality, he hopes to wreak revenge on the people who ruined his life centuries earlier. There's only one circumstance that can potentially thwart his plan: Dracula falls in love with a woman who seems to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.

Crossbones - Set during the golden age of piracy in the 1700s and centers on legendary pirate Blackbeard (John Malkovich).
  • Options
    First footage from Avengers Assemble.

http://youtu.be/xYf0LhvCbtk
  • Options
    I'm missing Hawkeye's mask already.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    CBS cancels CSI: NY, Golden Boy, Vegas and Rules of Engagement and picks up 6 new series.

Hostages - Follows Ellen (Toni Collette), a Washington, D.C., surgeon who is thrown into a political conspiracy after being chosen to operate on the president of the United States. Her family is taken hostage, and it's her responsibility to save their lives.

Intelligence - Centers on U.S. Cyber Command, a unit that has been created around one agent (Lost's Josh Holloway) with a very special gift: a microchip that has been implanted in his brain that allows him to access the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

We Are Men - A young guy (Chris Smith) who finds camaraderie living among the more experienced guys (Kal Penn, Jerry O'Connell, Tony Shalhoub) he meets in a short-term rental complex.

Mom - Revolves around a newly sober single mom (Scary Movie's Anna Faris) who tries to pull her life together in Napa Valley.

The Millers - A recently divorced man's (Will Arnett) life is complicated when his parents decide to move in with him.

Crazy Ones - A father-daughter (Robin Williams-Sarah Michelle Gellar) workplace comedy set in the world of advertising.

Reckless - A sultry legal show set in Charleston, S.C., where a gorgeous Yankee litigator (Cam Gigandet) and a Southern city attorney struggle to hide their intense attraction while clashing over a police sex scandal.

Friends With Better Lives - From Friends producer Dana Klein, the multicamera offering centers on a group of thirtysomething friends who each think the other has it better.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ABC cancels Body of Proof, Red Widow, Malibu Country, Family Tools, How to Live with Your Parents and Happy Endings, renews The Middle, Last Man Standing, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Suburgatory, The Neighbors, Scandal, Grey's Anatomy, Castle and Nashville and ordered 12 new series.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Clark Gregg reprises his role of Agent Phil Coulson from Marvel’s feature films as he assembles a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Together they investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. Coulson’s team consists of Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), highly trained in combat and espionage, Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen) expert pilot and martial artist, Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker); brilliant engineer and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) genius bio-chemist. Joining them on their journey into mystery is new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Super Fun Night - Revolves around three nerdy female friends, including Pitch Perfect's Rebel Wilson, on a "funcomfortable" quest to have "super fun" every Friday night.

The Goldbergs - A dysfunctional Wonder Years set in the simpler times of the 1980s, inspired by Adam F. Goldberg's childhood.

Back In the Game - When Terry Gannon (Psych's Maggie Lawson), a recently divorced, single mother, temporarily moves in with her estranged father (James Caan), a beer-swilling former baseball player, she reluctantly starts coaching her son's (Griffin Gluck) underdog little league team and is drawn back into the world of sports she vowed to leave behind.

Mind Games - Provocative workplace ensemble centered on the complicated relationship between two brothers (SteveZahn, Christian Slater) who head a unique agency designed to attack their clients’ problems using the real science of human motivation and manipulation.

Trophy Wife - A reformed party girl named Kate (Malin Akerman) finds herself with an instant family when she falls in love with a man named Brad (Bradley Whitford) who has three manipulative children and two judgmental ex-wives.

Mixology - A high-concept single-camera comedy from the writers behind The Hangover set in the world of a sexy Manhattan bar chronicling the exploits of singles in search of love -- all over the course of one night.

Lucky 7 - An adaptation of British drama The Syndicate, the drama revolves around seven employees of a service station in Queens whose lives are changed in unexpected ways when they win a lottery jackpot.

Betrayal - A beautiful but unhappily married female photographer (Boss' Hannah Ware) begins a torrid affair with a lawyer for a powerful family. When he turns out to be defending a murder suspect who is being prosecuted by her husband (Chris Johnson), the relationship and the case begin a spiraling series of betrayals with cataclysmic results for everyone involved.

Resurrection - What happens when the people you have mourned and buried suddenly appear on your doorstep as if not a day's gone by? Would it be a miracle, madness and is it even real? The people of Arcadia are forever changed when their deceased loved ones suddenly start to return.

Killer Women - It's hard to fit in when you're the only woman in the notoriously male Texas Rangers, but that doesn't stop Molly Parker (Battlestar Galactica's Tricia Helfer) -- our ballsy, beautiful badass who knows how to get to the truth and isn't afraid to ruffle a few feathers on her way there. Based on the Argentine series Mujeres Asesinas.

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland - In Victorian England, the young and beautiful Alice (Sophie Lowe) tells a tale of a strange new land that exists on the other side of a rabbit hole. An invisible cat, a hookah smoking caterpillar and playing cards that talk are just some of the fantastic things she’s seen during this impossible adventure. Surely this troubled girl must be insane and her doctors aim to cure her with a treatment that will make her forget everything. Alice seems ready to put it all behind her, especially the painful memory of the genie she fell in love with and lost forever -- the handsome and mysterious Cyrus (Peter Gadiot). But deep down Alice knows this world is real and just in the nick of time, the sardonic Knave of Hearts (Michael Socha) and the irrepressible White Rabbit (John Lithgow) arrive to save her from a doomed fate. Together, the trio will take a tumble down the rabbit hole to this Wonderland where nothing is impossible.
  • Options
    Lucky 7 and Resurrection sound interesting, I'm sold on Agents Of SHIELD, We Are Men has an interesting sounding cast, and Crazy Ones had me at Robin Williams.

As for the rest -- it's PBS for me.
  • Options
    tazmaniak said:

First footage from Avengers Assemble.

http://youtu.be/xYf0LhvCbtk

Was that the Red Skull in Iron Man's suit?
  • Options
    tazmaniak said:

NBC's Fall Schedule

...and the network drops further down on my 'must see' list. Nothing among the new shows grabs my interest. Grimm moves back to Fridays (which makes you wonder why they moved it to Tuesday to begin with?), and Revolution moves to Wednesday to compete with Arrow, which means I won't be following the series after this season. Too bad, as it was beginning to get interesting. But not as interesting as Arrow.
  • Options
    These new shows sound terrible.

From all the networks.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Any word on The Cleveland Show? I haven't seen where it's cancelled and it's not on the fall schedule for FOX (which is always messed up by football), so it seems like it's in limbo...
  • Options
    It was cancelled. There was an announcement last month that Fox hadn't ordered any new episodes for next season.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fox's Fall Schedule.

The network will also bring back 24 for a limited run next May. 24: Live Another Day will be a 12-episode series that maintains the real-time format of the original series, skipping some hours within the 24-hour period.

Trailers.

Us & Them

Dads

Sleepy Hollow

Rake

Almost Human

Enlisted

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Gang Related

Surviving Jack
  • Options
    tazmaniak said:

Fox's Fall Schedule.

The network will also bring back 24 for a limited run next May. 24: Live Another Day will be a 12-episode series that maintains the real-time format of the original series, skipping some hours within the 24-hour period.

Well... Almost Human looks interesting... and I'm still with The Simpsons... and that, sadly, is pretty much it for FOX so far as I'm concerned. (I've liked 24 in the past, but I really think it's run its course by now.)