Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: The Walking Dead

jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
I figured this needed to get started up. So how about that season finale?

Comments

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Good stuff.The finale broke the same record for the third time this season.The season premiere became the most watched episode among adults in basic cable history.The episode had 7.3 million viewers, with 4.8 million in the Adult 18-49 demo.The midseason premiere came along and drew in 8.1 million viewers, with 5.4 million in the Adult 18-49 demo.And finally the season finale pulled in 9 million viewers, with 6 million in the Adult 18-49 demo.

The Walking Dead is, or was, the #1 show on basic cable, with the #2( Swamp People) trailing by nearly 4 million viewers.I wonder how season 3 will perform.
  • Options
    JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    FINALLY! is all I had to say during the last 5 minutes of the finale. the only thing I have a problem with is that the actress playing Michonne doesn't have long hair, it's a small thing, but for some reason it bugs me. I can't wait to see what happens since a lot has changed as far as group dynamics, dale isn't there so no dale andrea romance, maggie hasn't shaved her head, and sophia is dead, so a lot of the things that happen in the prison can't at this point. I love the comic, and I love the show as well, it's interesting to see how things could have gone which is what I remember Kirkman said was one of his goals with the show, to do things he wanted to try in the comic but couldn't.
  • Options
    I think I agree with much of fandom when I express my dislike for Carl and Lori, as far as the way they were written the last half of season 2. I'm also of the opinion that Rick needs to lose just like virtually everyone else has.
  • Options
    FINALLY! is all I had to say during the last 5 minutes of the finale. the only thing I have a problem with is that the actress playing Michonne doesn't have long hair, it's a small thing, but for some reason it bugs me. I can't wait to see what happens since a lot has changed as far as group dynamics, dale isn't there so no dale andrea romance, maggie hasn't shaved her head, and sophia is dead, so a lot of the things that happen in the prison can't at this point. I love the comic, and I love the show as well, it's interesting to see how things could have gone which is what I remember Kirkman said was one of his goals with the show, to do things he wanted to try in the comic but couldn't.
    Well we don't know she won't have long hair in the show. We didn't see her without her hood and there are things called wigs and extensions so as for now anyways your one issue isn't an issue.

Also Maggie didn't cut her head until they were in the Prison so that might still happen.

It does suck that Dale is dead in the show. I would have loved to see how they would have wrote him for the Prison.

I'm with you on that the love for the comic and the show.
    I think I agree with much of fandom when I express my dislike for Carl and Lori, as far as the way they were written the last half of season 2. I'm also of the opinion that Rick needs to lose just like virtually everyone else has.
    I don't understand all the dislike for Carl and Lori. Can you explain why you don't like them?

I have no doubt that Rick will be losing during S3. He's on the edge of losing it in the show and in the comic that's when some shit goes down for him.

---
    I really hope that they write the Governor as the sick and twisted man he is in the comic.

And to everyone who is calling T-Dog a Tyreese fill in I have to ask why? Did you all forget the character Axel.

And finally, I really hope that do more with Morgan from the pilot.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Watched all of season 1, could never really get into it. Saw bits and pieces of season 2 because my wife still watched, but it still never grabbed me. I think it's a well-made show, it's just not my thing. Mostly because I just want the zombies to eat everyone already. Starting with the kid. He'd make a nice light app before the main course.
  • Options
    Carl seems to be in the 'more trouble then he's worth' phase right now and after telling Rick Shane was dangerous Lori now is giving Rick grief for self defense.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Carl seems to be in the 'more trouble then he's worth' phase right now and after telling Rick Shane was dangerous Lori now is giving Rick grief for self defense.
    After they eat the kid, the wife has to be the next to go. Go Team Zombie.
  • Options
    For me, Lori instigated all of the stuff between Rick and Shane. I also found her to be a bit too whiny. Much more than I found her to be in the comics. The confrontation between her and Andrea where she complains that Andrea isn't doing enough "womanly" duties like laundry was just weird to me. As for Carl. I think they need to put on cow bells on that kid. He's the only freaking kid left in that group with a bunch of adults and nobody can keep a freaking eye on him so he doesn't wander off?
  • Options
    Watched all of season 1, could never really get into it. Saw bits and pieces of season 2 because my wife still watched, but it still never grabbed me. I think it's a well-made show, it's just not my thing. Mostly because I just want the zombies to eat everyone already. Starting with the kid. He'd make a nice light app before the main course.
    It's called a slow burn, we see this in comics all the time, and they only come out once a month. I would highly suggest that you need to sit down and watch season 2, the payoff is worth it.
  • Options
    I get why people might think it's slow but the Walking Dead has never been about zombies eating people. It's about the survivors of this situation and how they cope with the new world and situation they have been forced to cope with. It's about how they survive and how they change in this new world which I find way more interesting that just watching them run away and kill zombies. As Kirkman has said in interviews before, the Walking Dead takes place after the Zombie movie where we see the survivors cope with what's happened to the world and I find that very interesting.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    To Quote Our Valued Customer fromthe other day:
    "Just cuz a show is unbelievably boring doesn't mean it's 'genius'"
  • Options
    my reply would have been "just because you don't have the patience to watch something, doesn't make it bad." when someone makes a comment like that, I'm going to assume their favorite movies are Crank and Transformers.
  • Options
    my reply would have been "just because you don't have the patience to watch something, doesn't make it bad." when someone makes a comment like that, I'm going to assume their favorite movies are Crank and Transformers.
    Very well said. I might be in the minority but I have liked all of the second season. Yeah, it was a bit slow but I thought we got some good episodes. The Daryl-centric episode for example was one of my favorites. I feel he grew as a character this season and became a favorite of mine.
  • Options
    I think I've watched the season finale four times now and it hasn't gotten old for me. Every moment of that show was just fantastic and I am pretty jazzed for the next season.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    For me, Lori instigated all of the stuff between Rick and Shane. I also found her to be a bit too whiny. Much more than I found her to be in the comics. The confrontation between her and Andrea where she complains that Andrea isn't doing enough "womanly" duties like laundry was just weird to me. As for Carl. I think they need to put on cow bells on that kid. He's the only freaking kid left in that group with a bunch of adults and nobody can keep a freaking eye on him so he doesn't wander off?
    The writers have implied that Lori is more upset with herself than Rick, and realized this is pretty much her fault.

That being said, that's not what I saw when I watched the episode. And still don't,
  • Options
    It's not even what I saw from the episode. It's from the whole season and last. Maybe it was unknowingly; but Lori had both Shane and Rick's ear and she got them both to go after each other. At least that's how I saw it and maybe she does feel guilty about what happened but it doesn't change the fact that she made it happen.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It's not even what I saw from the episode. It's from the whole season and last. Maybe it was unknowingly; but Lori had both Shane and Rick's ear and she got them both to go after each other. At least that's how I saw it and maybe she does feel guilty about what happened but it doesn't change the fact that she made it happen.
    See, I totally agree with you.

And if the writers wanted us to think otherwise, well.... they probably shouldn't have had Lori whisper sweet Lady Macbeths into Rick's ear.

• Options
    Yeah. When Lori was talking to Rick about how Shane wanted what was his, how the heck did anyone expect it to go down any other way? I still like how they kept somewhat to the book in that Carl shot Shane in the head after he turned.
  • Options
    Yeah. Glad in those scenes, both Rick and Carl got a moment to shine.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited March 2012
    I have no interest in for Lori on the show as a character. She is a snake in the grass that was playing Shane & Rick against each other, something BAD was going to happen. You can play innocent, stupid or batshit crazy but Lori had a hand in this mess. As for Andrea & Michonne it was a thrilling remaining final moments of season 2.

BRING ON THE RICK-TATORISHIP!!!

Matthew

PS
    Seriously if there was a child protective services in the zombiefest that still was working she would have been fed to the zombies by now for being such a neglectful mom.

See you again in October.
  • Options
    I have no interest in for Lori on the show as a character. She is a snake in the grass that was playing Shane & Rick against each other, something BAD was going to happen. You can play innocent, stupid or batshit crazy but Lori had a hand in this mess. As for Andrea & Michonne it was a thrilling remaining final moments of season 2.

BRING ON THE RICK-TORISHIP!!!

Matthew

PS
    Seriously if there was a child protective services in the zombiefest that still was working she would have been fed to the zombies by now for being such a neglectful mom.

See you again in October.
    While I prefer 'Rick-tatorship", I agree.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Also guys, did any here miss the "We are the Walking Dead speech" from the comics?

I kind of hoped we would get a variant of it.

But in it's place, we did get Rick's spiel at the end. I guess it balanced out.
  • Options
    I think him doing it like it was in the comics would have come off to corny. It rocked well in the comics due to the place he was mentally but at the end of S2 he just wasn't there yet.
  • Options
    I think him doing it like it was in the comics would have come off to corny. It rocked well in the comics due to the place he was mentally but at the end of S2 he just wasn't there yet.
    Y'know what, you're absolutely right about that.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Rick-tatorship, I stand corrected & agree w/ you @DoctorDoom

Matthew
  • Options
    Very well said. I might be in the minority but I have liked all of the second season. Yeah, it was a bit slow but I thought we got some good episodes. The Daryl-centric episode for example was one of my favorites. I feel he grew as a character this season and became a favorite of mine.
    I'm right there with you, and even with some of the people at my work who only watch the show, they have all said they liked it. The only place I've seen anyone say they didn't like the show was on the internet. the 10 or so people that I know who watched i, they all really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Love it!!!!
    *Rides into town on a horse*.... hmm needs a tumble weed :P

Anyone else fancy Glen, or is it just me??!! hehe
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    "Cold Storage" webisodes.

AMC
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2012

I'm right there with you, and even with some of the people at my work who only watch the show, they have all said they liked it. The only place I've seen anyone say they didn't like the show was on the internet. the 10 or so people that I know who watched i, they all really enjoyed it.

While I enjoyed season 2 I wish they had left the farm sooner. So far the Farm storyline is my least favorite in the comics. What sucks is come October 10th I won't be able to watch this show cause of the crap going on between Dish Network and AMC.
  • Options
    I enjoyed all of last season's episodes, but the second ha;f really kicked it into overdrive.

Maybe Darabont going wasn't so bad after all.