Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1224 Talkback: Avengers vs X-Men Month 1

13»

Comments

• Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458

Loving the 'No more Avengers' Promo that's out there now!
    Never saw that promo, but it is interesting.

I'm just spitballing here but I wondering if instead of Hope receiving the Phoenix Force, that maybe The Scarlet Witch will get it.

We know she is gonna play a role in AvsX and it would be an interesting twist. Marvel has all of us thinking it gonna be Hope and Wanda gets it.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    We also have X-Man and Cable who are related to Jean Grey... But the Phoenix usually bonds with telepaths.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited May 2012
    We also have X-Man and Cable who are related to Jean Grey... But the Phoenix usually bonds with telepaths.
    So a really good curveball would also be Emma, Psylocke and whomever else may fall into that power set.
  • Options
    MikeGallagherMikeGallagher Posts: 547
    I think either scarlet witch will save a possessed hope or the reverse.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Posts: 62
    I think they might be throwing a Phoenix Curveball at us as well. In all the 'cast' pages at the start of the comics it always says something like 'both teams BELIEVE that Hope will be the host', which makes me think that it's maybe not gonna be the case! :D
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Posts: 62
    I think either scarlet witch will save a possessed hope or the reverse.
    Agreed, I feel like this series is Wanda's 'Redemption'.
  • Options
    Russ_LRuss_L Posts: 3
    I don't think Hope being drawn by Greg Land had anything to do with her being drawn older. In the Cable series it was laid out how she aged over time. It's been established that she's 16 currently prior to this AvX series.

Also Hope's actual parents have never been revealed. She was born in the Alaska town, it was wiped out and they went from there.
  • Options
    At the end of X-Sanction Hope pulled the Legacy virus out of Cable. Cable it appears is now human and healing. Cable made Scott swear that he'll take care of her at the end of X-Sanction.
  • Options
    Jamie is thinking of Second Coming. This was when she came back. Hope's powers have been defined for the most part in Generation Hope and Second Coming. For the most part she can activate the newly active mutants and stabilize their powers. She also can take on the powers of those in her proximity as well as gaining more Phoenix powers as it gets closer to Earth.
  • Options
    MikeGallagherMikeGallagher Posts: 547
    I don't think Hope being drawn by Greg Land had anything to do with her being drawn older. In the Cable series it was laid out how she aged over time. It's been established that she's 16 currently prior to this AvX series.

Also Hope's actual parents have never been revealed. She was born in the Alaska town, it was wiped out and they went from there.
    Land doesnt draw 16 year olds. My point is that he limits himself greatly with the route he takes to get photo realism. She's drawn too mature.
    And sure one can argue that some girls could look like that at 16. Land only draws women extremely similar to each other.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    So a really good curveball would also be Emma, Psylocke and whomever else may fall into that power set.
    Emma was already possessed during X-Men Phoenix Endsong.

• Options
    Amalgam_ManAmalgam_Man Posts: 53
    Beer trap, nice. Seriously though, the writers need to do a little research. There are no polar bears in Antarctica. Wonder how the rest of the space team survived the star going nova. Guess we will have to find out.